I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:54:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  How many of you here are on home Hemodialysis?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many of you here are on home Hemodialysis?  (Read 16663 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2006, 08:00:11 PM »

Problem with having a picture on here  ?  ok I'll remove mine  ((( sorry.)))

No, your Avatar picture is fine.  You mean you didn't understand that the "quotes" had the picture of the dialysis machine by the bed 4 times?  AND Epoman just asked us to minimize our pictures.  Boy are you touchy.   :-\

willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006, 04:54:34 PM »

Hi Everyone

I think I'm feeling guilty. We have been called about training on the NxStage system one. We would of been this clinics first to train. Only problem is I turned them down. My husband has a bunch of medical appointments, dentist today, dialysis and labs tomorrow, 50 mile trip Friday to take labs to clinic, 150 mile trip to DC for cardiologist on Monday, 50 miles for Clinic on Wednesday, and on 27th, 150 mile trip to DC to meet with transplant folks. In the middle somewhere, I need to order dialysis supplies and get a delivery, we need grocery's for cooking, clean laundry, the lawn needs mowed, the pets want fed and attention, Len's driver's license is about to expire and I'm sure the bill collectors would loved to be paid, which means a trip to the post office and then don't forget about prescriptions that need to be filled.

I'm really worried about this clinic being at least 2 1/2 hours away. I HATE driving in DC on a good day. But after the trip and then training and then driving home, added to everything else, I really don't know if I can do it. I'm getting older and it takes me days to recover from a one day trip there. I don't sleep real well since I spent 6 months at hospitals with Len, every little noise wakes me up. I'm starting to feel I'm letting him down by not jumpring on this opportunity so at least he could travel to see his family.

I'm sorry that this sounds like I feel sorry for myself, I really don't. I'm thankful for everyday I can spend with Len. Sometimes I just need to B---H. Thanks for letting me.

willieandwinnie

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 06:33:31 PM »

Don't feel guilty.  It takes two to do Home Hemo.  Wait until it comes closer to you.  If they want you that bad, they can come to your house and train.

Gus

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 07:18:33 PM »

willieandwinnie@ Your not talking about Len from Canada are you?.....unless there's more Lens here... ;D
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 04:25:40 AM »

No, we are not from Canada.

Southern Maryland

willieandwinnie

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Naggy6

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2006, 09:08:37 PM »

I'm waiting for my center to get the nxstage machine. I am looking forward to having it at home but I'm also a little worried that it may be a little much for me at this time. I am the secondary caregiver for my elderly father and I work full time. I was figuring I had a room upstairs in my house for doing dialysis but now my son has just moved back home from FL. I'm hoping by the time my center gets the new machines my son will have his own place.

As far as my father is concerned I hope he will be more stable by then.

Isn't it nice to go where every body knows your name.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2006, 07:55:22 PM »

It takes two to do Home Hemo. 
2 to do hemo? :( ... I live by myself. My city is supposed to get home hemo and the nurse offered it to me. But I live on my own. Maybe she forgot? Well it is the kind that needs the plumbing altered and my subsidized-housing apartment manager will not allow that anyway :(

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Len

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2006, 08:02:25 PM »

I'm on home Hemo , also I live alone .I have been on it now for a year with no problems,you would need two dedicated  plug ins  and a water supply and a drain  not that many changes needed ..
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2006, 09:27:52 PM »

I'm on home Hemo , also I live alone .I have been on it now for a year with no problems,you would need two dedicated  plug ins  and a water supply and a drain  not that many changes needed ..
That is plenty to my apartment manager :( She wouldn't even let me pick the bigger bedroom to sleep in when I had my Nocturnal Hemo machine by my bed because she was my neighbour (worked out that way) and said she didnt want to hear my machine beep ever and wake her up. :( Just the way she is.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »