I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:06:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  26th May 1988 End of a Transplant.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 26th May 1988 End of a Transplant.  (Read 3030 times)
kevno

« on: May 25, 2006, 11:10:02 PM »

It started the day before, I had a nose bleed which would not stop everything was tried to stop it. In hospital over night. Then on the 26th May started to fit, black outs. My lab results were sky high. So I was put on Haemo that day for two and a half hours. Been on dialysis ever since no breaks 18 years Today. For some reason it seems to have gone very fast those 18 years. The Doctors told me that it was the protein from my own blood that finished off the Transplant Kidney.

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
anja

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 10:37:12 AM »

What an anniversary, Kevno!  You really were thrown in to the thick of it!  I am glad you  have the disposition that you have to be so helpful and uplifting.  We are very fortunate to have your wit and wisdom here in this forum!  I am also glad you feel that the 18 years have gone by quickly, for you must have kept busy and enjoyed them for it to seem so.  How are things standing at this point with your leg?  How is the pain-control?  Wishing you the best~ keep strong and positive!    Dee
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 07:59:48 PM »

Kevno, in those 18 years have you even been "called" for a transplant?  You know, maybe you didn't make it in the "final Match" or something?

kevno

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 01:55:21 PM »

Been called once.

Was all gowned up drips up had pre med, gone through all the tests. Was going to have the Transplant at 4pm at 4.05pm was told the kidney was not suitable. Been in getting ready for the transplant since 8am that morning. Never been called since then.

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »