I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 02:22:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  What's your HD shift time?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your HD shift time?  (Read 5826 times)
Krisna

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 05:23:14 PM »

Yeah, I hated running on Saturdays.  It just totally messed my weekend up.  I like my time right now it works out because I'm not really tired enough to go to bed after but I'm tired enough to take a short nap in the 45 minutes it takes John to get home from work and then I'm good till bedtime.  He always brings me food on dialysis days because he know I won't feel up to cooking. 

I also didn't address the noise issue talked abt earlier in this thread.  My center requires us to use headphones to watch TV so we don't disturb other patients.  They don't do anything if you don't use them but it's frowned upon.  I use some that block most of the noise from the machines except for alarm sounds which I wanna hear anyway so I know what's going on.  I also listen to my iPod, chat with other patients and read a lot on dialysis.  Sometimes I take a nap but not always.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 05:25:30 PM by Krisna » Logged

Nov. 1979 - Diagnosed with glomerulonephritis of unknown origin by Dr. Robert
                  Hickman
Dec. 1979 - Diagnosed with Viral Pneumonia
Late Dec. 1979 - Emergency surgery to place a Scribner Shunt in left arm for dialysis
Jan. 1980 - Start hemodialysis until recovered from viral pneumonia
Feb. 27, 1980 - Receive 5 antigen living related transplant from father
Mar. 3, 1987 - PTH removed and part of one placed in left arm.  Fistula also placed in right arm.
Sept. 1988 - Start hemodialysis
Feb. 4, 1989 - Receive 6 antigen perfect match cadaveric transplant
Jan. 1994 - Return to hemodialysis
Oct. 18, 1996 - Receive 6 antigen perfect match cadaveric transplant
Nov. 22, 1996 - Emergency surgery to repair aneurysm to artery in kidney
Dec. 20, 1996 - Emergency surgery to repair aneurysm.  Kidney removed due to infection which has spread down right leg to abt mid thigh.
Apr. 1997 - Arterial bypass surgery to restore arterial blood flow to right leg
July 29, 1998 - Receive 6 antigen perfect match cadaveric transplant
Sept. 6, 2002 - Return to hemodialysis
Dec. 7, 2002 Sm. intestine ruptures while home alone. Still conscious upon arrival at hospital.
Dec. 8. 2002 - Surgery to repair ruptured bowel.  The prognosis is not good.  Surgeon tells family to prepare for the worse.  Spend a week in a coma and 3 months in hospital.  Takes abt a year and a half to completely recover.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »