I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:45:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Klutz Onboard
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Klutz Onboard  (Read 3948 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: May 18, 2006, 08:38:49 PM »

Well....I really did it today at work.  I fell over my own two feet, a shoelace, and a chair.  I was going to get my students more paper from a cupboard.  I was maneuvering around a chair and somehow got caught up in the legs, then stepped on the right shoe lace with the left foot, leaving me no way to get my balance with the right foot and down I went.  Noone saw me luckily, however they all heard the thud as I hit the floor. 
    Students were really nice, no laughter burst out.  One kid threatened to kill anyone that laughed.  He said "Don't laugh, That had to have hurt."  A few grins...but very concerned for me.Then there is me trying to make sure I did not kill myself.  I was struggling not to get the giggles.  I was more embarrassed than hurt.
    I ache tonight, so pain meds I had in the house are down my throat.  I think I will have to report this fiasco tomorrow at work.  I probably will have to go see the chiropractor.
    Then I get home and the hubby is home early.  Unusual for him.  Seems he hit himself in the face with a heavy-duty wrench while under a garbage truck trying to repair it.  He is a heavy equipment mechanic.  He said he bled quite a bit.  He went to the doctor and is on pain pills, too.   Luckily he did not knock any teeth out and did not knock himself out cold. We make quite a pair.

I realize this has nothing to do with dialysis, but thought you might get a good laugh at the klutzes that live in my house!  Moderator, if you want to move this post to another area, feel free to do so.

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 09:28:07 PM »

Well....I really did it today at work.  I fell over my own two feet, a shoelace, and a chair.  I was going to get my students more paper from a cupboard.  I was maneuvering around a chair and somehow got caught up in the legs, then stepped on the right shoe lace with the left foot, leaving me no way to get my balance with the right foot and down I went.  Noone saw me luckily, however they all heard the thud as I hit the floor. 
    Students were really nice, no laughter burst out.  One kid threatened to kill anyone that laughed.  He said "Don't laugh, That had to have hurt."  A few grins...but very concerned for me.Then there is me trying to make sure I did not kill myself.  I was struggling not to get the giggles.  I was more embarrassed than hurt.
    I ache tonight, so pain meds I had in the house are down my throat.  I think I will have to report this fiasco tomorrow at work.  I probably will have to go see the chiropractor.
    Then I get home and the hubby is home early.  Unusual for him.  Seems he hit himself in the face with a heavy-duty wrench while under a garbage truck trying to repair it.  He is a heavy equipment mechanic.  He said he bled quite a bit.  He went to the doctor and is on pain pills, too.   Luckily he did not knock any teeth out and did not knock himself out cold. We make quite a pair.

I realize this has nothing to do with dialysis, but thought you might get a good laugh at the klutzes that live in my house!  Moderator, if you want to move this post to another area, feel free to do so.
Katherine

Good story, sorry to hear it. But I will move this to the "Off-Topic" section  ;) feel free to talk about anything you want in that section.  :)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 09:54:44 PM »

Good spot for it. Thanks Epoman. Mea culpa. forgot this was here.

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kevno

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 10:18:09 PM »

Sorry :o I need a tissue to wipe my eyes I cannot see for laughing ;D ;D >:D >:D

OUCH ;) that must have hurt, both times ::)

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 07:11:15 AM »

OMG  What did you two have for breakfast??? ;D  Glad you're okay, but I'd complain to hubby -- hard to get sympathy for bruises when he has a "booboo" that bled.  :)

BTW, it's obvious that your students love you -- there's a special place in Heaven for good teachers.

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 05:43:48 AM »

BTW, it's obvious that your students love you -- there's a special place in Heaven for good teachers.

AMEN! ;D

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »