I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:38:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  rip1 on board
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: rip1 on board  (Read 2771 times)
Rip1

« on: May 08, 2006, 02:39:05 PM »

Hi, this is my first time here. I have been on hemo in center for over 11 years, minus a disastrous experiment with peritoneal and a failed transplant. I found out the hard way that I am allergic to most steroids. Still relatively mobile despite the efforts of a few inept dialysis personnel to change that. Hope to learn something here, and maybe impart some knowledge too. :) I am now the senior in our center - something to be proud of I guess. My reason for being on dialysis is PKD so thank God I don't have some of the complications that are caused for other conditions requiring dialysis. All in all, dialysis is way better than the alternative. Take Care, Rip
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 02:45:58 PM by Rip1 » Logged
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:48:53 PM »

Welcome to the Board, Rip!  I like your statement about learning and imparting.  That is what this board is about.  Sorry to hear about your steroid problem, but glad that you are still on the up and up.  Please don't be silent.  Share with us.  You can check the postings and add your own piece.  As you will notice, there are all types of individuals in this group (accent on individual) so there is a place for your particular slant.
Let 'er rip!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 08:28:12 PM »

Hi Rip1.  Welcome to the site.  I know people who have been on dialysis going on 20 years and still going strong, so hang in there.

This site has only been going for 9+ months so it is growing very fast.  Please share your knowledge.   :D

Tracy Lynn

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 10:53:09 AM »

Hey, Rip1. Welcome to the site. I, personally, can use all the help I can get.  :P  Glad you found us.

Filled with hate, like a bitter, raging Twinkie
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 08:40:05 PM »

Glad to meet you Rip.  Welcome to the board. ;D

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »