I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:50:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Space For Peritoneal Supplies?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Space For Peritoneal Supplies?  (Read 4393 times)
ulrika

« on: May 06, 2006, 09:26:10 AM »

My daughter's supplies for peritoneal dialysis will arrive next Thursday, and we have no idea how much space to prepare for it.
Could the peritoneal veterans on this board please help us with this?

Ulrika

toad

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 09:55:18 AM »

let me know how many boxes or how many exchanges she will be doing daily...as well as how often her deliveries are then i can help u out....toad
ulrika

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »

From what we understand, the deliveries will take place every 4-6 weeks, and we believe she will have 4 exchanges per day, until she starts on the cycler.
She will start her training next week, so we will know more at that time. However, the supplies will arrive while she is away on training, and we have no idea how much space to allow. Should we empty a whole room, or would a closet be enough?

Ulrika

toad

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 12:09:48 PM »

i went to home depot and bought a double sliding door closet with a shelf on the top...it will hold 24 full boxes of solution. on the top u can can put her drain bags needles and just about everything else...this holds almost my months supply worth with about 5 boxes on the floor...if u need anymore help u can contact me directly if u want
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 03:21:14 AM »

i went to home depot and bought a double sliding door closet with a shelf on the top...it will hold 24 full boxes of solution. on the top u can can put her drain bags needles and just about everything else...this holds almost my months supply worth with about 5 boxes on the floor...if u need anymore help u can contact me directly if u want

What? NO! why? this board is all about people learning from others. Please continue to ask any questions here on the board for ALL to read.

I do not want to have to disable PM's and hide members emails from each other. So please continue discussions here. Let everyone learn from your questions and replies.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
kevno

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 04:59:46 AM »

I just had my CAPD boxes, piled up in my room, all the extra equipment like caps,lines, alcowipes and so on. put on shelves. Did that for 12years.

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Panda_9

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 06:43:17 AM »

I was on 6 exchanges a day and the boxes took up pretty much an entire wall in my bedroom and sometimes had to put boxes in the loungeroom. I had a chest of drawers which I used to open my bags and hook up, and I put the little things in the drawers. I had an open box of caps on the top of the drawers to ready access.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »