I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 12:21:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  The continuing saga
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The continuing saga  (Read 20287 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: September 21, 2007, 09:41:34 PM »

There was good news and bad news today from the transplant nation.

Good news: They have not said no to me yet.

Bad news: They want the xrays sent to an oncological surgeon and this will take a few weeks.  Kaiser has to ship them the records then they have to look at it, then committee again.  Seems kaiser does not write good reports for LL to follow up on.  Shhez!

I was flipping livid this afternoon. I feel like a giant hole opened up and I fell in it.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
st789

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 10:00:12 PM »

Why is oncology surgeon involve in this?  You are overdue to be on the list and receive the transplant!! ??? ???
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 10:57:51 PM »

:cuddle;

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 02:19:11 AM »

Kitkatz I admire your strength. Since I've known you you have been through many trials and yet you seem to handle everything in due time. I guess what else could you do stop all the madness anyway? But I really do give you credit. Take care and just keep on keeping on Hun. My prayers and good thoughts are with you always.  :grouphug;
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 04:44:38 AM »

Oh KitKatz. NOW what.  You have been through enough, when is this going to end? I'll be praying for you, that you ARE on the list, before the end of October.  :grouphug; :grouphug;
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 09:22:38 AM »

I can relate. It seems like they kept finding off the wall tests after I had completed the normal list--hemotologist to make sure I didn't have a rare blood disorder!  After they do the tests, then it is always sending it somewhere for someone else to look at.  They make it all sould so easy at that first transplant meeting.  I am so sorry you keep getting the run around. I was told it took 3-5 months to get through the tests and put on the list---mine took a year.   Keep the goal in sight and keep jumping through their hoops.  We want you on that list! :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 10:59:36 AM »

Kitkatz,
  I'm so sorry that things are taking their own sweet time. It took us 4 1/2 years to get Len listed. They wouldn't even talk to us when his kidneys first failed. Had to wait for his wound to be closed. But it will happen and you will get that call.

You sound a lot like me. Lots of strength, but no patience. Please hang in there. We are all waiting to hear the good news.

Kathy
willieandwinnie

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 11:46:21 PM »

Thank you all. Yep, the mass they found down by my spine between the rectum and spine has them all worried and they want an onological consult from one of their doctors. He has to see the MRI scans and CT scans. LL already had these in their hands and shipped them back to kaiser so off they have to go again.  I have calmed down from the screaming mimi level I was at last night. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 10:48:50 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 12:28:02 AM »

So here are my thoughts I had after I calmed down from screaming at God for a few hours over all of this mess. I told Him it was not funny and to quit messing with me. If I had to be taught patience there were other ways to do it!

Two things came up:
1. If the transplant is to happen it will happen. Things always happen when they are supposed to happen. I have to give it time and patience.  If I am listed then this is going to happen.
2. If LL does not want to list me then I give up for good on transplant.  I will learn to live with dialysis the best way I know how and probably go on home dialysis for the duration. 

I am not getting my hopes up just to have them dashed.  I am trying to stay calm and keep on moving calmly. I have the TC phone number now for LL so now I can directly bother her every two weeks. Hehehehe.

lifenotonthelist.com

Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 12:37:35 AM »

If I had to be taught patience there were other ways to do it!

I think you have well and truly learnt the meaning of patience Kit.    :cuddle;

You have amazing strength.    :-*

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
donnia
Elite Member

me and my donor Joyce

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 12:44:05 AM »

Kit, I am sorry you have to go through all this.  It took forever for me to get listed. 

I don't know how long you have been trying... but with me...I filled out the paperwork 10/06, first visit 02/14, second visit 03/07... tests... tests....more tests, oh yeah... more blood tests to make sure I was not prone to clot..... finally got the call that I was accepted to the Baylor Transplant Program on 05/24... then insurance finally cleared everything and I was officially listed 06/09.

Born with one kidney 1972
Ureter re-constructured 1975 (reflux had already damaged the kidney)
Diagnosed and treated for high blood pressure 2000
Diagnosed ESRF October 2006
Started dialysis September 2007
Last dialysis June 4, 2008
Transplant from my hero, Joyce, June 5, 2008
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 11:52:15 AM »

Thank you all. Yep, the mass they found down by my spine betweent he retum and spine has them all worried and they want an onological consult from one of their doctors. He has to see the MRI scans and CT scans. LL already had these in their hands and shipped them back to kaiser so off they have to go again.  I have calmed down from the screaming mimi level I was at last night. 

Can you feel the lump yourself? I ask, because I had a lump on my "tail bone" about 10 years ago. It sounds similar to your problem. Mine hurt, A LOT when I sat down, so they x-rayed it, MRI-ed it, then tapped it and found it was just a really BIG cyst. I had it surgically removed with a very simple procedure.

I hope everything turns out ok regardless tho!

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 12:28:59 PM »

:grouphug;

Hang in there, lady!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Black
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 06:58:09 PM »

Can you feel the lump yourself? I ask, because I had a lump on my "tail bone" about 10 years ago. It sounds similar to your problem. Mine hurt, A LOT when I sat down, so they x-rayed it, MRI-ed it, then tapped it and found it was just a really BIG cyst. I had it surgically removed with a very simple procedure.

Yikes!  I had one of those removed as well -- pilonidal cyst or pilonidal abscess.  Simple out-patient surgery and healed quickly.

Kat, do a web search and see if that could be what you have.

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 07:15:40 PM »

My prayers are with you.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 08:57:41 PM »

The doc said it would be a complicated surgery to get to it. So let's hope it is benign.

lifenotonthelist.com

Black
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 09:51:39 PM »

The doc said it would be a complicated surgery to get to it. So let's hope it is benign.

Will be praying for it to be a simple cyst and easier than they think!!  :grouphug;

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 05:02:11 AM »

Geezuz what are they waiting on? I think you need a bigger stick Kit. Seriously tho.. I hope you get a quick resolve to this and that it turns out to be benign. Are they concerned about access (hard to get at) because there could be complications? or strictly location? Either way I'm glad you have come to terms a little bit more with all of this. We all love ya girl so take care and keep us updated as things unfold.  :grouphug;  :grouphug;
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 09:21:13 AM »

Yikes!  I had one of those removed as well -- pilonidal cyst or pilonidal abscess.  Simple out-patient surgery and healed quickly.

Kat, do a web search and see if that could be what you have.

Pilonidal Cyst--that's what I had. Sorry, I kind of forgot to mention the name.

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
stauffenberg
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 10:59:47 AM »

You have to deal with your problems one at a time, so first hope that the mass detected on your spine is benign, and if it is not, concentrate on curing that issue before you worry about transplants.  For most cancers, depending on the type and stage of the cancer, a renal transplant will be possible 2 to 5 years after the cancer is cured, so you don't have to give up on that hope even if it turns out that you have cancer.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »

The Kaiser docs seem to think it is not cancerous. Just a cyst hanging out in the body. LL wants to know for sure.  So I am waiting until Friday then I call the TC and bug them again. Hehehehe. 

lifenotonthelist.com

Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 01:03:04 AM »

:bump; 

Anymore news Kitkatz?     :cuddle;

PKD
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 09:14:27 PM »

Still in Limboland.

lifenotonthelist.com

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2007, 10:41:49 PM »

:banghead;  :banghead;  :banghead; I am frustrated for you Kit!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 02:30:40 AM »

:banghead;  :banghead;  :banghead; I am frustrated for you Kit!

Me Too!!!   :banghead; :banghead;   :boxing;

PKD
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »