I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 08:23:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  I am my mother's keeper
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am my mother's keeper  (Read 5459 times)
Shirleys daughter

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2007, 09:31:39 AM »

Hi!
It is a very difficult task, taking care of your mother.  I know, because my sister and I are taking care of our 74 year old mother who had her kidneys removed last october, but has been on dialysis since 7-06.  My mother is living with my sister and has to dialize 3 days per week.
Her memory is failing, she hardly gets out of bed, only wants to eat junk and every little thing is a battle!
My sister is 50 and I will be 45 on Tuesday.
This website was a Godsend for me.  It eased alot of our fears and everyone is so supportive.
E-Mail me if you would like to talk. 
Lisa
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 01:08:32 PM »

Hi!
It is a very difficult task, taking care of your mother.  I know, because my sister and I are taking care of our 74 year old mother who had her kidneys removed last october, but has been on dialysis since 7-06.  My mother is living with my sister and has to dialize 3 days per week.
Her memory is failing, she hardly gets out of bed, only wants to eat junk and every little thing is a battle!
My sister is 50 and I will be 45 on Tuesday.
This website was a Godsend for me.  It eased alot of our fears and everyone is so supportive.
E-Mail me if you would like to talk. 
Lisa

Lisa, I guess I'm a real pro-active person when it comes to my mom's health. I am overly cautious due to my dad's situation when he passed. What most concerns me is something you said, 'my mother is living with my sister.' I just don't know what the future holds. We are under the assumption now that mom will continue to live in her senior apartment complex. She has a call button to wear around her neck as she moves around there, and one next to the toilet. They have a phone that dials the office immediately, and signs they post on the door - one for when they leave "out and about," and one when they are home that has to be out by 9:30am "I'm OK." Guess we have to roll with the punches.

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »