I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:35:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  a different way that works
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: a different way that works  (Read 14034 times)
cannot believe

« on: April 30, 2006, 07:03:14 PM »

Hi,
I cannot believe (hence my name) how many of you have bad experiences with dialysis. My husband (who also happens to be a physician) is a dialysis patient since 1991. He too, suffered from physical problems as a result of infrequent dialyis at a clinic over 40 miles away. He had to travel before dawn to get there, dialyze and return so he could get back to his very full time job.
After searching and not giving up, he now dialyses in the comfort of his own home, while working at his computer and continues to work full time and then some.
Oh, and he is a doc who spends time with his patients so I am sorry so many of you have docs who don't spend time with you. Some of these "high paid" docs don't get much as reimbursement for your care-however. Medicare is not a big spender and Medicaid even (much) less. Socialized medicine and all.
My husband is much better off doing his daily home treatments of 2-3 hours. (he doesn't miss a day believe me) His health is great and since he is a vegetarian and strict with his diet, he does great.
Perhaps you all need help in finding better solutions to dialysis. Life is what you make it and perhaps you need to take charge. Why settle for a less than adequate doctor if you don't think he or she is spending enough time with you. Get another one or tell that doc the way you feel! Improve your diet if you need to. God helps those who help themselves, etc.
We just took a trip to Mexico-dialysis and all! Stayed in a beautiful home and my husband took his supplies on the plane and enjoyed the trip including a 3 day business conference!
So all of you who "hate" and need to "vent"--why don't you just be grateful that because of dialysis--you are alive to tell about it. There's always a better way and my husband found it and keeps busy enjoying the freedoms he has and his liife WITH dialysis. God bless you one and all.
P.S. Bring those nurses some flowers!
P.P.S. reply and perhaps we can help you find a better way!    dialysis@yellowstonegetaway.com
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 10:42:58 PM by Epoman » Logged
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 07:29:18 PM »

Hi Mrs. Positive. 

Welcome to the site.

When you are hooked up yourself, then you can tell me what to think and do.  Until then maybe you need to read more posts on this site.  Maybe if Kevno just has a more positive attitude his leg won't need to be cut off.  Maybe if "Life on Hold" would have been a little more positive about her heart operation, she wouldn't be dead. Maybe if I would have had wonderful positive flowery thoughts about reducing my Prednisone I wouldn't have gone through Steroid Witdrawl. 

Maybe your husband, Mr. Positive, gets a little more attention because he is a physician.  I sit by one at the clinic and HE is never put on late.  He is NEVER taken off late.  His physisian stays longer at his chair and they talk shop.

I might be happier too if I would go to Mexico for a week......wait, not Mexico.  I live in California.  How about Hawaii! 

Chemotherapy helps people live too.  But, I think people pretty much hate it.

Sorry if I'm crabby, but I haven't slept in 3 nights.  When I got my transplant, the first 2 things I noticed were I was hungry and I could SLEEP.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 08:05:29 PM »

"So all of you who "hate" and need to "vent"--why don't you just be grateful that because of dialysis--you are alive to tell about it" posted by Cannot believe

My reply:

(Okay, Katherine...Get a grip....Try to be nice.)

I could actually care less about being alive due to dialysis.  You know, lady, you know nothing about my life and the choices that have led me here.  Please do not judge me for hating being on dialysis and needing to vent.  It is the only place I have to vent any feelings right now. 

The family does not understand where I am at. The docs try but they really have no idea.
I cannot release the hateful, vengeful, angry part of me on the husband when I feel lousy. He is the best thing I got going for me.
When you live with the Angel of Death looking over your schoulder every day of your life, then you can come talk to me about How I should be feeling lucky to be alive.

I think, you think we are stupid for not being grateful for dialysis.  We are not stupid, we are ILL!  With a disease that is relentless and will NEVER give us a break as long as we live.  ESRD and dialysis are progressive and never let up! 

So stick it in your ear, rather than your arm!

Katherine

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 01:27:35 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 10:03:22 PM »

As the ADMIN/OWNER for this site I try to stay neutral and be fair to all members but "Rerun" said EXACTLY what I was thinking as did "Kitkatz". Your post sickened me, but I guess it makes you feel better to talk down to people. You came here and posted, not to help us but to belittle this site as well as my members and to show how wonderful your life is.

Your post is so full of shit, I need to clean it off my monitor. Here are the comments I am referring to:

"I cannot believe (hence my name) how many of you have bad experiences with dialysis."
Amazing isn't it, what complainers we are, maybe we should all be punished for venting by holding our arm down and stick needles in....Oh wait...We already do get stuck.

"dialyze and return so he could get back to his very full time job."
With this statement are you trying to make us non workers feel bad? Your husband works, yeah so? Many of our members work full time as well. Do you want a cookie?

"Some of these "high paid" docs don't get much as reimbursement for your care-however."
I laugh to that lets see, lets do the math MY Kaiser/Medicare combo pays my doctor almost $500 a month JUST to see me at the center and I see him maybe once or twice a month for a total of 2 minutes per visit. And my doctor has Several Dozen patients. So you do the math Several Dozen X $500 = $$$$$ By the way what kind of car does you and your husband drive?

"Perhaps you all need help in finding better solutions to dialysis."
Damn, why didn't I think of that. OK everyone put on your thinking caps and lets find an alternative to dialysis. Dialysis whether it be in-center or home still is a terrible way to live.

"Life is what you make it and perhaps you need to take charge."
Hey maybe your catching on, that is why this site is here to give people a voice, to get answers straight from people who actually face the very same situation as they are in. Unlike you who sits on her high horse and throws stones.

"God helps those who help themselves, etc."
I'm religious and all that however I guess that little girl that was found dead in her neighbors bathtub dead and about to be his dinner recently in the news didn't try to help herself enough. Things happen in this world that are way beyond our control. And by my members posting on this site, they ARE helping themselves.

"why don't you just be grateful that because of dialysis--you are alive to tell about it."
Why don't you walk a mile in one of our shoes then talk to us about being grateful. Seriously if you were an actual dialysis patients your comment might mean something but since your NOT, you make me sick to my stomach.

"P.S. Bring those nurses some flowers!"
What? why should I have to kiss their ass, they get paid to perform a duty and to do that duty well for ALL patients, even to the ones that don't kiss their ass. Oh wait maybe your saying that if I kiss their ass they will give me the "Special" treatment that will cure my disease or make the 3 or 4 hours go faster?

"P.P.S. reply and perhaps we can help you find a better way!"
If you really want to help PLEASE never post here again. You have offended EVERY member here and some of the members have been on dialysis their whole life, since they were children. Which is a lot worse than what your husband has faced.

Seriously I can't begin to comprehend what you were hoping to accomplish here by making such an asinine post. With all my problems of kidney failure, being in a wheelchair, and a cancer survivor. Did you really think you could make me change the name of this site to ilovedialysis.com? oh wait that's right you didn't even take the time to read our introductions, you just saw our sites name and made an ass out of yourself. You know what they say when you Assume. If you had the common sense to read many of the posts here and get to know our members, I promise you would have written a much different post. You would have found out that we all have been through a gambit of health problems and much of those problems are related to having kidney failure.

But seriously I don't know why I am even wasting my time on you, when you are not even a patient and you could NEVER understand what it's like. I guess I'm just defending my members because unlike you I actually want to help my members and I do that by giving them a voice. Where as you want to silent that voice.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin
ihatedialysis.com
ihatedialysis.net
ihatedialysis.org

P.S. I just noticed your email address "dialysis@yellowstonegetaway.com" and the actual site http://www.yellowstonegetaway.com Is that your site? and your vacation rental property? if it is I guess your husband makes pretty good money off of sick negative people like us after all. Didn't you say "Some of these "high paid" docs don't get much as reimbursement for your care" But I guess your husband does! If I'm assuming to much as the saying goes, "When you ASSUME you make an ASS out of U and ME. But it's ok because you already are an ASS.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 12:11:18 AM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 10:48:49 PM »

Hi,
I cannot believe (hence my name) how many of you have bad experiences with dialysis. My husband (who also happens to be a physician) is a dialysis patient since 1991. He too, suffered from physical problems as a result of infrequent dialyis at a clinic over 40 miles away. He had to travel before dawn to get there, dialyze and return so he could get back to his very full time job.
After searching and not giving up, he now dialyses in the comfort of his own home, while working at his computer and continues to work full time and then some.
Oh, and he is a doc who spends time with his patients so I am sorry so many of you have docs who don't spend time with you. Some of these "high paid" docs don't get much as reimbursement for your care-however. Medicare is not a big spender and Medicaid even (much) less. Socialized medicine and all.
My husband is much better off doing his daily home treatments of 2-3 hours. (he doesn't miss a day believe me) His health is great and since he is a vegetarian and strict with his diet, he does great.
Perhaps you all need help in finding better solutions to dialysis. Life is what you make it and perhaps you need to take charge. Why settle for a less than adequate doctor if you don't think he or she is spending enough time with you. Get another one or tell that doc the way you feel! Improve your diet if you need to. God helps those who help themselves, etc.
We just took a trip to Mexico-dialysis and all! Stayed in a beautiful home and my husband took his supplies on the plane and enjoyed the trip including a 3 day business conference!
So all of you who "hate" and need to "vent"--why don't you just be grateful that because of dialysis--you are alive to tell about it. There's always a better way and my husband found it and keeps busy enjoying the freedoms he has and his liife WITH dialysis. God bless you one and all.
P.P.S. reply and perhaps we can help you find a better way!    dialysis@yellowstonegetaway.com

Just quoting you for prosperity in case you decide to edit your post.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

kevno

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 02:40:34 AM »

I cannot believe, cannot believe  :o

I see your Husband is "A Physician"  ???

Tell you the truth all as been said, I cannot be bothered. Just to say YOU have not seen the true side of dialysis. Yes we all have our up and downs. But we all help each other on this site. Which is more than some PHYSICIANS do >:(

I am happy for YOU, that your Husbands (The Physician) is doing OK.

I cannot believe your thoughts :o, but I feel, maybe because your husband is a Physician. Dialysis as been made a bit easier for you.

Maybe you need a reality check up :-\

Kevno
( sorry you have had a lot of stick, but you have come to the wrong place. to say what you did)

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Tracy Lynn

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 06:05:50 AM »

You are an idiot. If you had at least read the intro, you would know that we ARE grateful. But being grateful does not preclude being annoyed. Or in pain. Or angry.

Your self righteous, smarmy post was in no way meant to be helpful to others. It was meant to show your superiority. At which, by the way, it failed.

You are obviously one of those pathetic women who lives through her husband because she has no accomplishments of her own.

If, at this stage in your life, you do not realize that the saying "There but for the Grace of God go I" is true, then I hope you find out, soon, horribly , and with a vengeance. >:D

Filled with hate, like a bitter, raging Twinkie
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 06:42:41 AM »

Hi,
I cannot believe (hence my name) how many of you have bad experiences with dialysis. My husband (who also happens to be a physician) is a dialysis patient since 1991. He too, suffered from physical problems as a result of infrequent dialysis at a clinic over 40 miles away. He had to travel before dawn to get there, dialyzed and return so he could get back to his very full time job.
So all of you who "hate" and need to "vent"--why don't you just be grateful that because of dialysis--you are alive to tell about it. There's always a better way and my husband found it and keeps busy enjoying the freedoms he has and his life WITH dialysis. God bless you one and all.
>:( >:(I have been wandering around my house this morning after reading this condescending post, trying to cool off. I'm going to address several of your comments. First off, a physician that is receiving infrequent dialysis doesn't impress me much and shows how little he knew about his own condition.  ???  He only traveled 40 miles before dawn (no mention of his supportive wife going with him) to get there, dialyzed and go to his very full time job. 5 years ago we had to travel 75 miles (ONE WAY) to get dialysis because the clinic that was closer would not take my husband, they said he was too critically ill and they did want him to die on their watch. All of us on this board are glad your physician husband has a very full time job. My husband would give any number of body parts to be able to return to work (he gave 20 years to the United States military, so your sorry ass can say and do things freely). Also, for the record, we are home hemo patients, I'm the one that gets to stick my husband 3 times a week, watches him cramp, feel sick to his stomach, get headaches and crash for 3 to 4 hours. (I wonder where you are when you physician husband is doing he's dialysis).  :-\ Some of these "high paid" docs don't get much as reimbursement for your care-however. Socialized medicine and all.
. You really should do your homework before making your political statements. The lowest paid doctors in the United States make an average of $200.00 per hour, not bad considering the guy in Iraq is making $40.00 per hour. You don't mention what kind of vehicle you drive, but I'm willing to bet it isn't a pick-up truck. As for you physician husband doing better on his daily home dialysis, there are many members on this site that would love to do home hemo but it is not an option to them for many reasons. ??? Your physician husband's health is great since he is a vegetarian, and strict with his diet. You really have pissed me off  >:(, my husband, because of some sorry ass physicans that probably shouldn't even qualify to be a veterinary, spent 6 months in hospital, had 21 operations, was on a ventilator for 3 months, lost almost 50 pounds, and OH by the way, his kidneys, can no longer have any nuts, berries, seeds, corn, beans, salads, uncooked vegetables or any high fiber foods. Try it, you'll like it.
What the hell kind of comment is Perhaps you all need help in finding better solutions to dialysis. This shows just how stupid your are, there is only 3 solutions to kidney failure, DIALYSIS, TRANSPLANT or DEATH. We don't know where you live, and I for one could give a rats ass, but where we are, you can't just go and find another doctor because there aren't any and moving just isn't an option either. All the members of this site and their spouses would love to take a trip to Mexico and stay in a beautiful home but most of us cannot afford to do that and our wonderful doctor's would never approve, it would put dent in their cash register flow. You keep mentioning your physician husband found a better way to live, I assume you didn't have input, what, to busy looking at vacation homes, or getting your hair and nails done! P.S. Bring those nurses some flowers! >:( You have got to be kidding, the clinic where we go has some good nurses, but a couple of them I wouldn't give you a dime for, they treat patients like second class citizens and their comments about people just dying to get in the door make me sick, the only thing I'd like to give them is one bullet (and do the world a favor). As for your last of your comments, So all of you who "hate" and need to "vent"--why don't you just be grateful that because of dialysis--you are alive to tell about it. I will speak for myself here, I'm grateful for EPOMAN and this website to learn all I can about kidney failure and dialysis to make better, more educated decisions about my husbands health and his treatment. Being a full time caregiver, having this site to come to and read other people's stories and solutions has been a great comfort to me. We, that are involved with dialysis, either patient or caregiver, need this site to vent our frustrations and know that someone out there has, is, or will be going through the same and can give help, even if only by their words. I will end my rant here. I was looking forward to a warm, beautiful, sunny, non-dialysis day but it has started on a very sour note.

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 09:10:10 AM »

Hey guys I thought you might like to see the email that "cannot believe" sent me as her reply, she can't even come back and defend herself. So I guess she does own http://www.yellowstonegetaway.com Hell if I owned that and made that much in rental income, I would love life too. Enjoy:

<snip>
Do you guys help each other do anything but comiserate?  No wonder you have problems with physicians--some of you seem to hate them. Too bad. Maybe next time around you'll all have perfect bodies--and become physicians!
"Hate" is a very strong word. I don't wish to edit what I said so you can remove it if you desire..
My "physician" husband never complains and he's been through a lot. He nearly died twice due to complications but he doesn't "hate". He went to school for 12 years. He works hard. He has goals. What do any of you have? He doesn't have time to "hate". He is grateful. He said to me last night "I love dialysis".
Sounds like some of you prefer not to accept your lot in life. Too bad We all have rough days, weeks months, years.
Should we have "I hate single mom life" sites, "I hate teaching" life, "I hate paralysis" life?
Accept what you have, learn from it and learn to love life free...............

Remove me from your site. Thank you. I love dialysis. That means I can be with my husband no matter what.

</snip>

Did you read where she said: He said to me last night "I love dialysis".  ::)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
Current NxStage &amp; PureFlow User.

susie q

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 09:49:03 AM »

Having just come home from dialysis and feeling rotten... check my mail and find fecking crap like this???  Makes me sick...

I love dialysis... huh...   can you hear me screaming????     >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 10:07:59 AM »

Look, when you live with a demanding BITCH you had better be positive and work your ass off to keep her happy!  I would bet that if he would get rid of her, he would be more realistic.  The minute he can't support her every whim, she will dump like a hot rock.

The Physician that I sit by does not work anymore and his snooty wife doesn't like it.  You can tell that her dreams and lifestyle were severely disrupted. 

They say money can't buy happiness.  Bull-Shit.  They just tell poor people that so they don't riot!  (Line from Desparate Housewives)

Way to go TEAM.  I was the first one to reply and so I really didn't give it to her like I wanted.  I was trying to be a GOOD moderator but I LOVED what Epoman and the rest of you wrote. 

I am proud that no one used the "F" word because we have young readers too.  (But I know you were thinking it)  :) 

I love all of you!   ;D

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 10:15:13 AM »

OH, wait a minute.  I got a personal message:

The message they sent you was:

Doctors are those whose parents are doctors?  (That is from my signature line)Why do so many on this site seem to "hate" doctors, to "hate" dialysis? Isn't that biting the hand that feeds you? What do any of you actually "like" or "love", anything? Or are you all to busy "hating"?

****************************************************************************************
Listen Lady (term used loosely)

The reason MOST of us are here is because of misdiagnosis from the "Medical Community."  I was misdiagnosed 3 months with a ear infection and it was "Kidney Failure."  I pretty much lost my respect for doctors right then.  I basically need them because they can write prescriptions and I cannot.......legally.   You need to read "Black's" post to see why we don't trust Doctors. http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=385.0
I would write more but I need to go get a fistula-gram because it wasn't DONE right the first time. >:(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 10:27:01 AM by Rerun » Logged

ulrika

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 11:57:25 AM »

Right now I am so outraged I am speechless!
I'll post once I have cooled down.
The nerve of this woman.  >:(

kevno

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 01:32:54 PM »

First of all. I agree, I do know a couple of good Doctors.

If it was not for a Doctor.

It would have been found out early that I had reflux, it was to late when I was 6years old 34years ago. I would not be on this site. I would have been one of those well people. The kidney could have been saved if the doctor did not call my Mum a worrier and send her away >:( It took my Mum over 3years to get the doctors to send me for the tests >:(

When I had my transplant 13years old a doctor saying and I quote "OH, let him starve!"

I would have not been OD on morphine 3 times in ICU each time for over a week. >:(

Gone down for One operation and had a different operation than I signed for.

Had a Doctor looking at my X-rays saying he could do this and that to me.  Until I explained to him, he had the X-ray upside down.

Had a Doctor promise me I would never have to go back onto Haemo. Been back on Haemo for six years now.

Had a Doctor say. I would only have to wait a few month are a bit longer for a transplant. Been 18years waiting. >:(

A Doctor put the wrong staples put in my neck. took over two minutes to get each one out.

Plus about the hand that feeds you :o I know you have that the wrong way around!!!!!

If you want more examples of Doctors, My E-mail is in my profile.

IHateDialysis.com has helped me more than most Doctors have ever done.

I know Hate is a strong word, but if your husband "The Physician" likes Dialysis then all I can say is LUCKY HIM :o

I do not think anybody on this site Hates Doctors. We just wish that they were a bit more understanding. Plus in a lot less of a hurry, to get around the unit >:(

I do not know Why I have been so nice to you after what you have said about the patients on this site. I suppose I can not be bitchy like you >:(

I have seen so much, from the first child I saw die when I was 7years old, my girlfriend dying while having an transplant. To just a few weeks ago a long term renal patient dying, while his wife is pregnant.

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
fireguy

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 02:25:24 PM »

I don't get pissed often but lady you pissed me off. As for good Docs and bad, I have had both. Would not have an ostomy on my side and ESRD if it were not for a doctor misdiagnosing a bladder infection for stomach flue at 4 years old. A GOOD Doc figured out what was happening but it was months later and too late to save my bladder and Kidneys. Spend over a year in hospital and had to learn to walk again. I SURVIVED. Dialysis came later in life. Do I like it , HELL NO. Do I accept it, yes because I want to go on surviving and living. Yes I work 40-50 Hrs a week and volunteer at the Fire Hall, Training new recruits and I also make fire calls. I do this in spite of my dialysis, not because of it. The nurses call me stubborn, say they would like me to slow down but deep down they know this is not going to happen. Hell my triple by pass only slowed me down for about six months. I have people ask me how I do it all the time, others that tell me I shouldn't be doing those things. Its my life , and I will go down living life to the fullest.
fireguy

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 02:47:25 PM »

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                                                                                                             Martin Luther King, Jr

babi68

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 04:23:55 PM »

Do you guys help each other do anything but comiserate?  No wonder you have problems with physicians--some of you seem to hate them. Too bad. Maybe next time around you'll all have perfect bodies--and become physicians!
"Hate" is a very strong word. I don't wish to edit what I said so you can remove it if you desire..
My "physician" husband never complains and he's been through a lot. He nearly died twice due to complications but he doesn't "hate". He went to school for 12 years. He works hard. He has goals. What do any of you have? He doesn't have time to "hate". He is grateful. He said to me last night "I love dialysis".
Sounds like some of you prefer not to accept your lot in life. Too bad We all have rough days, weeks months, years.
Should we have "I hate single mom life" sites, "I hate teaching" life, "I hate paralysis" life?
Accept what you have, learn from it and learn to love life free...............

Remove me from your site. Thank you. I love dialysis. That means I can be with my husband no matter what.

</snip>
Did you read where she said: He said to me last night "I love dialysis".  ::)

Who does this stupid woman think she is. She sounds like a woman who has her nose shoved so far up her arse and seems to think we have no idea what we are on about. Well love, I would love to come back into this world in a perfect body, and with a bit of luck you will come back in mine :-*. I have a disabled son, deal with dialysis and a few other problems I really don't wish to tell you, and you know what I deal with them the best I can. I HATE dialysis and the only thing keeping me going is my family. I have had enough of all this crap, but hey what can I do about it. Oh and please do tell what a better solution to dialysis is.....and you know what, I am grateful I am alive. You say your husband loves dialysis... do you think we are stupid, oh yeh, we all love dialysis as we are cramping and going flat, you are full of s@3t...Liz ::)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 05:06:00 PM by Epoman » Logged
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 09:22:09 PM »

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!! (that's it. I can say no more tonight!)

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
geoffcamp

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 04:21:05 AM »

WOW!!!!  Did anyone read the post in "working while on Dialysis"?  It seems the doctor himself posted that one under the same name "cannot believe".  Anyway, I kinda wish we were not so hard on her/him I would have loved to see more posts from someone who has had a happy movie experience on dialysis.  Yes I don't agree with her post I think she is not really informed or aware of how dialysis REALLY effects her husband, he is sugar coating it for her that is for sure and her greater then thou attitude is appalling.  She also has no understanding of what this community is about, people sharing a common issue and venting on what is bothering us, what hurts us and the best part helping keep others informed of what to do and what to stay away from.  She definitely did not understand the fact that while we all appreciate dialysis we also hate what it does to our lives, bodies and minds like I said before she is not getting the whole story from her doctor husband (surprise there a doctor lies and sugar coats dialysis ;D).  Maybe we could have been better at explaining our true intentions of this site and found a doctor who we could have a dialogue with (whether he understood or not) about his and our true experiences with that would have been productive.  Just a thought. 
Geoff

Geoffrey Campbell
Diagnosed with ESRD at 26
Transplanted in 1999 rejected 2001
In center hemodialysis since late 2001 3X a week 4 hours late evening 3rd shift
Naggy6

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 10:42:49 AM »

:o I can't believe this woman, isn't it nice that she and her husband have such a rosy life Lucky them.

Why is it always some one who has never been on dialysis that thinks they know it all?

If she is so good why hasn't she given hubby a kidney?

They just went on a nice trip how special for them. I noticed there is no mention of any other responsabilities in their life.

I wonder if she would find life just a rosy if she were also taking care of 3 kids and elderly parents on top of every thing else.

I bet they never even see their families or help them in any way.

I say the same thing too bad she left because I'm sure there are lots of us here that would like to tell her a little bit more about life.

Isn't it nice to go where every body knows your name.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 11:02:18 AM »

:o I can't believe this woman, isn't it nice that she and her husband have such a rosy life Lucky them.

Why is it always some one who has never been on dialysis that thinks they know it all?

If she is so good why hasn't she given hubby a kidney?

They just went on a nice trip how special for them. I noticed there is no mention of any other responsabilities in their life.

I wonder if she would find life just a rosy if she were also taking care of 3 kids and elderly parents on top of every thing else.

I bet they never even see their families or help them in any way.

I say the same thing too bad she left because I'm sure there are lots of us here that would like to tell her a little bit more about life.

dialysis@yellowstonegetaway.com

karen.lor@gmail.com

Well if you would like to tell her anything else here are 2 of her email addresses.  ;D Also I did not delete or ban her account so she is free to come back at anytime. Email her tell her to come back.  >:D

- Epoman
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 11:04:49 AM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
Current NxStage &amp; PureFlow User.

Black
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 02:38:33 PM »

OH, wait a minute.  I got a personal message:

The message they sent you was:

Doctors are those whose parents are doctors?  (That is from my signature line)Why do so many on this site seem to "hate" doctors, to "hate" dialysis? Isn't that biting the hand that feeds you? What do any of you actually "like" or "love", anything? Or are you all to busy "hating"?

****************************************************************************************
Listen Lady (term used loosely)

The reason MOST of us are here is because of misdiagnosis from the "Medical Community."  I was misdiagnosed 3 months with a ear infection and it was "Kidney Failure."  I pretty much lost my respect for doctors right then.  I basically need them because they can write prescriptions and I cannot.......legally.   You need to read "Black's" post to see why we don't trust Doctors. http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=385.0
I would write more but I need to go get a fistula-gram because it wasn't DONE right the first time. >:(

Thanks for mentioning me, Rerun.  I hope she read the post.  Everyone who replied to her did a great job.  (God, I love you guys!!)  I was so angry as I read her post, I couldn't even think of what I would say.  I'm not on dialysis, and my husband is not yet on dialysis, but I damn well know that her Pollyanna attitude is either ignorance, or denial of what dialysis actually is for almost all dialysis patients.  If she really wants to know the truth, she ought to volunteer for a month or so at a local dialysis clinic, but I doubt she would have the guts to last more than a few days.

It appears her husband has done her sooooo wrong by insulating her from reality.  I can understand why a man, especially a Doc, would do that, but that makes it no less wrong.  I wonder if he protects her from reality in everything, or just the real deal w/ dialysis?  There is no good excuse for such ignorance in a Doc's wife.  I hope the guy is doing as well as they claim he is doing.  If anything happens to him, reality will slap her very hard.

Maybe they'll be back w/ apologies???  We could teach them both a lot they need to know, and despite the horrible first impression they might even have some info we could use.

Lorelle

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 07:13:41 AM »

I took me a very long time to even start to reply to such a message.  I had to take a while because I like to express myself in a decent and composed way.  It has been a long time since I have heard such a blatantly patronizing opinion expressed.
Anyway, you guys did the job for me in very clear and succint language.  I would like to think that the lady has read your replies, understood our position and understood something about herself as well.
We have a right to rant and vent.  And the thing is, that is not all we do.  Look how much help I have personally received from this site.  Because of this site, I was able to approach my first dialysis session without the fear and dread that was welling up in me.  I was given helpful advice that prepared me for dialysis and has been my helpful companion through the entire process.
HOW DARE SHE!!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 04:16:29 PM »

I am not on dialysis either and cannot comprehend 1/2 the s*^% most of you go through, someday I will but it doesn't take a genius to see through the Doctors wife. Wait until things get really bad for the Doc, then she'll be back here looking for sympathy or understanding. Then again maybe she'll be too busy spending his money.

An apology is in order but I doubt you all will get one.
Panda_9

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 06:31:02 AM »

I don't get pissed often but lady you pissed me off. As for good Docs and bad, I have had both. Would not have an ostomy on my side and ESRD if it were not for a doctor misdiagnosing a bladder infection for stomach flue at 4 years old. A GOOD Doc figured out what was happening but it was months later and too late to save my bladder and Kidneys. Spend over a year in hospital and had to learn to walk again. I SURVIVED. Dialysis came later in life. Do I like it , HELL NO. Do I accept it, yes because I want to go on surviving and living. Yes I work 40-50 Hrs a week and volunteer at the Fire Hall, Training new recruits and I also make fire calls. I do this in spite of my dialysis, not because of it. The nurses call me stubborn, say they would like me to slow down but deep down they know this is not going to happen. Hell my triple by pass only slowed me down for about six months. I have people ask me how I do it all the time, others that tell me I shouldn't be doing those things. Its my life , and I will go down living life to the fullest.

fireguy, if you are able to work that much while on dialysis then dont let anyone stop you!!!

As for the doctors wife lady, dont know what to say  :-\
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »