I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:20:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  power outages
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: power outages  (Read 1621 times)
Roxy

« on: September 02, 2007, 08:40:49 PM »

So far, we have had 3 power outages today in Burbank. What on earth did people do for fun when there was no electricity? Any ideas? I keep getting bored...I'm too addicted to the internet and movies! 
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 08:51:25 PM »

Nine months after the massive power outage that wiped out the East Coast a couple of years ago, the birth rate soared. . . .    ;D

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Roxy

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 08:59:44 PM »

:rofl;  :rofl;  :rofl; you know, if I didn't just have a transplant, I just might consider it.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 11:39:17 PM »

Keep your protable DVD player charged up!

mmmmdeedee

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 06:52:42 PM »

I am in so also so know about the heat and power outages. Funny thing though, when we were in Virginia, the power went out for a very long period of time. My (then) husband looked at me and said, "What do we do now?" Even funnier, we lit candles and read the paper and books. Not even a little bit of funny business!

1st on dialysis: 1986
1st transplant: 1990
1st failure: 05/06
CCPD
2nd transplant 07/24/07
MiSSis

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 07:33:01 PM »

We've also have a lot of power outages in our area recently (northwest Illinois border with Iowa) and luckily or not, these seem to happen most often at night.  Other than the problems associated with what to do about home PD dialysis, my biggest concern has been about the lack of air conditioning.  The last time it happened, we just took our pillows and our cat and went to the basement where we have an extra bedroom.  We ended up spending the night down there where it was cooler and I spent the next day (after the power was restored) making up for missed dialysis time.  We were more concerned about lost sleep than anything else.  :-\  Guess that's what happens when you become old married folks like us!

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows."  Helen Keller
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »