I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:17:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  So new,I squeak
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So new,I squeak  (Read 3859 times)
Tracy Lynn

« on: April 25, 2006, 07:01:45 AM »

I've never participated in a forum before, so I'm hoping I don't screw this up.

My name is Tracy Lynn and I live in Portland, ME. I was diagnosed with ESRD about two and a half years ago and have been on HD for about six months. I go four days a week, four hours each day.

I'm pretty good about being compliant, and my dialysis unit is way better than most; everyone there is very helpful and tries very hard to be accomodating. And I was doing pretty well, until they added the extra day on.

Now I feel like all I do all week is go to dialysis. The time I spend in the chair is killing my back and shoulders, because my access is right in my elbow, so my arm has to be straight out for the entire time.
I cramp up all over my body, and for some reason I am now having skin allergies to, well, pretty much everything.
I just got a job, working part-time. The extra dialysis is definitely putting a crimp in that as well.

I found this site through Stacy Without An E, and I'm grateful that there is a place where I can vent without someone telling me how lucky I am that I'm not dead. I know that, but I'm still aggravated, ok? ::)
Thanks.

Filled with hate, like a bitter, raging Twinkie
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 07:34:40 AM »

I've never participated in a forum before, so I'm hoping I don't screw this up.

My name is Tracy Lynn and I live in Portland, ME. I was diagnosed with ESRD about two and a half years ago and have been on HD for about six months. I go four days a week, four hours each day.

I'm pretty good about being compliant, and my dialysis unit is way better than most; everyone there is very helpful and tries very hard to be accomodating. And I was doing pretty well, until they added the extra day on.

Now I feel like all I do all week is go to dialysis. The time I spend in the chair is killing my back and shoulders, because my access is right in my elbow, so my arm has to be straight out for the entire time.
I cramp up all over my body, and for some reason I am now having skin allergies to, well, pretty much everything.
I just got a job, working part-time. The extra dialysis is definitely putting a crimp in that as well.

I found this site through Stacy Without An E, and I'm grateful that there is a place where I can vent without someone telling me how lucky I am that I'm not dead. I know that, but I'm still aggravated, ok? ::)
Thanks.

Welcome Tracy Lynn,

Well for never particpating in a forum before you're doing great, you got your avatar up, your signature line going.  ;) Looks like your all moved in.  ;D I'm so glad you found this site. You didn't mention your age, how old are you?

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Tracy Lynn

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 07:42:03 AM »

I'm 38. I'm going to write a post about the site on my blog tonight, and I'm going to give the link to some friends at the unit today. And now, I'm off to dialysis. Again. :P

Tracy Lynn

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 07:19:50 AM »

I just put up the post about the site on my blog. I'll put the link on later today.

I'm so grateful to have found you guys.
Thanks.

http://kaplyinc.blogspot.com If you want to go see.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 08:19:46 AM by Tracy Lynn » Logged

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 07:41:26 AM »

Hi, Tracy, welcome to this message board.  It has been one of the weapons in my fight with this condition.  Do take some time to read all the previous posts - there is much to help, encourage, warn, amuse, crack up and generally inform you.
I agree with Epoman that you are a pro already. Keep it up.  Keep posting and let us know what is going on with you.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 08:50:17 PM »

Tracy Lynn,
I love your Avitar.  Welcome to the site.  I had never joined a site either until this one.  It has saved me a lot of energy by being able to vent instead of just thinking bad thoughts!  Thanks for giving us a try.

Naggy6

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 05:27:10 PM »

Hey there Tracy Lynn  :) welcome aboard.

I've only been here a short time myself this is the first site I have ever joined also.

I don't get a lot of time right now to check in but I plan on having a little more time in the near future.

Also I'm a slow reader so it's taking me some time to read a lot of the earlier posts, but I'm catching up

Isn't it nice to go where every body knows your name.
Tracy Lynn

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 05:52:07 PM »

Thanks guys. I already love this place and have been telling EVERYONE at the unit and elsewhere about it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »