I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:31:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  The prodical returns
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The prodical returns  (Read 5768 times)
Lucinda

Life is great!

« on: September 03, 2007, 02:22:39 AM »

Hi everyone

Thank you so much to those of you who sent me messages.  My world is a tad upside down at the moment.  I have had a couple of deaths in the family, my stepdaughter got married on the weekend, I have two staff members here at the moment in my department rather than the usual 10 and I have just listed my house for auction and it is being sold on September 22 so all up it is a bit of a busy time.  BUUUTTTTT....good news is that I still might be able to come to Vegas.  I have my bloods done again on Thursday and if all if fine at this appointment then I will get the all clear to go.  Except for the usual tiredness, I feel OK at the moment.  I don't think I would dare get sick with everything that is going one!!!  Not helping the situation is my office is in the centre of where the APEC conference is going to be held so it is chaotic in the city at the moment. Bush arrives tomorrow night so they are practically locking down the city.  Anyhow guys, I am really sorry I haven't been around but thought it was better to stay away until some of the clouds made room for some sunlight and I didn't bore you all with doom and gloom.  I am sorry I haven't checked in sooner.

Lots of love, Cindy. 
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 04:59:34 AM »

Good to see you back in town Lucinda !

:clap;  :cuddle;

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 05:01:34 AM »

Could I have my shoe back... :lol;    :sarcasm;  glad you checked in, thanks for the update.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 07:32:31 AM »

Thank you Lucinda.. I was about to phone you to try and find out what was going on.

Well I'll say this for you.. your life is never dull?!?!!! but I'm confused.. why is your house being sold???? damnit I wanted to see it and everything :(((((((((

Take care and hope you get to go to Vegas though I will be so damn jealous!! :)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 09:09:05 AM »

Welcome back Lucinda!

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 11:26:09 AM »

So nice to hear from you Lu. Hang in there! I would love to see you in Vegas baby!! :2thumbsup;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 03:36:43 PM »

:clap;  Well its about time too!

You will never bore us with your "doom and gloom".  :P 

I am happy that you are going o.k and its just your hectic lifestyle keeping you from us   ;D

Look after yourself and I hope you make it to Vegas. Someone has to fly the   :ausflag;  for us.  :bandance;    :cuddle;
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 04:16:10 PM by Wattle » Logged

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 04:13:10 PM »

THERE YOU ARE..... I seen your other reply about Vegas before i seen this one,  We have all missed you so much and let me tell you how great it is to see your posts.  :clap;  Glad you are seeing some sunshine now girlfriend,  Love ya,  :cuddle;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 05:50:55 PM »

sorry to hear there has been more turmoil in your life than usual. but glad things are looking a bit more stable and you might make vegas after all. i'm really sorry that i will miss you. i can't imagine my ever making it to oz, although that's one place i would really like to go, have always wanted to. really glad you're back

-s

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 06:20:06 PM »

Welcome back!  :grouphug;

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 06:28:16 PM »

Welcome back Lucinda!
You've been missed and I've wondered how you were doing.
Sounds like you are super busy.
Hope you make it to Vegas.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 10:14:24 PM »

Welcome back Cindy I have been so worried about you,  Hope you make Vegas we need an Aussie there.. Take Care

Charee :cuddle;

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 11:36:21 PM »

Hey everyone....Thanks for the messages.  I'll try and be good so Sluff doesn't have to kick my butt again!!!!  It is black and blue....thank's buddy!!!  Well, I am trying to put off any tests now until after Vegas so NOONE can stop me coming.  I am starting to get excited now!!!!

Don't worry about me selling the house Richard.....I am getting an even better one!!  I am just negotiating on a house on the north shore that has an indoor pool in the middle of the lounge room and a sauna....which of course we are not supposed to use....but it will be a fun house and my pups will love it. It has a separate wing which I am going to turn into a dialysis clinic so all my friends on the site can come visit.   Problem is a whole heap of other people  want it so it is getting a bit close to the bone with the negotiations and it is really nervewrecking.

I am just not going to save it up for a rainy day anymore.  Now a storm is brewing I am going to put every last dollar into lifestyle and if I can share it with others who have the same ailment, I'll be a doing it.

Hope all the Vegas attendees are heading to Cupids for Sluff wedding on the 13th after dinner.  It will be a blast and I can't wait.  Lots of love to ya all.  Love, Cindy. xxxxx

keefer51

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 03:21:21 AM »

Good to hear from you Cindy. Although i can't make Vrgas i hope you have a great time.  :bandance;

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 04:31:11 AM »

Hey everyone....Thanks for the messages.  I'll try and be good so Sluff doesn't have to kick my butt again!!!!  It is black and blue....thank's buddy!!!  Well, I am trying to put off any tests now until after Vegas so NOONE can stop me coming.  I am starting to get excited now!!!!

Don't worry about me selling the house Richard.....I am getting an even better one!!  I am just negotiating on a house on the north shore that has an indoor pool in the middle of the lounge room and a sauna....which of course we are not supposed to use....but it will be a fun house and my pups will love it. It has a separate wing which I am going to turn into a dialysis clinic so all my friends on the site can come visit.   Problem is a whole heap of other people  want it so it is getting a bit close to the bone with the negotiations and it is really nervewrecking.

I am just not going to save it up for a rainy day anymore.  Now a storm is brewing I am going to put every last dollar into lifestyle and if I can share it with others who have the same ailment, I'll be a doing it.

Hope all the Vegas attendees are heading to Cupids for Sluff wedding on the 13th after dinner.  It will be a blast and I can't wait.  Lots of love to ya all.  Love, Cindy. xxxxx

Can't wait to meet you Cindy, I owe you a hug, but thats all you get for a thousand dollars,  you know with inflation and all.. :lol;
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 04:47:18 AM »

Sure glad to see you back, man, that house sounds like paradise, both for you AND the doggahs!!!   :waving; :waving;
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 09:11:32 AM »

oh... my.... god

(faint)

I think I love you Cindy!

oh crap.. already married :(

well I hope things work out with new house/old house (I want a swim NOW) and we can use saunas.. I use one all the time to sweat out fluid !!!! :D

I am so there!!!

xox

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 03:32:15 PM »

Hey Sluff....I'll take the hug.....better than the kick up the backside!!! 

If I buy the house I want, everyone is welcome to come stay with me if you want to come all the way downunder.  I meant it about the dialysis wing.  I am even going to look at purchasing a second dialysis machine so anyone who wants a holiday can come stay.  I am learning nocturnal so I will be able to hook you up but I just have to hope the house doesn't sell before my auction on the 22nd.  I could buy before I sell but that is really risky.  Hey Richard....sweetheart.....computerwiz.  If I tell you where my new house in on the web can you forward the link to everyone so they can have a look?  You get a really great idea from the photos. The same agent who is selling my house has the house I want to buy.  If you want to have a look you can go the long way about it.  Go to www.mcgrath.com.au and do a search of properties for sale for homes between $1.4 million and $1.6 million.  Both houses will come up.  The house I am selling is 2 Cherana Crescent Forestville and the house I want to buy is 14 Nicholson Avenue, St Ives.  Let me know what you think. xxxxxx
vandie

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »

Hey Sluff....I'll take the hug.....better than the kick up the backside!!! 

If I buy the house I want, everyone is welcome to come stay with me if you want to come all the way downunder.  I meant it about the dialysis wing.  I am even going to look at purchasing a second dialysis machine so anyone who wants a holiday can come stay.  I am learning nocturnal so I will be able to hook you up but I just have to hope the house doesn't sell before my auction on the 22nd.  I could buy before I sell but that is really risky.  Hey Richard....sweetheart.....computerwiz.  If I tell you where my new house in on the web can you forward the link to everyone so they can have a look?  You get a really great idea from the photos. The same agent who is selling my house has the house I want to buy.  If you want to have a look you can go the long way about it.  Go to www.mcgrath.com.au and do a search of properties for sale for homes between $1.4 million and $1.6 million.  Both houses will come up.  The house I am selling is 2 Cherana Crescent Forestville and the house I want to buy is 14 Nicholson Avenue, St Ives.  Let me know what you think. xxxxxx

Cindy, your house is gorgeous.  The new one on Nicholson is beautiful too.  I love that elevated fireplace.  And is that pool indoor?   How exciting!!

Life is the journey, not the destination.

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 04:42:58 PM »

Is there another way of finding it, i am not getting it :P  :banghead;  I'd love to see it  :2thumbsup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 04:43:55 PM »

I have been to Cindy's house and it is beautiful, the new one looks impressive with that pool inside Wow..

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 09:56:02 PM »

Hey Goofy

I'll get computerwiz (RichardMel) to send you a link.  I don't know how to do it.  Cheers, Cindy.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2007, 10:42:05 PM »

WOW!!

Here it is:  http://www.mcgrath.com.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=buying.details&listing=52615

I had just calmed down from last night's lust... but now.... :o

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2007, 11:58:25 PM »

OK now that I can string more than two words together :)

I love the look of the house! That pool looks fantastic.. and the sauna with the roof... oh wow... I need a serious fluid loss session in there I think... maybe go between the pool and the sauna... yeah!!!

mmm the 22nd is a dialysis day damnit or else I would want to fly up for the auction (or is it private sale??) how exciting???

Wishing you well with this endeavour Lucinda!!!

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 12:13:17 AM »

WOW!!

Here it is:  http://www.mcgrath.com.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=buying.details&listing=52615

I had just calmed down from last night's lust... but now.... :o

Oh Boy Cindy - get the guest room ready!!  :bandance;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »