I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:18:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Amanda got the call.. The day before my wedding
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amanda got the call.. The day before my wedding  (Read 77377 times)
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #425 on: January 23, 2008, 04:51:11 PM »

Very Nice Amanda! You are a doll! :clap;
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #426 on: January 26, 2008, 03:11:21 PM »

Hi Amanda - which one are you, the one on the right? You all look great. I am still looking lousy 7.5 months post-transplant, you make me jealous! But I'm still super happy for you. Hope I can look even half that good when I am matron of honour at my sister's wedding in August.
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #427 on: January 26, 2008, 09:47:43 PM »

Thanks for the nice comments.

Yes louise, im the one on the right. After a transplant i dont thnk any of us feel that great, but i think it helped that they lowered my drugs so fast.

Louise im sure you will look beautiufl at your sisters wedding. Thats somet.hing to look forward to!

This is what im on at the moment.

prednisone - 5 mg
cellcept - 750
ganciclovir - (spelling) 900mg
Pariet - 20mg

« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 09:56:41 PM by Amanda From OZ » Logged
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #428 on: January 27, 2008, 12:02:38 PM »

Wow, so few drugs, that's fantastic! Great news.

My prednisolone just got pushed from 9 mg back up to 15 last week, and the Cellcept reduced as I got sick with a virus, and they're looking into the why's and what for's.  >:( Prednisolone sucks.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #429 on: January 29, 2008, 11:55:59 AM »

Thanks for the nice comments.

Yes louise, im the one on the right. After a transplant i dont thnk any of us feel that great, but i think it helped that they lowered my drugs so fast.

Louise im sure you will look beautiufl at your sisters wedding. Thats somet.hing to look forward to!

This is what im on at the moment.

prednisone - 5 mg
cellcept - 750
ganciclovir - (spelling) 900mg
Pariet - 20mg

You like fantastic and I only wish I could of been on 5mg of prednisone for all the years I was on it, I would still have my face like you do!! :)

I have heard of the cellcept also, was on it my first transplant, but the other 2 I have never heard of, what are they?

I am on:

Prograf: 2.5mg/twice a day
Rapamune: 3mg/once a day

Those are my immunosupressives.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #430 on: January 29, 2008, 02:12:53 PM »

hey angela.  :)

Gancicglovir is for the cmv and

pariet is an anti acid, my stomach seems to burn all the time but i think it must be drug related...

Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #431 on: January 30, 2008, 01:47:18 AM »

It probably is drug related. My doctors put me on Somac as a preventative measure against stomach acid/ulcers, because they tell me the immuno suppressants can cause this.

And I think the CMV drug is Valgancyclovir (there is also one called just called Vancyclovir, I think, but I don't know what the difference is). I was on Valgancyclovir for some time as CMV was showing in my bloods, although I was asymptomatic.
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #432 on: January 30, 2008, 04:06:59 PM »

Yep, the burning is medication related. My first transplant, I had to take Maalox every time I took meds (ick!!), then with the last one and this one they switched to Prilosec, thank goodness. Though as I recall, last time the Prilosec didn't work and I had to change to Nexium.

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
poohkari

Wade and I.

« Reply #433 on: March 28, 2008, 12:47:48 AM »

amanda, youre gorgeous!!!

got any single friends??

Girlfriend of Wade, on dialysis since 5/11/07 and NxStage since 8/20/07. We're hoping for a transplant as soon as his "FGP" is gone!
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #434 on: March 28, 2008, 11:38:44 AM »

Hmm. Somehow I lost track of this thread a long time ago. Amanda, you look fantastic! I hope I look a quarter as good as you do after my transplant!   :cuddle;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #435 on: March 28, 2008, 06:19:26 PM »

I wished I looked a quarter good as that now!  :)

Damn medicines.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #436 on: March 31, 2008, 04:52:54 AM »

ahem (cough). I believe I have first dibs on any nice single female friends of Amanda's :D

For one I think I'm closer!!

;)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #437 on: April 27, 2008, 04:10:34 AM »

Hey Everyone,

This is a long overdue update… well where do I start. …. I’ve been online still to check up on everyone, but have mentally found it hard to be online here and posting. (For many reasons.). 

On a health front, I feel great (touch wood). I am physically at the best health I have been at in a long time. I am still going to the gym and training 5 days a week, and since about 2 months out of the transplant, I have been on a very strict diet, which mainly consist of fresh fruits and vegetables, and some good forms of protein and carbs.

My kidney function is setting around the 80’s (not to sure about the U.S conversion on that) and my other problem is still sound asleep and not causing any dramas.

Since my transplant everyone I know has commented on how different I am, to start off with I hate most things I use to like on dialysis in regards to foods and drinks. I now LOVE coffee and also veggies, which I hated before, and my general thinking has changed. I appreciate everything for what it is, and have learnt to appreciate life to the fullest, and just to deal with things one step at a time.

I hope all is well with everyone, and I am slowly catching up on reading once again.

I have attached the most recent photo which was taken at about 7 and half  months post transplant

Love to you all.

Amanda
 xxoo
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 10:28:07 AM by Amanda From OZ » Logged
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #438 on: April 27, 2008, 07:34:59 AM »

Beautiful picture, thanks for the update.  I trust you feel ok, but sorry for the felling you don't want to post.  It is encouraging to see someone who looks great post transplant.  Gives me hope for how it will be for me someday too.  Be well, continue with your diet, it sounds like the one my husband offers to pts at our office.  Everyone I know feels great on it.

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #439 on: April 27, 2008, 08:37:31 AM »

Amanda, lovely picture.   I, personally, miss your posts.  Your family has more experience with transplants and kidney disease than any family I have read about.   It is hard to come here and not read Susie's posts.  I told a member recently, that it would be easier to walk away from IHD than continue to lose people I learn to love.  It is hard to worry about so many when there is really nothing you can do to make a difference in their lives.    We all had so much fun reading about Rose's wedding and all the pre-events.  And then your transplant --what a wonderful week that was for your family.  We all love you here.  The men LOVE just looking at you! :rofl; (RichardMel, I am not naming names!)  and the women want to be you :2thumbsup;    We will be here, Amanda, whenever you do post.   In the meantime, enjoy life.  Keep looking forward and keep the positive attitude.  How are the plans for the America trip going?   So, I guess I am just telling you to enjoy living--we are all very happy that you are doing well and we love you :grouphug; :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #440 on: April 27, 2008, 09:31:21 AM »

Amanda, you look fantastic! We miss you!  :cuddle;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #441 on: April 27, 2008, 09:32:28 AM »

Continued good health Amanda.  Enjoy every minute and wring every last drop out of life.  Transplants rock.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
Psim

« Reply #442 on: April 27, 2008, 09:52:23 AM »

Yay Amanda! :bandance;
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #443 on: April 27, 2008, 01:58:16 PM »

Must be something in the water in Oz. My creatinine hangs out in the 80's too, I think that is also influenced by the decade of music I love too ! ;)

Love Ya

Keep on Keepin on ,

Tamara xxx ooo

:cuddle;  :grouphug;  :cuddle;  :grouphug; :waving;

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #444 on: April 27, 2008, 02:55:51 PM »

:waving; Hey Manda May,

I miss you in chat but not all the hours you sat on hemo typing with one hand. I am happy you're feeling good and busy living!  :bandance;

:clap; Love you sweet girl!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #445 on: April 27, 2008, 03:17:53 PM »

It was simply great hearing from you again after the silence.  But please know that we are still family and that will not change.  Post when you can and always let us know how you are doing.  Lots of love to you.  :grouphug;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #446 on: April 27, 2008, 04:26:07 PM »

I appreciate everything for what it is, and have learnt to appreciate life to the fullest, and just to deal with things one step at a time.

Hi Amanda

Glad to hear this. I generally feel this way most of the time too, even before my transplant - but more so after (I certainly stood on a few toes here by discussing it, so I'm glad to know I'm not the only one). I hope the issues that have kept you from posting are manageable and that you are all-round doing as well as you look and sound! Great to hear from you again.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #447 on: April 27, 2008, 06:33:52 PM »

Amanda,
  Darling girl, what we all want for you is to have a busy, happy life that leaves you little time to think about the strugles you've had with dialysis!  We miss talking to you, but we are thrilled for you that you are now "tether-free" from the machine.  Be happy and know that we love you!

:cuddle;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #448 on: April 27, 2008, 07:08:30 PM »

We miss you... but we understand and were here for you whenever you do post.  :grouphug;

Love ya..

Angela

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #449 on: May 01, 2008, 06:16:28 AM »

I need some of your water Tamara... but not much unfortunately.... my creat is 1053 :(

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »