I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 03:26:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Anymore Brits out there on Dialysis?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anymore Brits out there on Dialysis?  (Read 170801 times)
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2007, 02:24:54 PM »

Ken, I don't know how to do the quote thing.
My entourage will be accompanying me. An oridnary mini van to pick me up is fine (the vehicle of choice for soccer Moms).
Who is going to re-do my home? Kickstart has my decorator tied up.
I guess I'll meet with that guy from Mozambique. But he has to pay for his own dinner. My kids need lunch money this week so funds are tight.

Good Lord  ??? We can't have the future Prime Minister collected by a common MINI-VAN! No I won't hear of it. We will just have to commission  the stretch Limo.

Oh by the way here's a picture of your residence Madam. I am afraid it is in need of some renovation but all that will be taken care of after Lawence has finished at Lady Kickstart's house. http://www.castlewales.com/conwy.html
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:29:52 PM by Ken Shelmerdine » Logged

Ken
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2007, 02:33:18 PM »

Ken, have you thought about going to the Tower of London to get the royal jewels ready? You can't have all the new royalty showing up with no crowns or septors to give them!  Have one of the Beefeaters help you get them.     AlaisdairUK tried to get us somewhat back on topic, but apparently we are enjoying our new status too much!! :rofl;   I would be fine with one of the lovely black taxis to pick me up and would like to go straight to Harrod"s, please.   Thank you so very much!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2007, 02:36:06 PM »

Thank you Dear Ken for explaining but arent they similar to English Muffins?  Look like them and i eat mine pretty much the same way you described (but then again i do a bagel too) :P   

Susie English Muffins taste more like bread and have a different texture than than crumpets which have a kind of rubbery springy texture. and just taste different Yuk!!

Signing off till tomorrow, got to do my exit site dressing and get to bed.

Ken
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2007, 05:07:54 PM »

:beer1;
The castle will have to do. I may be cramped.
Where is the nearest pub?
I didn't see a Wal-Mart anywhere.
I will now be known as "Prime Minister Crumpet".

Seriously the photos are beautiful. You live in a beautiful country. Hope to see it someday.
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2007, 05:21:28 PM »

can i just have tea? but don't forget the clotted cream

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2007, 07:58:06 PM »

Castles are so drafty and cost a fortune to heat.  Don't you have anything closer in to town?  I hear that sprawling city London is causing quite a stir. You know with the indoor plumbing and all of that.

I would like afternoon high tea served as soon as we arrive at our lodgings.  Thanks. :rofl;
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 05:44:44 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2007, 03:12:05 AM »

:beer1;
I will now be known as "Prime Minister Crumpet".

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Ken
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2007, 03:23:37 AM »

Ken, have you thought about going to the Tower of London to get the royal jewels ready? You can't have all the new royalty showing up with no crowns or septors to give them!  Have one of the Beefeaters help you get them.     AlaisdairUK tried to get us somewhat back on topic, but apparently we are enjoying our new status too much!! :rofl;   I would be fine with one of the lovely black taxis to pick me up and would like to go straight to Harrod"s, please.   Thank you so very much!

WHAAAAAT.!!! WT ROYAL F!!!!! :o Some people are never satisfied! :banghead; I can do the black taxi and Harrods, but seriously do you want to get me arrested banged up in the Tower, tried at the Old Bailey and publicly hanged drawn and quartered in Leicester Square?

However, since it is you Lady Paris and you are very well liked at the court of Kenneth no risk is too great to win the favour of your ladyship therefore I shall have my man commence digging the tunnel at once. :bow;
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:46:30 AM by Ken Shelmerdine » Logged

Ken
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2007, 05:19:05 AM »

Hi Ken, I have been a little absent lately, just busy at work. I still have the odd post.

Cricket is my main sport, but I do follow football. I support Arsenal because one of my friends growing up was a Spurs fan. It was lots of fun to rag him about being a Spurs fan and me an Arsenal fan.

I'm looking forward to the Rugby World Cup next month and I even have a weekend trip to France to watch a game.

Hi Alasdair good to hear from you again. Having a friend who supports 'the enemy' is good fun unless you've aways been on the receiving end as I have being a Man City fan. So now it's nice to saver the moment now that we've made a decent start to the season. I'll enjoy it while it lasts! Arsenal of course ended City's unbeaten run last week.

I don't follow Rugby very much but I do like to watch it whenever it's on TV. A friend of mine watches Sale Sharks and is always saying what a great atmosphere it is at rugby matches. He says that there's no segregation of opposing supporters because there's never any trouble and you can even take alchohol onto the terraces unlike football where you risk your life from yobbo fans. I think this season I might just take him up on his offer and get down to some games. Lets hope we do well in the world cup, enjoy your trip to France.

Ken
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2007, 05:30:01 AM »

Castles are so drafty and cost a fortune to heat.  Don't you have anyhting closer in to town?  I hear that sprawling city London is causing quite a stir. You know with the indoor plumbing and all of that.

I would like afternoon high tea served as soon as we arrive at our lodgings.  Thanks. :rofl;

Lady Kitkatz,
How about this then http://phototravels.net/wales/N0013/wales-conwy-03.html

Actually the castle and the house are in the same area of wales where I have a holiday caravan/mobile home not far from the castle and I'll be spending a week there starting Sunday 2nd. As I'm passing the castle I'll make sure everything is well prepared for Prime Minister Lady Crumpet's Arrival and that tea and crumpets be served immediately if not sooner.

Don't have a laptop so I'll continue this when I get back. Do you think we can squeeze any more out of it or shall we start talking about more serious things? Who know's maybe we can get even sillier. ;D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:49:44 AM by Ken Shelmerdine » Logged

Ken
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2007, 06:39:59 AM »

Talk about serious stuff???  Really???   Have a wonderful holiday-we shall miss your posts!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2007, 06:53:39 AM »

Talk about serious stuff???  Really???   Have a wonderful holiday-we shall miss your posts!

Did I mention serious stuff! Just kidding. See you all in a weeks time and then we'll continue with the nonesense.

Actually there's nothing to stop it going on while I'm away in fact I am appointing Countess Goofinina as my Princess Regent to the court of Kenneth to act as bestower of titles in my absence. She doesn't know this yet but she will when she reads this. :rofl;  ;D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 06:56:44 AM by Ken Shelmerdine » Logged

Ken
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2007, 08:38:32 PM »

I shall ask Goofynina for the title of Lady Kitkatz while Ken is gone!
High tea will be at three at my house on Saturday, if you can find it and me.  Hehehehe!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2007, 08:26:59 PM »

Ask for a castle too. I got one.  :2thumbsup;
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2007, 08:37:31 PM »

High tea will be at three at my house on Saturday, if you can find it and me.  Hehehehe!

HEAR YE!! HEAR YE!!  Countess Susie cannot and will not be disturbed for she is sitting on her Royal Throne  :secret; (and her feet fell asleep) lol  :urcrazy;  Please come back again soon  :bow;
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 08:40:56 PM by goofynina » Logged

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2007, 06:03:28 AM »

HEAR YE!! HEAR YE!!  Countess Susie cannot and will not be disturbed for she is sitting on her Royal Throne  :secret; (and her feet fell asleep) lol  :urcrazy;  Please come back again soon  :bow;

You guys are killing me! :rofl;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2007, 05:23:14 PM »

Princess Susie had better get off her royal duff and get busy giving out titles and tea and crumpets!

lifenotonthelist.com

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2007, 06:25:49 PM »

Ken, a lady Beefeater at the Tower of London??   I think it should have been me, but the outfit isn't very flattering.  You go on holiday and look what they did while you were gone! Did they ask you first if this was acceptable?  I will say she looked very pleased with the promotion.  Maybe she can help you get the Crown jewels!  Hope you had a wonderful holiday. You were missed.

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2007, 06:36:40 PM »

Ken, a lady Beefeater at the Tower of London??   I think it should have been me, but the outfit isn't very flattering.  You go on holiday and look what they did while you were gone! Did they ask you first if this was acceptable?  I will say she looked very pleased with the promotion.  Maybe she can help you get the Crown jewels!  Hope you had a wonderful holiday. You were missed.

Countess Goofynina will get the jewels alright!    ;D :lol;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2007, 06:47:21 PM »

i don't need a title, i just want tea. tea, scones, clotted cream and raspberry jam.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2007, 06:52:14 PM »

I miss Ken. How can he go on a holiday and leave his "ladies in waiting" all alone.  :bandance;
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2007, 07:07:10 PM »

Karol---not those "royal jewels" !!!!! :rofl; :rofl;

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2007, 08:38:30 PM »

Princess Susie had better get off her royal duff and get busy giving out titles and tea and crumpets!

Princess?? Princess?? I beg your pardon, i forth noteth beith a mere princess you pheasant  :oops; you peasant, i believe his royal highness Ken throned me as Countess Susie (and you best be bowing when you read this or else)  :boxing;  :P  :bow;  :bow; :bow;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2007, 03:12:36 PM »

Ken, aren't you home yet?   Your royal court is waiting to hear from you!

Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2007, 08:43:53 PM »

Grammalady, All I could find is a carton of expired milk and some stale Oreos. :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »