I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 05:30:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Anymore Brits out there on Dialysis?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anymore Brits out there on Dialysis?  (Read 170892 times)
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #950 on: January 04, 2009, 02:01:49 PM »

Yes, please do the honorable thing. We would be forever grateful.  :)

monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #951 on: January 04, 2009, 03:34:50 PM »

Titles Bestowed thus far by Sir Kenneth:

Sir Stauffenberg of Hammersmith
Countess Bajanne
Dame Paris of near Victoria Station
Damn Dame Goofynina, Princess Regent to the Court of Kenneth
Princess Angela The Confused
Duchess Kitkatz, Emress of Chocolate Bars
Lady Meinuk of St. Michael
Viscount Sluff, Lord Mayor of London  (also known as Court Jester OR Viscount Sluff and His Mighty Weapon)
Romona, Royal Seamstress to the Court
Count Hawkeye The Monocled One
Sir Joe (Paul)
Lady AlohaBeth
Countess Rose
Baroness Monrein of Barrenboimbingbongbangerland
Sir Kevno of Kevnottingham Hall
Countess Carla of Chester

(please add your title to the list if I have mistakenly omitted you)

I priethee Sir Kenneth, to bestow a title of suitably high rank upon Mistress Okarol, she is most worthy and also quite useful in matters technical pertaining to this site.  You may choose the altruistic title-bestowing route or the purely selfish one.  It matters not a whit, your motives, but bestow you must or risk the wrath of we, the lovelies of the realm, the comely, the luscious, the clever and the devious.  We come in all disguises but remain united in our insistence that you recognize and call to arise our noble sister Okarol.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #952 on: January 04, 2009, 05:43:16 PM »

Sir Ken is not in top form right now, so we will give him some time to bestow the title.  We love you and will try to be good, loyal subjects until you feel up to our antics.    :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #953 on: January 04, 2009, 06:00:14 PM »

how did i get missed? i seem to remember he (or at least someone) promised me raspberry jam with my tea.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #954 on: January 04, 2009, 06:48:41 PM »

I will bestow you with Raspberry jam together with tea if you hold back the purple brigade from making the mistake of fighting. They can not win for we also have hidden weaponry and help from above and powers to cast spells and other weird stuff. We have read the entire volumes of Harry Potter books.
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #955 on: January 04, 2009, 06:55:21 PM »

have you lost it sir sluf, the purple brigade can't loose, we have feathers, and the ladies and i will have tea and jam when this is over, sir ken will soon feel better and come to his senses. besides that would be letting down Damn Dame Goofynina and we can't have that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

s
......................................................................................

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #956 on: January 04, 2009, 07:00:14 PM »

Fear not Sir ken I will single handily put a stop to this silly revolt of imaginary proportions.
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #957 on: January 04, 2009, 07:02:53 PM »

me thinks you've really lost it  :rofl;

s

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #958 on: January 04, 2009, 08:18:32 PM »

Who stopped the revolt? Come on ladies we can take the Viscount all by ourselves with one hand tied behind our backs!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #959 on: January 04, 2009, 08:42:04 PM »

And I will enjoy every minute of it... :rofl;
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #960 on: January 04, 2009, 10:44:06 PM »

Sir Ken I pray you grant Okarol a title as befits her status ( :secret; and I'll ask Rita to make you some raspberry scones).  Never mind pens and weapons (ha!) the raspberry scone is mightier than them all.

Countess Rose
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #961 on: January 05, 2009, 02:43:38 PM »

i don't need a title, i just want tea. tea, scones, clotted cream and raspberry jam.

i can't believe i ever said i didn't need a title!!! but what the hey, as long as i get to put my feet up when i has me tea, and someone comes through with the raspberry jam, maybe wenchie and i could work in the kitchen. of course you realize it will be tea time all day long.

s

thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #962 on: January 05, 2009, 02:48:39 PM »

i don't need a title, i just want tea. tea, scones, clotted cream and raspberry jam.

Coming up!

see, sir ken did promise........i'm still waiting.....

s

monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #963 on: January 05, 2009, 02:52:18 PM »

A lady's prerogative is the option to change her mind (waste her mind nay, change it yeah) and as such, it is never too late to respectfully request a title.  The Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia serves a most delectable cream tea so you would make a very nice Empress of the High Teas, in my most humble of humble opinions.  Nothing to be lost by asking and so much scrumptiousness to be gained...which in itself could lead to the gaining of some pounds of corpulent flesh but there's always a price to be paid.

(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #964 on: January 05, 2009, 02:56:10 PM »

A lady's prerogative is the option to change her mind (waste her mind nay, change it yeah) and as such, it is never too late to respectfully request a title.  The Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia serves a most delectable cream tea so you would make a very nice Empress of the High Teas, in my most humble of humble opinions.  Nothing to be lost by asking and so much scrumptiousness to be gained...which in itself could lead to the gaining of some pounds of corpulent flesh but there's always a price to be paid.

i've been to the empress hotel, yummm. and oh, yes, please, empress of high teas, that would be wonderful.

s

Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #965 on: January 08, 2009, 10:24:07 AM »

Ladies Ladies please accept my apologies for my absence at court for as you may know one has been indisposed of late but now the apothecary has discharged me from the house of sickness and I stand here again for my loyal (and treacherous subjects)

Forgive me Okarol for having taken so long to bestow a title on such a noble lady. Okarol, I am but a fool, but darling I.........Ahem
ARISE DUCHESS OKAROL  LADY OF THE  ROYAL GARTER AND KNICKER ELASTIC.
Also Monrien's suggestion is granted.

ARISE EMPRESS GRAMMALADY OF THE HIGH TEAS.

I am most hopefull that for the future I will remain in robust health but if I should become again indisposed I entrust my loyal servant Viscount Sluff (whom many of you disrespectfully call Sluffbunny) to be my Prince Regent in my absence to rule with his mighty weapon and bestow titles on my behalf.

Ken
Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #966 on: January 08, 2009, 10:41:27 AM »

... maybe wenchie and i could work in the kitchen. of course you realize it will be tea time all day long.

HUH?  Me....in the kitchen?  LOL!  Tend bar maybe!  You folks are too funny!

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #967 on: January 08, 2009, 12:48:42 PM »

bless you sir

s

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #968 on: January 08, 2009, 01:39:50 PM »

Forgive me Okarol for having taken so long to bestow a title on such a noble lady. Okarol, I am but a fool, but darling I.........Ahem
ARISE DUCHESS OKAROL LADY OF THE ROYAL GARTER AND KNICKER ELASTIC.
Also Monrien's suggestion is granted.

Is that underwear?

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #969 on: January 08, 2009, 01:50:36 PM »

the Princess of Panties????

:rofl; :rofl;

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #970 on: January 08, 2009, 02:06:58 PM »

The title of "Baron of Brassires" is still up for grabs. :bandance;
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #971 on: January 08, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »

A most noble yet playful title Lady Okarol.  Being named a lady of the Order of the Garter is indeed a major coup although the Knicker elastic sounds suspiciously to mine ears like a girdle (not gerbil, girdle).

The Order of the Garter, Its History and Ceremony

The Most Noble Order of the Garter is one of the oldest and most important of all such Orders throughout the world, with the concept of like minded brotherhood dedicated to service and chivalry, these core principals having survived intact and are as relevant today as at its conception over 650 years ago. With almost a thousand appointments of royalty, soldiers, statesmen, favourites, magnates, and a few traitors having been made since 1348.

It was during the 11th and 12th centuries within the warrior-classes the idea of the medieval notion of chivalry and knighthood first developed. The Crusades in the Middle East had released these men from the previous constraints of feudalism. They could now express their new-found identity by the creation of religious and military orders of chivalry. The earliest orders of knighthood were amongst groups of like-minded men who being drawn from a particular social class were therefore bound together in a common purpose.

It requires all members to assemble at Windsor on the eve of the feast day. The Knights and Ladies put on the mantle of the Order and the Greater George and go to St George's Chapel for a service of thanksgiving. They then sup at the Dean's House. On St George's Day, the members attend a lunch in the Waterloo Chamber

Then all go in procession to the Chapel for service wearing the full robes of the Order, including black velvet hats with white plumes, and any new members are installed. On the day after, the mantle only is worn. The Garter itself is worn throughout. The Greater George must be worn on all official holidays, on Ascension Day, at the funeral of a member of the Order, and when a member of the Order is created a Peer.

Although the original medieval membership of the order consisted of the British sovereign and the prince of Wales, each with 12 companions, as if at a tournament. Membership was expanded in the late 18th and early 19th centuries to include supernumeraries such as members of the royal family (known as "royal knights companions"), lineal descendants of George I and George II, and foreigners (known as "extra knights"). The British sovereign and prince of Wales are always members of the order. Originally, existing knights elected new knights, but now appointment to the order is solely at the discretion of the British monarch. Women have been made ladies of the order, but they are not ranked among the 25 knights companions.

The foundation of the Order of the Garter by King Edward III in the early fourteenth century, brought together in close companionship the Sovereign and twenty-five of the most outstanding military leaders of the country at that time as a means of marking and securing alliances; it also established a new fellowship in religious worship ' to the honour of Almighty God, the glorious Virgin Saint Mary and Saint George the Martyr'.

Since foreign monarchs have been appointed to the Order from the fifteen century, one of the earliest such appointments was the Duke of Urbino by Edward IV in 1474. Such appointments were and are occasionally made to non-Christian rulers ( for example, the Shah of Persia in 1902 ), which prompted some debate over the possibility of removing Christian imagery ( the cross of St George ) from the Order when it is given to non-Christian recipients; in the end however the design remained unchanged.

(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #972 on: January 08, 2009, 02:46:20 PM »

Ladies we can now sand down from the build up to war time activities we have been participating in.   :sir ken; Sir Ken has graciously awarded titles to the two very deserving ladies. Thank you Sir Ken  :sir ken; .

Let the mud wrestling begin, or was it pike bearing?  Hmmmm I do not remember!

Orders for Sir Ken:  You are to stay out of the apothecary from now on and get well. The hospital does not bode well for you!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #973 on: January 08, 2009, 03:11:12 PM »

Now maybe the Ladies will show me the respect I am entitled.  Fighting should be against the rules, I think we should inhale the green leafy substance and eat the delicious chocolate brownies that kitkatz has made, why can't we all just get along.  :)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #974 on: January 08, 2009, 03:15:12 PM »

From the ladies to the Viscount:    :sir ken; :sir ken; :Kit n Stik;

lifenotonthelist.com

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »