I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:19:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Anyone else just freakin' tired all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else just freakin' tired all the time?  (Read 44390 times)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2008, 10:03:01 AM »

:cuddle;  :cuddle;  Awww Wattle, I am sorry you're feeling bad. It must be tough, wanting to do stuff with you kids and being so tired.
Hang in there my friend. Rest when you can and try to use the energy you have for good times. Love you  :-*

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
st789

« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2008, 10:21:42 AM »

Even after kidney transplant, I feel better in term of energy but still some days....
Probably bc my scar liver is the reason.
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »

I feel guilty about being tired all the time and everyone thinks because I go to dialysis I should be full of energy.
Now that I stay home, everyone thinks I should have plenty of energy.
It doesn't work that way. :rant;
devon

« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2008, 02:01:40 PM »

I am right there with ya Twirl and the rest of you!

And about the kids going to school at these ungodly hours! There's no sense in it.  You're right, they are not awake until 10 or 11 am. Asking them to perform at 7:30 is abuse.   I home school my kid and that's one of the reasons.

-Devon

paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2008, 06:52:29 PM »

I feel for ya too! Just because I don't look sick and I'm not at the point of needing dialysis yet, people don't believe me when I say I'm tired all the time. It's annoying! My kidneys are only functioning at 20%, I still have some toxins building up. just because you can't see them, doesn't mean I feel spectaculor like you! I sleep about 12-14 hours a day! I hate it!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Jill D.

« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2008, 07:00:56 PM »

Even after my transplant, I still have days when I am fatigued. My new kidney just can't put out enough hormones to get my body to produce enough red blood cells, so I get a shot of Aranesp once a month to bring my hemoglobin up. Of course, the fact that I am getting over a virus doesn't help...then of course there's the pms...!

Diagnosed with FSGS in1990.
Started hemodialysis in April 2006.
Received a new kidney from my sister on Dec. 5, 2006.
Transplant rejection in March, 2009
Approved for second transplant in May 2009
Sister-in-law approved as donor in Dec 2009
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2008, 03:12:27 PM »

When I have my labs done this Monday (tmr) I am going to be calling the doctor that day for the results because I am tired ALL the time. I do have a cold and the flu right now so that's making me more tired, but even well I still can sleep all day long. I don't know if it's because I cannot go anywhere andd am stuck in this house 24/7 or if it's my Anemia. I need to find out because at this rate, I don't see myself being able to work.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2008, 03:56:24 PM »

Yes, I get tired easily. My nephrologist tells me that with my kidneys only fucntioning at 20% I should always remind myself I have about 20% of the energy of a normal person.
I keep telling myself that and try to limit myself accordingly, but sometimes it's so hard.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2008, 05:33:15 PM »

I miss being able to shop the mall all the way through.  Today I got halfway through it and the body just said quit.  I sat down and read my book and waited for my friend to finish her shopping. I have only been halfway through our small mall every time I have been there the past year. "Sigh"

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2008, 05:36:25 PM »

I miss being able to shop the mall all the way through.  Today I got halfway through it and the body just said quit.  I sat down and read my book and waited for my friend to finish her shopping. I have only been halfway through our small mall every time I have been there the past year. "Sigh"

next time try starting at the other end. you'll eventually meet yourself in the middle.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2008, 06:13:01 PM »

We went to a water park and I climbed so many freakin stairs!  We went back again this morning and I was so wided.  I only did one slide and stopped.  Oh well, I had fun yesterday!  But it wore my *** out!!!!! :sir ken;

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
NolaGail

« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2008, 01:29:14 PM »

My family doesn't understand when I either sit on the couch or go lie down in the bed even when it is daylight.  I tell them I am tired and the responsee is "from what?"!!!!!  I count my blessings that I am still predialysis, but I only have 11-13% function.  Sometimes I want to say, "No, I am not really tired, just really really lazy!"  :banghead;  Sometimes I wish they knew how I felt, but then I don't really want them to have to live with this like I do.  Boy, do I sound pitiful. 

I should not complain because last summer a kidney infection sidelined me before it was diagnosed.  My creatinine was almost 7, and I walked around for several months either with a cane or on a walker.  I actualy broke down to go check on disability, but then I learned that I would have to be out of work for at least six months. Like I can afford that.  My creatine went back down to below 4, so I stop my complaining now.   :thx; for letting me gripe for a moment!

NolaGail

In His no-slip grip!

Living donor has one more test to go (4-14-2008).  Her left kidney could be mine in a few months.  No surgery date yet.
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2008, 02:01:15 PM »

I steam cleaned part of my carpeting Saturday morning and I spent the afternoon on the couch to recover. I really, really want a bookcase because I haven't been able to unpack my books since I moved in last October, so I managed to drag myself out to buy one late in the day. I didn't leave the couch until late yesterday afternoon again. I think that morning with the steam cleaner wiped me out for the whole weekend. The bookcase is still in the garage, waiting for me to sand, stain, and assemble it. Maybe next weekend.

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2008, 02:23:26 PM »

We had a fun weekend with the kids and on Saturday I ran all over the water park with the kids.  I like to play with them and act like I am  :sluff;free from kidney disease.  Then Sunday we went back, and
I walked up the 5 flights of stairs again and realized there was no way I could keep up a second day.  When we got home, I did dialysis and went to bed.  Again today, I took a nap during dialysis. 

11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2008, 02:29:55 PM »

My post posted before I was done - hard to type one handed while we have dialysis!!!.... Again today, I took a nap during dialysis.  My husband does not seem to understand...  he can't understand why I sometimes feel great and other so tired.  I too feel lazy.  Or I say I don't feel well like I am ill.  But I am not ill, just tired!!!  Sick and tired of being tired.

11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »

Amen, girls. I drove to Indy to see my sister and my son, we went shopping, at Marshalls and at a bookstore, and I was pooped out, and had to drive back to my house. OH man. Sunday was nothing but a day of rest. I got up to clean out the potty box for the kittahs and made some mashed taters, and that was about it.

Most of my family understand it. I just hate having to miss things, because I can only do ONE event
a day, not two or more, as I used to.
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »

I'm not tired all the time but I do tire easily. I went thru a 6 week stretch where I was doing both dialysis and radiation treatments. The combination really wiped me out and I'm still struggling to recover my strength and stamina.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
Psim

« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2008, 10:54:36 PM »

Oh I hear you! My GFR went up and bit in December and I had a good few months, but for the past week I've been back in zombieland. This afternoon I looked after my five year old pal while her mom went to town. She's a great kid and we always have lots of fun, but after she left I just dropped in my tracks. My hat is off to all you parents.  :bow; :bow; How does anyone manage to be a full time mom or dad with kidney disease?
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2008, 03:02:07 PM »

As for being a full time Mom with kidney disease: My daughter was nine and my son eleven when I first contracted kidney disease. Thank God they weren't any younger, but even that was hard work. I had to ask many friends and family to pitch-in to get me through it. I think my kids are better people because of it. They are very tolerant.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2008, 03:15:13 PM »

today I feel horrible
I wanted and planned to do a list of chores, some of them I enjoy doing
but no,

I have been in bed almost all day asleep and feeling worthless
I made school lunches for tomorrow and packed a snack for dialysis
I made a roast, gravy, rice and cut fresh carrots to have with ranch dressing

one time my husband said, "I never let sickness get me down." and my son replied, "but dad you have two working kidneys"

I feel like I was mooned :sir ken;, hit in the head :Kit n Stik; and was :puke; on. I think I'll try eating a  :bandance;
stauffenberg
Elite Member

« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2008, 03:54:36 PM »

In British English 'knacker' refers to what a butcher does to a cow before it appears in the grocery store.  So when a person says he feels 'knackered,' he means that he feels as though he has been processed by a butcher -- i.e., he feels completely taken apart.

The causes for exhaustion are three-fold.  First, neurological damage due to the accumulation of toxins the kidneys should remove can prevent patients from sleeping normally, so lack of sleep at night causes daytime tiredness.

Second, while normal kidneys remove just the right amount of fluid from the body at all times, dialysis does this only clumsily, and patients with insufficient fluid levels will feel exhausted.

Finally, almost all renal patients suffer severe anemia all the time, and this makes people more tired than anything else.  The great tragedy of modern nephrology is that EPO cannot be given safely in the amounts required to bring patients up out of anemia (i.e., to a level of 140 for men and 120 for women), so the anemia of dialysis patients is incurable.
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2008, 03:58:04 PM »

I am not tired or lazy

I am Knackered :clap;

love the word and  :waving;

spell check does not know the word :rofl; :rofl;
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2008, 04:03:11 PM »

As for being a parent, my kids were 5, 7 and 11 when I was diagnosed.  My oldest daughter really matured that year.  She is truly amazing.  I love her so much.  I would not have made it through without her watching the kids and helping out.  I was diagnosed the very week we opened our own clinic, so my husband had to work round the clock to keep us above ground as I couldn't work anymore at the time.  My oldest is still very mature and at 15 she is all that I could have ever wanted and more in a daughter.  OK... can't type ... too many tears.  Sorry, I went to a funeral today of a young friend that died of cancer and am really feeling mushy. 

11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
mikey07840
Elite Member

Her royal highness Queen Ruth on her throne, RIP

« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2008, 10:06:55 PM »

I am tired after hemo and the day after hemo. Then the second day I feel ok and then its time for more hemo.
 :Kit n Stik;

06/85 Diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes
10/04 Radical Nephrectomy (Kidney Cancer or renal cell carcinoma)
02/08 Started Hemodialysis
04/08 Started Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
05/08 Started CCPD (my cycler: The little box of alarms)
07/09 AV Fistula and Permacath added, PD catheter removed. PD discontinued and Hemodialysis resumed
08/09 AV Fistula redone higher up on arm, first one did not work
07/11 Mass found on remaining kidney
08/11 Radical Nephrectomy, confirmed that mass was renal cell carcinoma
12/12 Whipple, mass on pancreas confirmed as renal cell carcinoma

• Don't Knock on Death's door; Ring the bell and run away. Death hates that.

• I'm not a complete Idiot -- some parts are missing.
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2008, 04:37:30 AM »

I have been in stage 5 twice since my son was born. Just before his third birthday I was told to start getting potential donors ready; then again when he was 7-9. When he was younger, of course he had no idea what was going on - I was doing hemo very early in the morning, then going to work from there, so his routine didn't change much.  Plus I was still married to his dad, my mother-in-law was living with us, and we had lots of friends in and out of the house who helped out when they could.

I started showing symptoms again in probably January 2006 this time around and wound up on dialysis in October of that year, and he and I were living on our own at the time. My parents were close by, and my now-husband came over every couple of days, so I had some help, but I still thank goodness I had such a small place to take care of. Even being as tired and worn out as I always was and getting sick daily, I was able to work full-time and keep the place pretty well picked up. The hardest times were when my son decided to throw a fit about bedtime and I just didn't have the energy to deal with that when all I wanted to do was crawl into bed.

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »