I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 02:31:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  meet me
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: meet me  (Read 3128 times)
stefi

« on: August 19, 2007, 08:09:59 AM »

O0
My name is Stefi. I am a 31 year old wife and mother of 2.  I have been on die-alysis since spring of 2002. Lets see, I always had bladder infections as a child but it was not until I was about 18 that I realized what they were. Then I treated with cranberry juice.  Giving birth to my first child I was told I have high blood pressure. "so what?" I said.  A year and a half letter, pregnant with my second child, I was referred to a nephrologist for spilling protein. again I said "so what?" till the neph said my kidneys were failing and I needed a transplant. I had an ultrasound done of my kidneys: one was completely atrophied, the other half way there. "I feel fine" I said and never went back. 
About two years later, my kidneys completely failed and I was taken (unconscious & against my will by my husband & sister) to the hospital where they started die-alysis on me. I was 27 at the time and it has aged me about 20 years.
 I believe in Yaweh-Rapha, the God Healer. I have no confidence whatsoever in doctors or the medical profession. I have faith that my God heals.
Just a few weeks ago, I was diagnosed with a "leaky heart valve" and an enlarged heart due to the high BP. This causes me to be short of breath.
I do not take Epogen or Arnicept because these are foreign and unnatural substances which I do not want in my body. Epogen is made of human biomatter and Arnicept is made of hamster ovaries.  So my red blood cell count is pretty low--this causes me to be short of breath too.
Finally, for some reason, I do not collect fluid in my feet or ankles but rather in my chest and stomach, then face and hands. Most of the fluid likes to hang out around my lungs causing me, after drinking a minimum of fluid, to be short of breath.
I tried to get the clinic where I do hemo to let me come in every day, just to get the fluid off at least, but boy, talk about a scheduling nightmare! my children can't come within 50 feet of the clinic, nor can they be left at home while my husband goes to work. Daycare? forget it.  So I heard about home hemo on the NX stage unit.  I'm so excited! I start training in about one week.
Thats me in a 10cc syringe. want to know more?

Isa 53:5  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 08:21:49 AM »

:welcomesign;
My story is simiilar to yours. Enjoy this site. You'll find lots of support and info!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 08:23:01 AM »

Welcome to IHD.com.  We have lots of interesting discussions on here. Go join in on one.

kitkatz,moderator

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 08:24:19 AM »

Welcome to our little world Stefi.  You'll find wonderful people and lots of information here. 
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 08:30:04 AM »

:welcomesign;  You'l meet lots of interesting people here.

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 08:45:46 AM »

welcome to IHD yes I want to know more Like how are you expecting to be there for your kids if you don't take the meds that are needed. Boxman55

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 10:51:33 AM »

Hello and  :welcomesign;

It's not easy being green.
SpeedFleX

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 10:56:43 AM »

Hi and Welcome to the Internets greatest bunch, sit back and enjoy the ride
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 02:35:49 PM »

Welcome to IHD Stefi,

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. This website is intended to be your home away from home, offering advice when you need it, an occasional laugh and even more importantly an ear to listen to you when you ask questions, or just need to vent.

Everyone has to believe in their higher power whatever that higher power is. Keeping your faith is very important in healing and managing your care.

Sluff/ Admin

Razman

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 05:31:27 PM »

Welcome aboard & thanks for your introduction.  I trust that you stay in touch with us on a regular basis and let us know how things are going.
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 06:17:57 PM »

Welcome Stefi to the IHD Family!

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 09:18:16 PM »

Welcome to our community!  So glad you decided to join us.  I believe that this is one of the tools that that Lord used in my dealing with this challenge.  I too believe in God as a healer, but I also know that He doesn't always do it in the way we are expecting.  I am thankful that He has also allowed mankind to discover other means of helping us to better health, or to coping with our situation.  Please continue to let us know how you are doing.  As I have said many times, we are not nosy, we're family here.

Bajanne, Moderator

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 10:22:57 PM »

:welcomesign;

I can hardly wait to find out more about you... like boxman says... I wonder how your going to be there long-term for your children if your not going to take medicines you will need to survive.

Again.. Welcome!

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 11:38:29 PM »

Hi and  :welcomesign;

Just want to know how you differentiate from certain type of medicines being foreign to a needle being stuck in your arm as not, after all we eat is foreign to our body does that mean

don't eat?

Just concerned like a few others here, if there are things out there that will sustain your life especially when you have children to care for and want you and need you to be around why

why not use them.

Take Care Tamara xxx ooo

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 12:12:45 AM »

Welcome Stefi, good to have you aboard.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
mj

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 04:29:29 PM »

Hey Stefi.  Welcome.  These are good people with huge hearts. 

MJ
brenda

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 08:12:47 PM »

Hi Stefi! Great to have you here. Our stories are somewhat similar. Hope you will join in chat some time so we can compare notes.   :welcomesign;

Life is what happens while your making other plans.
keefer51

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 08:26:18 PM »

:welcomesign; Stefi. I haven't heard anyone say yahwee or yashawa [not spelled right i'm sure] in a long time please elaborate. This site is full of people that really care. If you have any questions please ask.

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »