I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:01:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  New Member: Hawkeye
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Member: Hawkeye  (Read 2636 times)
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« on: April 07, 2006, 09:13:32 AM »

Hello all. :) I have already made a few posts but thought I should introduce myself.  As I stated in one of my posts I am an equipment technician for a Fresenius clinic so I have a good knowledge of the technical reasonings behind some things.  I however am not on dialysis.  I came across this site by accident while hunting around for something else and thought it was a great way for the dialysis community to communicate and vent.  Most of the time, from my experience here, the staff don't listen or explain things so you need a way to find info.  I do have a friend that is on dialysis though so I hear these same kinds of things I have read in the posts from him and try to explain the reasons why and answer his questions as best as possible.  As a matter of fact I met him while working here. Since I am on the technical side of things I don't have all the answers, but I hope to be able to share my knowledge with you.

It's not easy being green.
Naggy6

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 09:51:22 AM »

Welcome  Hawkeye  :)

I think it's nice of you to join us even though your not on dialysis. You don't always find people that have much interest in things like this when it doesn't really involve them.

I do have a question, if a clinic doesn't want you to use a cell phone because it could interfer then why would a wireless lap top be OK. Do you know what the differace is?

Isn't it nice to go where every body knows your name.
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 11:02:51 AM »

I do have a question, if a clinic doesn't want you to use a cell phone because it could interfer then why would a wireless lap top be OK. Do you know what the differace is?

As far as I know there really is no difference between how the 2 devices operate.  The only thing I could see as being different is the frequency they operate on.

It's not easy being green.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 05:45:04 PM »

Welcome to the site Hawkeye.  It will be great having you answer questions about our machines.  You are right, unless you go through the home training the techs don't answer too many questions.  Thank you for joining and introducing yourself.

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 11:17:35 PM »

Hi Hawkeye,

Welcome to the site, we welcome people on the "other" side.  >:D You are not alone we have a couple of other members who are workers but are not on dialysis. Again welcome to the site and please post often.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »