I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:53:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
| | |-+  For Newbies, Dialysis does not mean death
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: For Newbies, Dialysis does not mean death  (Read 24153 times)
lruffner

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 06:34:49 AM »

Sorry Cincygrandma for putting Cindy down in a post. I don't know about you all, but my eyes seem to be having a harder time focusing! Anyone else have that problem? Is it the kidney function going down that causes it?

Looks like you are pretty close to me Cincy, I live north of Lexington. All of my family use to live in Middletown, but they have all died now  :(

Diagnosed w/ primary fsgs- June 2007
Getting ready to begin transplant work-up at IU and Jewish-9/08

"Live for Today"
KR Cincy

Home hemodialysis since May 07

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 07:19:43 AM »

Hey lruffner, I'm originally from Middletown...born & raised and still have some family there...I'm south of Cincinnati now in Florence, KY...
You should check out the Derby sometime though...traffic or not, it's a great event!

Not giving up...thanks to Susan.
lruffner

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 07:45:54 AM »

Hey KR- My name is Lee by the way....just so you don't have to type out the whole thing  :rofl;
I loved Middletown and when I said all of my family, I mean my Grandmother and great aunts and uncles...the old folks. I do miss them a lot though! My uncle's family owns Capozzi's restaurant and my uncle owned the shopping center....do you know the place? Great italian food!!

Yea, you aren't far from me now, I live north of Georgetown in the boonies. 35 minutes or so from FLorence. All of us that are fairly close should plan a lunch or something sometime! I would love to meet whoever I could! Don't get me wrong, I love the net, but I love to meet people even more.

Ok, now for the derby. First, I am not a gambler at all and don't find it so excting to watch the horses run around the track....lol. I have been to Keenland down here in Lex. on Toyota day and I was bored to death. I did win a nice pot= $475 on a straight trifecta....like I had a clue what a trifecta was! :rofl; I just pick names that I like...lol. My brother goes to the derby and the Indy 500 every year, but he has major connections and gets to be in the penthouse for the derby and the pit for the 500......unfortunately, I don't know those people! lol.

"Live for Today"
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 07:58:50 AM »

Actually, Lee, I am thinking about moving back to the Lexington area. I miss Keeneland and all the UK games. Both of my brothers live in that area and I really miss the bluegrass. The Derby is a long trip for me now so I'll probably just go to Ellis Park and watch it in the clubhouse.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
lruffner

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 10:40:07 AM »

Wow Flip, come on back!! Now you know, that I am a native Hoosier and fan of IU  :bow; so don't hold it against me! lol. Lexington is growing out of control....been to Hamburg yet??

"Live for Today"
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 03:06:05 PM »

I'm actually thinking about Richmond area.

lruffner

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 03:11:34 PM »

Well Flip, make up your damn mind!! lol. Richmond sure has been in the news a lot lately...not in a good way. I guess all big college towns are that way though. I was going to go to EKU, before the kidney thing came up, but it was too far away and there are always bad accidents south of Lex. Maybe it's just the ones we hear about....they probably don't report on other areas around here as much.

Is that where your family is flip?

"Live for Today"
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »

There is a thread about driving yourself to dialysis.http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=7766.0

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
lruffner

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 03:26:56 PM »

Thanks Kitkatz...it was helpful. Sorry I don't know where all of the threads are, but this site is sooooo huge it would take me a year to read it all....that's if nobody posted anymore until I was done  :rofl;

"Live for Today"
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 04:30:02 PM »

I have a brother in Lexington and another in Louisville. I love Lexington but I would rather live in one of the smaller towns nearby.

lruffner

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 05:31:01 PM »

I agree Flip! That is why I live in G'town and not Lex. I can go there and I can also leave it there too! I am not much into the rat race anymore. I also like Frankfort a lot....It is really growing too. Go there and you will be right in the middle! lol

"Live for Today"
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 06:15:06 PM »

My ignorant brother who now lives in Louisville, just moved there from Frankfort because he likes the urban lifestyle better.

lruffner

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 06:26:25 PM »

I hate Louisville myself. It's the only place that you can drive in a complete circle and be lost...lol. I think Frankfort is great. Just the right size w/ several new restaurants, home improvement stores, and other shopping. We go there a lot, just to escape the Lexington traffic, and we never feel like we didn't fulfill everything we wanted/ needed to do. I would definitely consider moving there, if we ever moved again, but I like G'town too.

"Live for Today"
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 07:02:16 PM »

I have worked and lived in Frankfort (retired from KSP). Most of the people who work there live in surrounding communities (Lawrenceburg, Harrodsburg, etc). Not much night life there.

lruffner

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 07:15:32 PM »

Yea, that's probably true, but I am not much the partier anymore. I got too old for the hangovers I guess. I was on the couch for 3 days whether I drank 3 beers or 10, so I just gave it up...especially since my BP was so high. My husband's Aunt and b/f are big into wine making....they send for fruit in California...and last time we were there, I tried one sip and felt my BP go through the roof. Bummer.

KSP huh? That's cool Flip. Are you married, have kids...2 or 4 legged? I have 2 stepchildren and 2 pooches, but would love to have a few more pooches.

"Live for Today"
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2008, 07:50:23 PM »

My family consists of 4 cats and a Black Lab named Cujo. I have two kids who live close to my ex so I haven't heard from them in years. The two brothers are my only close family and I seldom hear from them.

lruffner

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2008, 08:04:30 PM »

Well Poop Flip! I have always thought the 4-legged ones were the best myslef!  You know we are here for ya! When you move back this way, give me a shout and we will do lunch or something...seriously. Whenever you miss the country, you can always swing out here to our place. My husband is great and we don't know many people anyway. I had a lot of friends until my mom got so sick....you just lose touch when you aren't available to do things.

That's too bad about your kids. I know how you feel though...I have 5 siblings and I am basically the only one who has helped my mom in any way. The rest of her kids are too busy living their life. They were always around until SHE needed THEM...now poof! My hbusband's ex moved his kids clear to Florida a few years back and it's really hard on him, especially since we pay for her boyfriend to sit on his ass and not work...anyway, we only see them once a year because of her.

"Live for Today"
gorwell1984

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2008, 09:57:25 PM »

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. It was a big relief reading this.

Thank you again so much,

Rick
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »