I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:58:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hey everyone
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey everyone  (Read 3649 times)
calypso

« on: March 23, 2006, 07:12:43 PM »

I chose this name from the song Calypso by John Denver.

So yeah I've been on PD for 3 years (well it will be 3 years in june) I'm on the cycler 10 hours per night and then I do 1 exchange during the day. 2500ml per exchange. Haven't had any major complications from it yet, no peritonitis or anything like that. Only thing is my heartrate is a little high sometimes, anyone else have that? My resting pulse rate is like around 90bpm. Just took my BP now and 129/92 and 92 bpm pulse. I'm about 5'8" weigh about 152, so I'm not totally out of shape or anything. Though I should probably do some cardio or something.

Well that's all I can think of right now hope you're all doing well under the circumstances, cause yeah dialysis sucks. Actually renal failure sucks dialysis is a lifesaver. Well I'm sure you all know that don't need me to babble on about it. Wow this board is pretty cool lots of features. Thanks to Epoman for this site.

Oh the glow thing didn't work. Oh well. (I clicked on glow for the "wow this board..." sentence.)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 08:59:28 PM by calypso » Logged

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views ... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.
-Doctor Who, "Face of Evil"

"The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so." - Mark Twain

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
anja

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 10:03:04 PM »

Welcome to the site, Calypso ! I am also on PD-Baxter cycler, 9 hours per nite, since last June.  I also have a pretty fast heart rate at times.  Have just recently gone off my B/P medication, Diovan.  I am about an inch shorter than you but outweigh you by 20 pounds!  All seems to be around my middle too!  Glad to have you join us !
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 10:16:22 PM »

Calypso,

Thank you for the intro.  PD is a good way to go.  Some people can't do it if they have had too many surgeries.  The Peritoneum needs to be permeable so the dialysate can draw out the toxins.

Welcome to the board~

calypso

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was on Diovan for a short while just before I started PD too. Before that I was on lopressor and norvasc and before that I was on those 2+ lasix, but that was when I was 1st diagnosed. now I don't take any bp meds but they might put me on a beta blocker if my heartrate goes to hgh consistently they said. (I've seen it as high as 130bpm but I might have been dehydrated then too)

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views ... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.
-Doctor Who, "Face of Evil"

"The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so." - Mark Twain

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 05:59:12 AM »

You chose a name that belongs to my region - calypso being a Caribbean music genre.
Welcome to this website.  You will find that it is a tremendous support and help.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Dougndan

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 11:44:20 AM »

Welcome,
My husband was on PD for about 3 months before his transplant(by the way, I'm the Dan in Dougndan) Everything was going fine untill the transplant, it was not successful, a couple of days after surgery they did a biopsy on the kidney, they punctured his peritoneal cavity causing internal bleeding and forcing him to do hemo while in the hospital. Long story short, he tried to go back to PD and was constantly gettng peritonitis, his site was draining, all kinds of problems. He is now a hemo and doing OK, his BP seemed to be better on PD, they've had to put him on another BP med. since starting hemo. Anyway, once again welcome to the board.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 02:21:27 PM »

I chose this name from the song Calypso by John Denver.

So yeah I've been on PD for 3 years (well it will be 3 years in june) I'm on the cycler 10 hours per night and then I do 1 exchange during the day. 2500ml per exchange. Haven't had any major complications from it yet, no peritonitis or anything like that. Only thing is my heartrate is a little high sometimes, anyone else have that? My resting pulse rate is like around 90bpm. Just took my BP now and 129/92 and 92 bpm pulse. I'm about 5'8" weigh about 152, so I'm not totally out of shape or anything. Though I should probably do some cardio or something.

Well that's all I can think of right now hope you're all doing well under the circumstances, cause yeah dialysis sucks. Actually renal failure sucks dialysis is a lifesaver. Well I'm sure you all know that don't need me to babble on about it. Wow this board is pretty cool lots of features. Thanks to Epoman for this site.

Oh the glow thing didn't work. Oh well. (I clicked on glow for the "wow this board..." sentence.)

Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy it and find it helpfull. I ask that you reply often to others posts to help them find answers or just listen to a fellow person in the same situation as yourself. Once again welcome to the site.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »