I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:36:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  DaVita Letter To Patients
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DaVita Letter To Patients  (Read 15266 times)
scooter26

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 07:24:57 PM »

Today I got a statement from my insurance, and there was over $5,000 expenses
unpaid from last month. Sure hope I don't get billed for that!

On the statement there should be an area that would show patient liability or resposnibility or wording to that effect.  You owe NOTHING unless that statement says you do. 
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 07:32:56 PM »

Yes, you are right,
Patient's responsibility says 0.00.
Thanks!

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
scooter26

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 07:48:18 PM »

No problem.

Always keep those EOB's to compare with any bill you may recieve from a provider.   They can be wrong!! (big shock)
jollor

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2007, 12:45:37 PM »

I recently got a bill from my dialysis center. I have my work insurance and medicare part A and B so I'm a bit curious as to why I recieved a bill specially since I've never recieved a bill before. It sucks because I don't want to have to worry about trying to straighten this out. It's so very frustrating. The funny thing is they sent me a notice in october and I figured it was just a statement I didn't know it was a bill till I recieved the same letter again.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2007, 03:25:16 PM »

The last time i received a bill from my nephrologist i gave it to my Social Worker and she took care of it.  Hope they can take care of this one for you Jollor  :thumbup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 05:40:24 PM »

Hey Jollor buddy, haven't seen you in awhile, thanks for stopping in. I hope the bill thing is just a mistake, and I hope you can get this squared away with a simple phone call.
jollor

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2007, 06:01:32 PM »

Thanks. I hope it's easily sqaured away too. It is amazing how much money they make off of us and it's still not enough.
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 07:30:37 PM »

Sometimes the doctor's office or clinic will code your charges incorrectly and therefore your insurance will deny.  If that is the reason they deny it will be stated on your EOB.  Wait a while and the doctor's office or clinic SHOULD resubmit with the correct coding.  My Vascular Surgeon's office did that with my first fistula surgery.  They incorrectly coded it and Humana said NO and said that I wasn't responsible either.  They resubmitted with the correct coding and Humana picked up their portion, leaving me with just my deductible amount.  whew!  I personally have a $3000 yearly deductible, but that doesn't mean I pay everything that the insurance doesn't.  Whatever they "disallow" is written off per their contract agreement with the insurance company.  My advice is to really look at your EOB's (explanation of benefits) when you get them to see what is going.

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »