I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:23:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Laughter
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laughter  (Read 2646 times)
meadowlandsnj

« on: July 08, 2007, 04:45:57 PM »

I was listening to the Renal Support Network show about humor and how it may help.  So I got a few comedy CDs and put them on my iPod.  I listened to one the other day, George Carlin and I was laughing sitting in my chair.  I kinda had my eyes closed and my ipod was hidden beneath the covering I wear because it's so freakin' cold in there.  So here I am with my eyes shut, the TV off laughing like a fool with my tiny earphones in my ear.  I opened my eyes and the patient next to me was staring at me, three nurses were staring at me like I had lost my mind.  So I held up the ipod and they all smiled at me.  I have to tell you if you can listen to some comedy GET IT!  IT really passed the time for me.  Now I'm looking all over for soem good comedy CDs.  George Carlin is X-rated sometimes but he's brilliant with his observations about people and life in general.

Donna   :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 05:03:58 PM »

I'm always looking for something funny to laugh aboutm like Funniest Home Videos.
The scriptures say "Laughter does the heart good like a medicine", and I believe that to be true.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
LightLizard

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 06:24:19 PM »

when i was doing hemo in the communty dialysis unit, i was watching the comedy channel on tv. a comedian cracked a joke that got me laughing so hard, i nearly fell out of my chair.
 a couple of nurses ran over because they thought i was having some kind of seizure!
when i told them it was a joke on the tv that got me going, one nurse said 'there's no way it could be that funny.' i told her the joke and she laughed so hard she cried. i wish i could remember the joke, now.  :oops;
LightLizard

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 06:27:03 PM »

oh yeah, now i remember. you got to say it with a straight face, though....

'well, this morning was one of the most incredible mornings of my life! at 8:37 AM, eight pounds and six ounces....(pause, as they anticipate the good news)
'it was one of the best shits of my life!'

yer welcome.

:rofl;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 06:36:48 PM »

The Blue Collar Comedy Tour cracks me up. Bill Engvall has some humdingers about family life.

Rodney Carrington cracked me up.

I just bought a book by George Carlin.  Should prove to be funny.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 01:59:36 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
silverhead

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 08:06:13 PM »

I have always been a huge fan of Bob Newhart, since he started out with stand-up comedy, one of his early records was "The Button Down Mind Strikes Back", still have the record, and recently rented the video on Netflix by the same name, his ability to tell a story so clearly that you can picture it so well is outstanding, stories like his first flight on the "Mrs. Grace L. Ferguson Airline and Storm door Company" leave me in stitch's every time........

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 06:15:35 AM »

Rob loves the comedy channel.  This past Christmas I got him Mind of Mencia 1st season and all Mencia's comedy DVD's.  I also got him Family Guy & Married with Children DVD Seasons.  It made his dialysis in-center treatments much more bearable. He used to laugh and laugh from those dvd's.  Now that he does it at home, I'm sometimes his comedy routine  :rofl;

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 08:19:34 AM »

I enjoy Saturda Night Live.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
George Jung

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 04:05:22 PM »

Nothing quite like a good laugh!  That is a great idea to have some stand-up on the Ipod, always need a way to help time pass while at the center.  I am always in my own world on dialysis days.  Before I hit the doors I have on a pair of shades and my ears are plugged into the ipod (usually listening to some Tool, System of A Down, Slayer, ect.) so I can tune out my surroundings and slip into my alternate place. 

The George Carlin sounds like a perfect choice for my first one.  I have to get Eddie Murphy Delirious, and some Richard Prior also!  Thanks for the tip.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 10:38:15 PM »

Dane Cook... funny funny funny

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »