I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:47:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduction - PLEASE READ THIS SECTION FIRST
| | |-+  Welcome to ihatedialysis.com, message from admin. UPDATE: NOW WITH SITE RULES!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome to ihatedialysis.com, message from admin. UPDATE: NOW WITH SITE RULES!  (Read 12613 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: August 05, 2005, 06:53:56 PM »

Welcome to ihatedialysis.com. I created this site for people like myself who have the unfortunate fate of having to live on dialysis. I started this site when I finally got tired of "other" sites editing or deleting my posts because I had a complaint about a center, or when I just wanted to rant about one of the frustrations we all face everyday. Don't be fooled by the name, we are not being negative, we just hate dialysis. Just as a cancer patient deals with chemotherapy and does it to survive, well so do we. Yes, it keeps us alive but this is not what living should be like. So yes, even though dialysis keeps me alive, I hate it. Some people have commented to me, "How can you be so ungrateful? Dialysis is keeping you alive." Well, I am grateful there is dialysis to keep me alive, however I still hate it. Please come to the forum and see what we are all about. And if you decide to join our site, be sure to drop over to the "Introduce Yourself" section in the forums and tell us your story.

I would like to add one last thing, I understand HATE is a strong word, and I understand some people will be turned off from this site just because this site is named I Hate Dialysis.com, but I ask those of you who are reading this to have an open mind and realize that living with kidney failure is a terrible thing and it takes its toll on a person's physical and emotional well-being. There is a saying that goes around, "A person will NOT die from kidney failure, however, he or she will die from complications of kidney failure.

P.S. This site is for everyone on dialysis: In-center Hemo, Home-Hemo, Daily Hemo, Nocturnal Hemo, C.A.P.D., C.C.P.D., or if you are a spouse or caregiver of a patient. Plus, even if you are not on dialysis but work in the dialysis field, you are welcome here, too. Even if you have a transplant and it's working great you're welcome here.

Read my story in the Introductions section: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=25.0

- Epoman

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 5/14/06

Well I was hoping not to have to add rules to the site but we are growing and things happen so it's necessary. These rules must be followed, bottomline.

Please see this thread for the site rules. http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=540.0

-Epoman
Owner/Admin

This thread is LOCKED you can not reply to it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 11:40:25 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »