I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:45:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduction - PLEASE READ THIS SECTION FIRST
| | |-+  Why I started this site, and what this site is all about. READ HERE FIRST.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why I started this site, and what this site is all about. READ HERE FIRST.  (Read 16075 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: August 08, 2005, 10:54:07 PM »

I started this site so dialysis patients can come and say what they really feel. "I hate dialysis, yeah it keeps me alive but I still despise it". I want people to be able to come here to vent and share their experiences. If you or someone you know are about to begin dialysis feel free to ask any questions. However be prepared, you will get the truth and sometimes the truth is hard.

Bottom line is dialysis is hard and it slowly breaks you down. You can live on dialysis a very long time. It will keep you alive however there is a saying "You won't die because of kidney failure or dialysis, you will die from complications of dialysis".   and I got to tell you my complications have been plenty. But I'll save that for another post.

I will not edit posts like some dialysis boards do. If you become a member and post don't hold back, speak from your heart. The only time I will moderate posts is if it contains extremely vulgar language, an occasional curse word is OK but try to keep it to a minimum.

This site it not a place to feel sorry for yourself, It's a place to come to vent and rant because you have accepted your fate and try to keep a positive attitude but you still hate dialysis. I want this to be the best site out there with a easy to use forum interface and no moderation of posts from administrators who delete or edit posts from people who just want to get a few things off their chest.

This site will be run by your suggestions, if you want a certain board added or have a request for the forum you will be listened to. There is also an Off-Topic section so if you have a question or want to make a comment about something else other than dialysis feel free to.

Also this site is not in any way funded or supported by any medical affiliation. This site is also for family or friends of someone on dialysis. Feel free to share your story or ask questions that concern you.

Welcome.

Please help spread the word to your friends and post the link to this site at other medical message boards you visit.

10/02/05 UPDATE: I will ban any member on the spot who is blatantly trying to cause problems by starting a topic or replying to a post that can be insulting or distasteful to another member this is NOT a forum for verbally fighting with each other, A friendly argument is OK once in a while but don't push your luck. Do not mistake my kindness for weakness. Thank you - Epoman

03/18/06 UPDATE: I had to make a thread requesting that our members use the 'Spell Check' button and too please check their posts for typos. Please see this link: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=411.0 please read the whole thread to understand fully why I posted this.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 07:58:38 AM by Rerun » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »