I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 05:28:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello to all, I am new here.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello to all, I am new here.  (Read 5452 times)
maisha_r

Just a beautiful place....

« on: June 03, 2007, 02:49:25 PM »

Well first of all I do hope I am placing my Introduction in the right place!! if not, please excuse me.  I have recently started Peritoneal Dialysis, still working on the cycler apropiate settings.  I am happy to join this site,  is a good way to support each other and also  learn together.  Some days I feel not good about dialysis, the catheter makes me upset,  but then I am ok, thinking that Dialysis is a choice for sustaining life, and I also think this could be worse, a lot of people in the world has not access to medical care.  I just want to say is a pleasure to be here,  I hope to be able to use this forum, not even sure if my message would be displayed in proper way and place   :P

"I would like to walk where life leaves deep marks" s.r
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 03:25:12 PM »

:waving; Hi maisha,
Yes, this is the right place! Welcome to IHD!
LOVE the photo of one of your "angels" - what a cute baby!

okarol/moderator

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 03:46:20 PM »

Welcome to ihatedialysis.com maisha,

You will learn how to navigate this site quickly because this is a site built by patients for patients. The owner of this site put a lot of effort and thought, and many personal experience into this site. We have grown into a community which is like no other. The members here are like family to one another. Ask as many questions as you need and post often.

Sluff/ Admin
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 05:58:32 PM »

Glad to have you onboard.  :welcomesign; Boxman55

EDITED:  Fixed  :welcomesign; icon - Goofynina/Admin.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 12:24:15 AM by goofynina » Logged

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 06:20:32 PM »

maisha  :welcomesign;
Laurie

May 13, 2008

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 06:30:52 PM »

:welcomesign;

March 7, 2001 - Complications after C-section caused kidney failure
March 2001 - December 2001 - Hemo Dialysis
December 2001 - Kidney function improved dialysis no longer necessary
October 2006 - Kidney function started to decline
May 9, 2007 - Listed at Baylor Dallas and Fort Worth
October 12, 2007 - Started PD
May 13, 2008 - Kidney Transplant from a deceased donor
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 06:46:17 PM »

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 07:50:42 PM »

Welcome to the IHateDialysis.com site! You will find a lot of helpful information here, as well as a lot of information of all types of dialysis.  Our administrators are Goofynina and Sluff. The moderators are Bajanne2000, Kitkatz (ME), and OKarol.  We are here to assist you in any way if you need help on the site. 
Let me give you a brief overview of the site.
There are lots of interesting discussions in the off topic area: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0.
 There is even a fiction story being written by our members in this area: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=17.0
Home dialysis discussions are in this topic: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0
The area that generates a lot of discussion about dialysis is the general discussion topics:
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0
This area of the forum is where the meat and potatoes of the dialysis world are discussed by the members. 
Feel free to post anything you want to discuss or if you have a question.
There is also a search box at the top of the boards to help you in finding topics of interest or answers to your questions.  You can refine your search, too.
There is also an area for home dialysis patients in the home dialysis area. Discussion on PD, cyclers and home dialysis happen there.
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0

I hope this short tour has helped you become better acquainted with IHateDialysis.com.

Again, welcome to the site and have fun while you are here.

Kitkatz,moderator

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 08:53:31 PM »

G'day Maisha.. and welcome to the site.. hope you find it of use and support!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 12:11:47 AM »

Welcome maisha , good to have you aboard.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 12:15:47 AM »

:waving;  Welcome

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 12:27:25 AM »

Hi Maisha,  Welcome to ihatedialysis.com.  So happy you found us and joined, i am sure you will be too ;)   There are several of us on PD so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask, if it has been asked before, we may direct you to a thread that will give you the info you need.  We have all become one big family here so Welcome to the Family ;)  Look forward to hearing more from you soon :)

Goofynina/Admin.

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
keefer51

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 06:41:05 AM »

Welcome Maisha, I am on hemo for three years now for the second time. I hope you have sometime to go to our chat room. hang in there.

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
nextnoel

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 08:47:08 AM »

Welcome to the IHD Family! :welcomesign;

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 09:56:02 AM »

Welcome to our community.  This is a very comprehensive site, as you must have seen already.  Here we have information, support, shoulders to cry on, people to chat with, strong friendship to experience, games to play, and a place to vent and rant when you need to.  This is indeed a family! Please take advantage of all that it offers.

Bajanne, Moderator

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
maisha_r

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 09:53:13 PM »

Thanks to all for making me feel so welcome,  and I will for sure start asking tons of questions,  for now I am trying to do some reading from the site and will see how i join the chat too.  Bright Blessings to all of you! ;)

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 04:24:43 AM »

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 05:47:38 AM »

Maisha, welcome!  I'm a pd'er too, on the cycler as well. Which one do you have, the Fresenius or the Baxter? I'm on the Fresenius.
You'll enjoy it here, there's plenty to read, and to find out. I'm always finding out something! :welcomesign;
maisha_r

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 03:28:34 PM »

Ann I am using the Newton  fresenius cycler,  and still dealing with the right time settings, how are you doing with  yours?.   I want to share with all of you and if someone has got into the same issues please any suggestion would be gladly appreciated.  I have got a test called I cannot recal the exact spelling, it sounds as pep... well that one where the membrane is checked to find out how we dialyze,  I was told I do it slow,  but when I got the time advised,  I found out myself getting stuck to the machine close to 17 hours and I could not be that way.  So I moved back to my old time, it has been few days that I do get mid fill alarms but i have got few of mid drain.  I am hoping is just the tubing getting kink, and that I am also just getting adjusted to this treatment new to my organism. I also must add that I suddenly started retaining liquid in excess I am talking about almost 10 pounds extra in my body  >:( I know my weight has nothing to do with food intake, I am not even eating properly, so is not calories comming from food. Well looking forward to read your comments. 

MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 11:45:34 AM »

OH my, Maisha!!! You ARE having a lot of trouble!! You're thinking of the PET test, which tests if you are a fast or slow absorber, but 17 hours???? nuh uh. way way too long!! For some reason you are NOT draining.  What solution are you using? Are you sure you are not
clogged up? Sometimes we get fibrins, which clog up the lines (both us and the outside lines), and heparin is needed to dissolve the
fibrins.  My first question this is, are you in touch with your nurse? If you have to talk to her daily for a while, do so. That's why she's
there. To help YOU. 
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 12:48:06 PM »

OH Maisha, please contact your nurse and tell her what you are doing. This sounds all wrong, the excess weight can be removed with some manual draining and should be done right away before you start feeling the effects of CHF (chronic heart failure)  you can start getting fluid in your lungs and it will be hard for you to breathe, if you are feeling this already then you need to start doing the manual dwells and drains A.S.A.P.   Please keep us updated on how you are doing, but for now, please please please, contact your nurse and/or neph and tell them what is going on.  Waiting to hear from you  :popcorn;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
carolyn77531

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 12:47:22 PM »

YOU are stronger than you realize.
Wiser than you know.
What was once your life is now your legend.........
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 01:20:52 PM »

Hello and  :welcomesign;

It's not easy being green.
maisha_r

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 02:49:24 PM »

Yes Ann sounds not good I know,  my brother was even asking me if some of the settings were not proper I would get alarms, then  I did adjust the drain and fill timming and started getting less alarms.   What it was giving me headaches was lets say first draining was ok.. first fill ok then second draining ok, now second filling midfill alarm and nothing to do with the tubbing cos i used to put tape to keep tubes still ... so then if i added more time for next cycle there you,, I would get extra time ! Oh God what I do then?  yes i have asked if fibrin could be interfering but i did not get any heparin.,  for now is going better.  Because the liquid retention I went from 1.5 to 2.5 and 4.25 i have been combining those two and in two days i lost thanks God 8 pounds! Now I think why my exit site does not look like the one on pictures that show a healthy one like not red or with draining?  mine is always draining,  i see it in my sponge that i replace daily, but i have been told in clinic that is ok... well thanks for replies

MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 12:55:06 PM »

Wow. Maisha. You are having a lot of difficulty. I am bothered by the fact that the nurse is not making an attempt to ensure that you are having a productive exchange. I so hope you get some answers here. Does she know about the draining from the exit site? Is there any pain? Honey, I so wish we could be there to support you with this!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »