I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 07:26:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello From Deb
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello From Deb  (Read 3812 times)
neonblue

My Boy, Tito

« on: June 02, 2007, 01:29:14 PM »

Hi everyone , my name iis Debbie.Joined found this site today and have been reading the posts.I have been on dialysis for 4 years and the name of this site fits me perfectly, cos' I sure do hate dialysis !! It has been a rough 4 years for me with all the hospital visits and giving up my time to the dialysis treatments every week.Oh' i know that it keeps me alive, but sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.I'm married, no children and I recently moved from Indiana to Virginia.Diabetes and high blood pressure run in my family extremely bad and I am not the first family member on dialysis, but am the youngest one.The others were my father and some aunts.As for my father, he died from complications with his cath site, massive infection, so it was very scary for me  knowing that.The diabetes has taken it's tolll on my health,even though it is under good control now.I am blind in 1 eye and have had many surgeries on the other.I live in fear of losing sight altogether in the other eye.I would rather die than go totally blind.My health is very poor.I have great difficulty walking.Different factors contribute to that.The kidney failure, the eyesight, some mini strokes I have had. I have ranted, raved, screamed occasionally, went through the why me thing, been so depressed as to have considered suicide, you name it.Sounds like I have nothing good to say, I know, but there are a few good things in life I stll enjoy.I love to garden  and love flowers and growing houseplants.I have a dog, a pit bull/ german shepard mix who is my constant companion and is my pride and joy.His name is  Tito.He's the reason I do go to dialysis and then still come home and want to still get up in the mornings.H needs me and would miss me.Well , hello to all  and my heart goes out to all who is dealing with this thing. :rant;

EDITED: Removed bold and color prompt - Sluff/ Admin

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 06:25:11 PM by Sluff » Logged

Deb

True friendship is like a Rose, you don't realize it's beauty until it fade's.
                                               Evelyn Loeb
Lori1851

This is me Lori , Dustin's mom

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 02:39:57 PM »

:welcomesign; Deb,
You have found a wonderful forum full of information. I am verily new to this site and have learned alot as a caregiver to my son that  is 21 that is on dialysis. Lexapro (anti-depressant) has helped Dustin tremendously along with counseling. I didnt see your age posted. Not sure if you have considered either but it has made alot of difference in him. Hope your days will look brighter! :grouphug; Thats a hug from my family to yours.
Lori / Indiana mom to Dustin esrd from FSGS
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 03:06:23 PM »

Hello Neonblue..welcome to this site. I also am diabetic with one eye blind just had surgery on it still has bubble in place so no sight yet. other one had surgery and regained my vision. I hear ya. try and keep the faith Boxman55

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
Laurie

May 13, 2008

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 03:09:48 PM »

:welcomesign; Debbie, sounds like you have had a rough time. I hope this site helps!  :grouphug;

March 7, 2001 - Complications after C-section caused kidney failure
March 2001 - December 2001 - Hemo Dialysis
December 2001 - Kidney function improved dialysis no longer necessary
October 2006 - Kidney function started to decline
May 9, 2007 - Listed at Baylor Dallas and Fort Worth
October 12, 2007 - Started PD
May 13, 2008 - Kidney Transplant from a deceased donor
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 03:25:45 PM »

:welcomesign;

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 04:06:58 PM »

Hi Debbie, Welcome to ihatedialysis.com.  Wow, i must say, great introduction, it was like reading MY life story, we are so much alike in so many ways.  I am so happy you found this site, i too, felt all the things you were feeling (still do at times)  but let me tell you, the support i get from this site and the members (which i now consider my family) is what gets me through each day.  Have you ever thought of doing PD?  have they given you that option?  I hope to hear more from you and please, come often, read and most importantly, ask questions, no matter what they are, you just ask, believe me, you are not alone, we are here for you.  Take care and Godspeed..  :grouphug;

Goofynina/Admin.

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 06:29:52 PM »

Neon Blue, we are here for you. (It rhymes)  :)

Welcome to Ihatedialysis.com we are like a family here so I must warn you when you are part of this family there is no way out. 8)

Seriously though it's great to have you here and I hope we can offer you answers when you need it a laugh now and then when you need it but most of all compassion when needed.

I love your avatar picture of your dog. Pet lovers unite!!

Sluff/ Admin
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 06:50:33 PM »

Welcome to the site.  There is a lot of information here. Take some time and look around the forums. Thre are a lot of fun discussions to get involved in.

Kitkatz,moderator     

Welcome to the IHateDialysis.com site! You will find a lot of helpful information here, as well as a lot of information of all types of dialysis.  Our administrators are Goofynina and Sluff. The moderators are Bajanne2000, Kitkatz (ME), and OKarol.  We are here to assist you in any way if you need help on the site. 
Let me give you a brief overview of the site.
There are lots of interesting discussions in the off topic area: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0.
 There is even a fiction story being written by our members in this area: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=17.0
Home dialysis discussions are in this topic: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0
The area that generates a lot of discussion about dialysis is the general discussion topics:
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0
This area of the forum is where the meat and potatoes of the dialysis world are discussed by the members. 
Feel free to post anything you want to discuss or if you have a question.
There is also a search box at the top of the boards to help you in finding topics of interest or answers to your questions.  You can refine your search, too.

I hope this short tour has helped you become better acquainted with IHateDialysis.com.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 02:14:30 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 06:59:15 PM »

:welcomesign; Nice to meet you.  Love your dogs name! The founder of this site "Epoman" loved Titos Tacos --so I think you were suppose to find this site and be apart of this family.  It is a good place to rant - everyone understands.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 01:55:38 AM »

Welcome  Neonblue, good to have you aboard.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 02:01:39 AM »

Hey Deb, I'm sorry you have had such a hard time with your health... i hope things get better for you soon.

Amanda.

PS. I Love Tito!! so cute!
keefer51

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 10:16:11 AM »

Hi Deb, welcome to the family. My name is keith i have been on dialysis for 3 years. This is my second time. The first time was in 92. Got a transplant lasted over 10 years. This is a good site to talk to people that have a real understanding as to what goes on. see you in the chat room soon.

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
neonblue

My Boy, Tito

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 12:47:40 PM »

I thank you all for the welcome and the kind word's. Hope to get to know each and every one of you and take  some inspiration from your story's.

Deb

True friendship is like a Rose, you don't realize it's beauty until it fade's.
                                               Evelyn Loeb
Razman

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 01:53:15 PM »

Thanks for joining and telling us your story.  I am sure that you have already seen from the responses that you have picked the right place to talk to people, to get ideas or to get advise for the rough times.   :grouphug;
tweetykiss

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 02:31:41 PM »

Hi Deb,

Welcome to this site....I am so sorry you have had to go through this and see your family go through this......we are all here for you......

I am very sorry about your father....are cath infections not curable or treatable?

There is a lot of helpful information here and people here are very nice......

Husband started hemo dialysis on July 30, 2007
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 04:41:59 PM »

:welcomesign; from :canadaflag;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
carolyn77531

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 11:31:22 AM »

:welcomesign;

YOU are stronger than you realize.
Wiser than you know.
What was once your life is now your legend.........
Kathleen

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 12:55:26 PM »

Hello Debbie and welcome.

:waving;
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 10:01:10 AM »

Welcome to our community.  You will find that it is a caring and sharing community.  In fact, we have become a family.  There are people here who understand EXACTLY what you are going through and are ready to share your challenges with you.  Feel free to post and let us know how things are  going with you.  There is load of information here, so keep reading.  Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Bajanne, Moderator

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 11:52:56 AM »

Welcome, Deb!! I'm glad you've got someone to care for and who care for you, where would we be without our animal family?
I had not realized that cathether infections were that bad or fatal. Ugh.  I'm sorry you had to deal with that with your father.
As everyone else says, we understand!  We're there or have been!
Earlinda

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 07:26:22 PM »

:welcomesign; Deb I am glad you are here!

Earlinda
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 07:39:32 PM »

Hey Deb Great to Meet You and Hope to See you Around the Site!

Love Tamara xxx ooo  :cuddle;

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 01:29:49 PM »

Hello and  :welcomesign;

It's not easy being green.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »