I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:45:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  grumpygramp
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: grumpygramp  (Read 2617 times)
grumpygramp

« on: March 06, 2006, 07:59:22 AM »

I am a retired business owner and very much of a workaholic but this desease has put a stop to that.I have 6 kids,11 grads and 14 greats.We have been married for more than 61 years and they said it wouldn't last.I was a mechanic in my former life-really miss it  Love gardening but dont know about that either.Try to take one day at a time but it gets harder all the time.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 08:51:24 AM by Epoman » Logged
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 06:16:44 PM »

Well, Grumpygramp, you have a LOT to show for your time here on Earth.  You sound well balanced.  Dialysis is not easy and here is the place to talk about it.  Visit often and we all hope we can help.   8)

anja

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 10:17:01 PM »

Hey, Gramps!
   My dad is on hemodialysis, has been for 5 years, and he is going to be 88 next month.  He and Mom will celebrate anniversary number 67 in May.  They have 4 daughters, 7 grands, 14 greats, and 1 great-great!  He enjoys most every day, loves to play cards, with family ::) or on the computer, keeps up on politics and sports :-\, does crosswords, and types letters and faxes to relatives and friends in Germany.  He had a triple by-pass just prior to his beginning dialysis.  He still has a sub-clavian cath, is stubborn about a graph or fistula, but has been really lucky.  I wish he were on-line so he could be on this site to communicate with others in his shoes.  I will work on that...   Anja
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 03:48:19 PM »

Welcome, and I have to say I hope I will have accomplished as much as you have in my life.  :)

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »