I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:40:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Post pictures here of your Home Dialysis setup. ***NOW WITH PICS***
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post pictures here of your Home Dialysis setup. ***NOW WITH PICS***  (Read 99571 times)
-Lady Noir-

Where's your will to be weird?

« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2010, 07:05:47 PM »

This is Mike on his machine..

Expose yourself to your deepest fear. After that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free

..Nik..

Fiancee to Mike
Mikes 'history'....
Born September 12 1983
Seizure July 2003 [Unrelated to kidney]
Diagnosed with 'Polycystic Kidney Disease' July 2003 (Wrong diagnosis)
Diagnosed with  IgA Glomerulonephritis April 2004
On active transplant waiting list 2006
Hyperparathyroidism developed gradually
Parathyroidectomy May 2009 (Affected kidney function)
Hospitalized for hyperkalemia June 2009
Catheter inserted June 2009

Started CAPD June 2009
Stared APD September 2009

ABO Incompatible transplant 01 December 2010
Donor = Mikes father Greg
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2010, 09:01:31 PM »

This is our bedroom where my PD cycler lives.  Paul made a big sound proof box for it to sit in.  You can see Mayweed my 18 year old cat investigating - she never normally does that - she was just skiting for the camera ha ha.

Wow that's great to have a soundproof box! Is the machine very loud without it?

This is Mike on his machine..

Thanks for sharing!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
HouseOfDialysis

Search me on Facebook ronaldhouse@gmail.com

« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2011, 06:14:43 PM »

I'll submit a picture once I get my cycler. I do manual exchanges everywhere. I made a mobile dialysis kit to use in my truck, at work, anywhere. It works for me and all fits in a 19 liter box.

Diagnosed with Alport Syndrome in 2004.
AV fistula surgery June 9th, 2010.
PD Catheter surgery February 7th, 2011.
Began CAPD on February 21st, 2011.
Began CCPD on April 29th, 2011.
On Transplant List since June 2010.
HouseOfDialysis

« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2011, 01:02:38 PM »

D'oh!

I can upload the pictures, here. Forgive me. I'm slow sometimes. As in takes an hour to cook minute rice kind of slow.

HouseOfDialysis

« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2011, 03:02:12 PM »

Here's my bedside companion. The best part is the 30 foot leash. I still waltz around the house, wash dishes, play with my son, all while dialyzing.

mcclane

« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2011, 02:33:29 PM »

Here's my bedside companion. The best part is the 30 foot leash. I still waltz around the house, wash dishes, play with my son, all while dialyzing.

i used to do that too when i was on pd; i would connect 2 of the patient lines which allowed me to roam around the house and do whatever.  Luckily our house is a bungalow and it isn't big, so it was perfect.
kporter85db

« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2011, 02:26:34 AM »

OK, so here is my CAPD setup. The cart is the cart the center gave me for the Liberty Cycler. They gave it to me when I first started doing manual exchanges so I could use temporarily for CAPD until I got my machine for CCPD.

The IV pole they gave me didn't roll to well on my carpet so I ended up picking it up to move it anywhere until I got the bright idea that I could mount it to the cart and then they would move as one unit. The cart has big wide wheels that roll easy on the carpet. It works well for me.

I train on the cycler Monday, so this will all change then.

Edit: I should have closed the bathroom door so you wouldn't see the toilet. Oh well.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:31:57 AM by kporter85db » Logged

May/2010 Sulfa based antibiotics killed my already weakened kidneys, almost
Feb/2011 PD catheter placed
July/2011 Started Peritoneal Dialysis
Nov/2013 Started NxStage 5 days/week

Ken
drgirlfriend

« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2011, 06:48:26 PM »

Thanks for those pics, HoD and kporter! The cart looks like a nice set up to stay mobile. We have hardwood, which I hate, but it may come in handy after all. And kporter, I've seen toilets before.  ;)

Boyfriend diagnosed with renal failure Feb. 2011. Cause unknown.
PD Catheter "installed" June 30, 2011.
Began CAPD August 11, 2011.
On transplant list 11/23/11.
Started Liberty Cycler 12/1/11.
Adam_W
Elite Member

Me with Baron von Fresenius

« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2011, 10:52:41 PM »

Since I've moved, I have a different dialysis setup. My cycler sits on a swivel so I can reach it from either my chair or my futon. Despite what it may look like in the fourth picture, I don't use the duct tape to secure my needles.  :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:56:29 PM by Adam_W » Logged

-Diagnosed with ESRD (born with one kidney, hypertension killed it) Jan 21st, 2007
-Started dialysis four days later in hospital (Baxter 1550-I think, then Gambro Phoenix)
-Started in-centre dialysis Feb 6th 2007 (Fres. 2008H)
-Started home hemo June 5th 2007 (NxStage/Pureflow)
-PD catheter placed June 6th 2008 (Bye bye NxStage, at least for now)
-Started CAPD July 4th, 2008
-PD catheter removed Dec 2, 2008-PD just wouldn't work, so I'm back on NxStage
-Kidney function improved enough to go off dialysis, Feb. 2011!!!!!
-Back on dialysis (still NxStage) July 2011 :(
-In-centre self-care dialysis March 2012 (Fresenius 2008K)
-Not on transplant list yet.

"Don't live for dialysis, use dialysis to LIVE"
stringbandbeth

« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2012, 05:28:35 AM »

This is Bear and I Doing treatment at The Gathering of the Vibes music festival...In the camper for the first time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg5p2zpzM84

Fixed link - okarol, admin
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 05:57:22 PM by okarol » Logged

caregiver for husband on home dialysis 14 yrs
KatieV

« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2012, 01:55:33 PM »

Since I've moved, I have a different dialysis setup. My cycler sits on a swivel so I can reach it from either my chair or my futon. Despite what it may look like in the fourth picture, I don't use the duct tape to secure my needles.  :)

Like the swivel idea!  Do you not have a door on your Pureflow cabinet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 2007 - Brother diagnosed with ESRD, started dialysis 3 days later
April 2007 - Myself and sister also diagnosed with Senior-Loken Syndrome (Juvenile Nephronophthisis and Retintis Pigmentosa)

Since then, I've tried PD three times unsuccessfully, done In-Center hemo, NxStage short daily, Nocturnal NxStage, and had two transplants.  Currently doing NxStage short daily while waiting for a third transplant.

Married Sept. 2011 to my wonderful husband, James, who jumped into NxStage training only 51 days after our wedding!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fox_nc

« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2014, 01:38:25 PM »

My new Liberty set up in my room and supplies in a spare room I'm very lucky to have.

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue. It rather denotes a lack of courage. -- from the movie Practical Magic
charlesc

« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2014, 08:04:42 PM »

I am new member to this forum and first want to thank PROFUSELY the operators of it, it is a great service. THANKS.

In the near future I will be compelled to begin PD at home. I am seeking advice on what I "think" that I need to do to prepare. (Plan on overnight with a Liberty Cycler)

Our home is off the ground so we have easy access under the floor which makes addition to plumbing doable. That said, I am thinking of installing a free standing bathroom style vanity next to my bed. This would have drawers for storage, a wide surface area measuring 45 inches total width, and a small, say 8 inch diameter basin on one end. The cycler would be placed on the other end with room for the bags of liquid to lay flat on the surface.

It would seem that having a basin at this point would be a benefit, washing up and the like. Aside, we do have an attached bath but it is across the room from the side of the bed that I would have to use a long discharge tube.

I could discharge the effluent into the basin that would be connected to the sewer or I could have access to the drain line after the basin and before the drain penetrates the floor.
In either case would smell be an issue?
If so I could address that.
Seeing the numerous pictures is a huge help in my planning. I can readily see that I will need much more storage drawers than will be in the vanity.

Thanks and I look forward to any comments.
LisaBart

« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2014, 04:56:06 AM »

Thanks so much for sharing your set ups, and giving me ideas for setting up :)
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2014, 10:56:33 AM »

It would seem that having a basin at this point would be a benefit, washing up and the like.
The big risk with PD is peritonitis, and the way to avoid that is to be OCD about hand washing and sterility.

A treatment room basin is a great idea.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2014, 10:43:01 AM »

Using tv tray table:  We do home hemo and use a small wooden tv tray table as our "treatment table". I wipe it down with disinfectant every day prior to treatment but of course, the wood started peeling away -NOT GOOD! So, I bought some stick on clear/transparent contact paper and cut it to the size of the tray table. Now it is wipeable and every so often I can easily pull it off and put a fresh "cover" on. sorry, wish I could provide a picture but no camera..
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:45:59 AM by PrimeTimer » Logged

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2014, 11:20:06 AM »

I use an overbed table like the kind in the hospital for setup.  The surface is plastic and easily cleaned, and once I am done with setup it provides an ideal overbed platform for my laptop.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2014, 12:08:32 AM »

I use an overbed table like the kind in the hospital for setup.  The surface is plastic and easily cleaned, and once I am done with setup it provides an ideal overbed platform for my laptop.
Would love to be able to get one of those for my husband someday. Would be perfect for bed or his recliner. I wished we could have taken the one we used during training for home hemo at the clinic but nah, something told me they'd never let us take something like that home with us.

I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2014, 09:08:44 AM »

Would love to be able to get one of those for my husband someday.
Google "walmart overbed table" - you will see numerous choices.
LisaBart

« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2015, 04:08:59 AM »

I thought I'd post some pics of the set up I have sorted for Alan.  I think I have made it really comfortable and practical for him.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2015, 05:59:11 AM »

Thank you for these pictures, LisaBart,
The set-up looks very neat, very cleverly thought-out and your pictures are very much appreciated.
Please tell me about Alan's home-dialysis: is it peritoneal or hemo?
Thanks again from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
LisaBart

« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2015, 02:59:30 AM »

Hemo Kristina.  Got the bed as he may eventually do overnight....but right now is doing every second day, or night, whichever works around me actually as sometimes I need to work at our salon...never know when I may have to go in when staff let me down....like the last week!  :stressed;
I had the carpet pulled up and industrial vinyl laid on the floor, so any spills can be cleaned easily.  This room had been my office....
we had a pull cord put through the ceiling to switch light on/off above bed and as it's winter here right now it's a cosy room off the lounge with the wood heater close by. Am pretty pleased with how it turned out.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »

Bravo! Thanks for sharing the pics. Sharing ideas helps all of us. Your "clinic" looks very well organized. I am a firm believer in being organized because it saves time and effort. And in some cases, one's sanity.

Hootie

« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2015, 10:51:29 AM »

We have carpet in our treatment room....we placed three horse barn pads down to sit machine (from Tractor Supply), chair (Lay Z boy deluxe model in leather), supply container for disposables,  and rolling caregiver stool like they use in center. Works great. Its heavy black rubber but no issues with spilled solution on carpets. Its important to get everything within close reach to make it go easier and faster.

Caregiver for wife with ESRD and type Type 1 diabetes (almost 50 years).  HHD with NxStage machine January 2015.
Transplanted  December 7, 2016
charlesc

« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2016, 05:07:55 PM »

LisaBart,

Nice looking setup that you have.
Question about the roller drawer cabinet. Is that a "mechanic's" tool cabinet? Looks like one. That is a great idea.
Please confirm,
Thanks,
CCC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »