I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:31:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  CAPD, CCPD, Home Hemo, Daily Home Hemo, Nocturnal Home Hemo, WELCOME!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CAPD, CCPD, Home Hemo, Daily Home Hemo, Nocturnal Home Hemo, WELCOME!  (Read 31659 times)
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 07:44:16 AM »

My husband has been on CAPD for 9 months and yes his belly does stick out a bit, but he is a man and they can get away with it  car;nt they , large tee-shirts ect.At first he said he felt a bit bloated and then he just got use to it. His creatinine was 8% when he went on dialysis but he felt well, some people dont. His neph likes patients to go the dialysis way when they are feeling well. He has just had a very bad bout of peritonitis, hospital for 3 weeks and has had to go on emergency Heamo. He may be able to have his tube back in in another 6 weeks, if he wants.
Hi, I have a question about PD. How much does the belly stick out when filled? What does it feel like? And what was your blood creatinine when you decided to start? I am at 18% and feeling pretty crappy. I have been told that most people don't start until 10% unless diabetic. Just wondering if anyone started early? Thanks.

Lulu  :bow;
phyl1215

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 09:56:24 AM »

This seems to be an old discussion but does any one have trouble being dry during the day?  Does the cath inside move around?  I'm getting ready for the cycler and hope to go dry during the day.

PD 3 yrs.
TX list 4 yrs.
Deceased donor PERFECT MATCH Kidney transplant July 8, 2012

Learning To Dance In The Rain
Grumpy-1

Make me the person my dog thinks I am

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 10:22:51 AM »

If you are doing PD, you are NEVER dry.   Depending on the Doctor's orders will determine the number of exchanges you do during a 24hour period.  My example.  I have to do 6 exchanges per 24 hours.  Since i get up early for work (3am) during the week I have to start on the cycler with the first exchange at 5pm.  a 1-1/2 hour dwell, and then the next exchange, a 2 hour dwell, next exchange, a 2 hour dwell and the final exchange. Finishing up around 2am.  Then at work, I have two exchanges - one at 7:30 am and one at noon.   So the only time you could consider yourself "dry" is the few second as you switch from a drain to a fill mode.

Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 04:06:52 PM »

Grumpy-1, I'm dry from the time I disconnect from my cycler in the morning until I  do my preliminary fill  2 hours before connecting at night.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
Grumpy-1

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 03:53:34 AM »

Joe  - I'm confused on your comment about being "dry" after your cycler session.  For me when the cycler finishes, it put 2,500 ml in as the last step.

Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 06:32:30 AM »

My last step on the cycler is a drain, and then I typically do a manual drain just before I disconnect because the automated one doesn't get me empty. (Don't know why that's happening. My PD team thinks it has to do with the positioning of my catheter. The manual step at the finish does empty me out completely.) I go through my day with nothing 'on board', as it were. Then 2 hours before I connect for the night, I do a 2L fill. When I connect, I do an initial drain then go into my 5 cycles for the night.

I'm a high transporter. That may be why they leave me empty during the day.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
Grumpy-1

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 03:51:19 AM »

OK thanks for the info.  I wish that were the case with me.  It is a pain at times carrying around an extra 2.5 liters of fluid.  Bending over to tie my shoes pushes the fluid up and it becomes hard to breath - so tiying shoes can cause me to pass out.

a28rt

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2014, 11:09:42 AM »

I have been a home hemo patient for 6 1/2 yrs. with next stage I have my ups and downs. For me it is it is allot better. I do it 6 days a week , 2 1/2 hrs. a day. a better diet and I don't to take off allot fluid so not as harsh. all together been on dialysis 11 yrs.
obsidianom
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2014, 05:48:12 AM »

Welcome to another Nxstage person. Its a great system .

My wife is the most important person in my life. Dialysis is an honor to do for her.
NxStage since June 2012 .
When not doing dialysis I am a physician ,for over 25 years now(not a nephrologist)

Any posting here should be used for informational purposes only . Talk to your own doctor about treatment decisions.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »