I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:16:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  A little about myself
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A little about myself  (Read 4046 times)
DavitastaffRN

« on: May 11, 2007, 12:19:53 PM »

Registered Nurse with  experience in  chronic setting. 
I feel very badly for those that have to endure dialysis. I can not imagine how you must feel three times a week. It must be the most horrible thing in the world. I am not here to be angry and post bad things, but I can't just sit here and allow someone to post things that are true in word only, and never in deed.
Honestly, I was looking for a site that I saw several years ago. I had no clue that this site existed. I will let my patients know about this site when I go back to work on Monday (I have the weekend off, yea)
Thanks for letting me join your site. I hope that I can provide some input that is worthy of your site.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 08:43:07 PM by DavitastaffRN » Logged
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 12:53:14 PM »

Welcome DavitastaffRN, good to have you aboard.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 01:23:16 PM »

Hi DavitastaffRN and welcome to ihatedialysis.com.  Thank you for coming and introducing yourself, now we have a better feel of who you are (and who's side your on) ;)  lol,  Thank you for becoming a member, we appreciate when dialysis employee's take the time to come to see how and what they can do to help the dialysis community.  I also hope we can provide you with a little input of our own that can help you understand a little more of what we go through. :)   Looking forward to hearing more from you  :2thumbsup;

Goofynina/Admin.

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
kelliOR

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 01:51:41 PM »

Welcome,  Nice to have you here

kelli

Shoot for the Moon.....Even if you miss, you'll end up among the Stars ........

Denied PKD for years (Boy, was I good at it!)
Dragged kicking and screaming to dialysis (in center hemo)
Transplant from a friend March 24, 2006 at OHSU
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 02:04:36 PM »

Welcome DavitastaffRN,

It is great that you have a heart after eight years of being a dialysis nurse and you still have the compassion needed to do what you do. For your patients I want to say thank you for all you do.

Thanks for taking an interest in ihatedialysis.com.

Sluff/ Admin
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 02:22:43 PM »

Hello and  :welcomesign;

It's not easy being green.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 02:26:50 PM »

:welcomesign;

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
bolta72

my best friend

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 02:55:59 PM »

Welcome and come back often, there's so much to explore.

gotta do what I gotta do.. 2 yrs in ctr hemo
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 07:04:39 PM »

Welcome to IHD and I know you do so thanks for listening...Boxman55

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 07:11:19 PM »

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 07:32:18 PM »

:welcomesign;  Really good to have someone with your experience take the time to post here.  :2thumbsup;

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
kianhu

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 10:33:11 PM »

Hi, Welcome.  I am a Fresenius nurse with 10yrs experience so we have a lot in common.  I feel the same way you do.  I work 11am-11pm.  At 530pm, all of my working patients come for dialysis.  I always think, wow what a long day for them.  Work your 8am-5pm then sit at dialysis for 4 hours.  We have a great group of patients at night, 14 right now.  They seem to enjoy each others company.  We do have the individual TVs with headphones now so at times it is very quiet as everyone settles in to watch primetime TV.  I really love my job.  I am a jokester at times so we have a good time.  I am a bit OCD so it irritates my pcts sometimes but they are used to me.  Alot of our staff have been around for a long time so I assume they love their jobs too.  The ones that quit, I am not sad that they did because they were usually slackers who shouldnt have been working in dialysis anyway. They didnt recognize the seriousness of the job.   I think it becomes routine to some people, and it is not.  I am actually very tired from work today, so forgive me if am talking in circles and making no sense.  LOL  Anyway, welcome.   :welcomesign;

Kimberly
keefer51

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2007, 06:42:32 AM »

Welcome. I am keefer been on dialysis for three years. Hemo. I have posted a poem about nurses and techs in the poems and stories section on the IHD message board. i hope you enjoy it!

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2007, 07:02:25 AM »

Welcome to the site.  Yes, dialysis makes the daylonger especially after a full day of work.  I speak from eight and a half years experience doing this stuff. I hope you get a chance to look around and read some of the discusssions on the board.  We have some very interesting people here.

kitkatz,moderator

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
DeLana

Dialysis RN

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2007, 10:21:56 PM »

Welcome! 

I worked for Gambro for 5 1/2 years and then stayed home with my twins, now 2.  Last fall I got ready to return to nursing, and guess what, dialysis came to mind.  So now I work in a nonprofit hospital inpatient/acute unit and love it.  I see many of my former patients and also meet new patients who require a lot of teaching; and for the first time, I have the time for that!

Anyway, it's good to see another nurse on this site.  Check out all the boards and feel free to post on any of them; "Dialysis Employees" is our special board.

Again, good to have you!

DeLana   :grouphug;
donnia
Elite Member

me and my donor Joyce

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 09:22:42 AM »

:welcomesign;  Good to have you here.

Born with one kidney 1972
Ureter re-constructured 1975 (reflux had already damaged the kidney)
Diagnosed and treated for high blood pressure 2000
Diagnosed ESRF October 2006
Started dialysis September 2007
Last dialysis June 4, 2008
Transplant from my hero, Joyce, June 5, 2008
Kathleen

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 02:18:44 PM »

DavitastaffRN nice to have ya, and  :welcomesign;
anja

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 02:00:30 AM »

:welcomesign;   to the community, DavitastaffRN, glad you joined us!
Rose From OZ

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 04:41:41 AM »

Welcome! If only there were more nurse's like you!!
Earlinda

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 10:58:03 AM »

Welcome!!  I am glad that you take such an interest in your patients.  You must be a very caring nurse. :waving;

Earlinda
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 04:48:04 PM »

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 02:08:43 AM »

I'm glad you feel like you want to take the time to read about our lives.  I would think you would get your share of it at work.  You must be a good apple.  I hate dialysis and wouldn't care if it was at the Hilton with a free massage.  I just hate that 3 days a week I have to get stuck and the blood sucked out of me in order to live.  But, I do it and I wish more nurses knew how I felt about coming in and maybe they would be a little more kind.  I just came home from a vacation and I was at a clinic with too many rules.  No cell phone, no food, no drink, NO RERUN!  I would not stay in a place like that if they were very serious about their rules!  You know why people choke on food?  They are trying to sneak it! 

Welcome and I hope you find this site interesting.   :welcomesign;

retired2WV

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 05:47:27 AM »

Hello DavitaStaffRN,

I read your post with interest as I too have just recently posted here, and have been doing a lot of reading and researching on the Web about dialysis stuff.  Have you been following the news about the anti-anemia drugs such as Epogen? Some of the blogs I have been reading show that for-profit clinics like Davita prescribe these drugs at higher rates because of incentives built into the Medicare system---even though overuse of these drugs may increase risks of heart attacks, strokes, and death!  If you are interested in reading more about this, the best blog I read on it  is called "Budget Bribery and Medical Costs" and the link to it is: http://www.mydd.com/story/2007/4/25/143725/620

Hang in there, and I think it is wonderful that you have such empathy and concern for your dialysis patients.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »