I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:06:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  New Member
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2775 times)
nquillin

« on: March 01, 2006, 04:16:52 PM »

Hello Fellow Kidney Patients,
I have been diagnosed with ESRD.  Got the news last summer without ever knowing that I had a kidney problem.  I was already in the late stages, and my nephrologist began talking transplant on my first referred visit to him.   I am doing peritoneal dialysis, but it is so time consuming.  I tried hemo at first, but REALLY hated that, so switched to peri. I have returned to work full time now after a long hospital stay during the winter and am doing fairly well at work.  I will be attending my first mandatory transplant class in March in Greenville SC and will, at some point, begin evaluation at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.The date is March 16.   Is anyone else in my area, and planning to attend this meeting?
Guess that's about it for introduction.   Hope to hear from some of you soon.   
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 05:26:58 PM »

Hi there!  I think you'll really like this place.  I'm interested to hear more about the pre-transplant stage, if you care to post about it (in a new post though, or Epoman will get after ya)  ;)

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 09:45:16 PM »

Welcome to the site, I hope you find us useful and supportive. Feel free to speak from your heart. This site was made for people just like you. Again welcome to the site.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 12:07:41 AM »

Hi Nquillin,

Welcome to ihatedialysis.com  ;D  I'm just curious on your age and gender.  Just because I'm nosey :D

I had a transplant for 17 years and did great for 15 of it.  Just remember, a Transplant is not a cure.... it is just another form of dialysis.  It can be great, and I wouldn't trade those 17 years of  transplant life for anything.  Well, okay 15 years.  I'd trade the other 2 years for a plug nickle.  >:(

Hey, when you go to your Transplant class, let people know about our site.  We are working on a flyer that maybe you could take and pass out.  ;)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »