I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:20:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Can epoboy post the screen shots of the 2005 Duh-Vita national meeting?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can epoboy post the screen shots of the 2005 Duh-Vita national meeting?  (Read 6228 times)
bioya

« on: May 07, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »

I sent them to Epoman last year and he posted many shots of the drinking and carrying on of those in attendance. Is there anyway someone can repost them so that we don't forget what type of company Duh-Vita really is?  Like they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words". Unless you see for yourself, you will never understand!
Let the world see the truth, and the truth shall set you free!
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 05:01:05 PM »

I will try to find them for you bioya. No promises.

Mongo

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 03:49:38 PM »

I will try to find them for you bioya. No promises.

Hey, Sluff, I would make sure you're on solid legal footing before posting copyrighted material. On each case that these DaVtia DVDs are sent out in, it states, "This video is distributed by DaVita, Inc and is intended for the private us of our audience only. Duplication or public exhibition of this video is prohibited without the express written permission of DaVita, Inc. All rights reserved."

Now, I'm just a simple provider of dialysis and not a lawyer, and don't even know if there could be legal ramifications for the IHD site but I just thought you should know what was printed on the case. It appears that the copy bioya sent Epoman wasn't in the case (maybe he was too cheap to send it   :lol;) but I'm looking at mine right now and there it is, printed as clear as day.    :angel;

Mongo
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 03:55:26 PM »

Aren't we considered their "audience"  i mean afterall, most of us are DaVita patients.  ::)  :popcorn;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Mongo

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 04:22:35 PM »

Aren't we considered their "audience" i mean afterall, most of us are DaVita patients. ::) :popcorn;

I guess it's how the lawyers define "audience". But, I hope you can see it...it's pretty good!   :clap;  :2thumbsup; 

Save me some popcorn!  :popcorn;

Mongo
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 04:40:33 PM »

OH, i have seen it, and to tell you the truth, i thought it was dumb.  I couldnt help but think of the underpaid staff of the DaVita clinics i have been to where they are denied overtime and denied to take vacation when they want and they are denied taking an extra hour off to go to their child's school play, why, because they do not want to hire no more people to cover them, it is sad, most of those techs love their jobs, their patients but the company DaVita treats them so poorly and pays them so little, it frustrates them to the point where they are tempted to quit, but because of their love and devotion to patients, they stay there and rough it out, hoping their days will come when they are going to get that raise that they were promised, or they are going to get that evaluation that they were supposed   to get months and months ago.  I dont know all that mumbo jumbo about what you talk about, all i know is what i have seen and what i have heard and it's never anything good when it comes to the company DaVita.   And to see that video, where they are prancing around acting the fools, spending that money, drinking that booze with money spilling from their pockets, well, it just sickens me.  >:(

www.kidneyoogle.com
reno2360

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 05:54:46 PM »

All I can say about the DVD controversy is that it seems like there shouldn't be anything going on at these meetings that Davita would not want people to see.  I hope I am coming across as calm and at least fairly open, I do appreciate that remark from another thread.   it just seems like mentioning attornies and all that makes it look like there is something recorded that Davita is not proud of letting the world see.  That's all. 

All these threads are really just starting to depress me anyway. 
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 05:59:45 PM »

All I can say about the DVD controversy is that it seems like there shouldn't be anything going on at these meetings that Davita would not want people to see.  I hope I am coming across as calm and at least fairly open, I do appreciate that remark from another thread.   it just seems like mentioning attornies and all that makes it look like there is something recorded that Davita is not proud of letting the world see.  That's all. 

So true, very well said Reno, dont let them depress you,  :beer1;

www.kidneyoogle.com
Mongo

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 06:40:50 PM »

All I can say about the DVD controversy is that it seems like there shouldn't be anything going on at these meetings that Davita would not want people to see. I hope I am coming across as calm and at least fairly open, I do appreciate that remark from another thread. it just seems like mentioning attornies and all that makes it look like there is something recorded that Davita is not proud of letting the world see. That's all.

Sorry, Reno, don't mean to depress you! There are 2 sides to every story and I'm just trying to get the other side out there. I don't deny that there are bad units in DaVita but I truly believe there would be many more bad facilities out there if it weren't for DaVita. There are 1250+ DaVita facilities out there. I'm sorry that many posters on this board have had or heard of bad experiences in those facilities. But I don't believe it to be representative of the company based on my experiences and dealings with facilities in my Region, Division and Group.

As for your comment..."it just seems like mentioning attornies and all that makes it look like there is something recorded that Davita is not proud of letting the world see". It's not that at all. There are those on this site that have no integrity and would rather post screen shots out of context just to grind an axe. Just look at the 2 examples from YouTube and how they were interpreted as evil duh-vita wasting money and acting like druken fools. It was mere entertainment...nothing many on this website wouldn't do on a Saturday night.

In a private conversation I had with bioya, I made the point that if I had a video of a him and his family on an outing, I could portray him anyway I wanted to...as a child molestor or as the greatest familiy member anyone has ever seen...all based on the screen shots I chose to post. I saw the screen shots that Epoman posted and his commentary. They were snapshots of a second with no thought or discussion of what came before or after that shot. And, what I was able to know of Epoman, he had no love of DaVita and was all too happy to put his spin to the shots.

I have no problem with those who have a legitimet beef with their facility and how it's run or staffed. Again, I believe the success or failure of a unit lies with the FA. What I do have a beef with is those people who actually were in a position to affect change...real change..and chose to leave. That act, in and of itself, is comendable and shows integrity, but to then come to a site like this and rail against the company he couldn't make it in and to throw rocks from the outside is, in my opinion, an act of cowardice.

I will continue to counter their foolishness with reality and give everyone else the version of DaVita as I see it.  :twocents;

Now, I hope you don't become one of those who spew hatred and lies. You are still in a position to do something...act! Don't let the only thing you do be to feed "the network" of duh-vita haters with everything you see as wrong. Take action and fix the problems...if the first person you talk to doesn't listen, go to the next. Call the Compliance Hotline. Do anything...but don't let your posts to this website be the beginning and end of your stand.

Mongo
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »