I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:39:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Where's the best place to go to in spring?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where's the best place to go to in spring?  (Read 2505 times)
Hereware

« on: March 24, 2021, 11:19:28 PM »

Do you guys know where's the best place to go to in spring to do some outdoor activities? I'm planning on doing some biking and maybe some picnic. Maybe you guys have an idea where's the place to do this?
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 05:19:35 AM »

What country and area of the country?

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 08:11:52 AM »

Do you guys know where's the best place to go to in spring to do some outdoor activities? I'm planning on doing some biking and maybe some picnic. Maybe you guys have an idea where's the place to do this?

Hello Hereware,
Internationally speaking, the most wonderful outdoor activities in spring/summer, autumn and sometimes winter (when it is not too cold) are in my opinion:

Walking and discovering different architectural wonders, discover interesting districts, go for a walk in the park etc, go “window-shopping” in an interesting district with lots of Art-Galleries etc.

Another interesting outdoor activity is "golfing" by getting yourself some second-hand golf-clubs (to find out whether or not it really suits you) and find a public golf-club and/or, if you have a little money, join a private golf-club and find a professional who likes to introduce you into the fascinating "art" of golf ... I call it "art" because it often separates the "boys" from the "men" and it also teaches you a lot about yourself ...

One of my favourite outdoor activities is Croquet. Of course, there are certain rules "to be observed" etc., but if you feel as artistic as I do most of the time, you can make-up your own rules and just “totter-about” in a park or garden to enjoy the first warm spring-days ... I am very fond of Croquet, because after suffering a stroke it was recommended to me by a medical professional and I took his advice and it helped me a lot because whilst concentrating on “my Croquet”, I started to walk again and use my arms/hands again, but most importantly, it trained me very well  and enabled me to concentrate much better again ... :waving;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 09:30:49 AM »

If you live in the US, perhaps there is a state park near you.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Hereware

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 12:25:16 AM »

Been in the park here in the US. Thinking of going somewhere different than usual. That is if there are no restrictions telling otherwise. I just want to smell the air. I know it may smell similar everywhere, but you know what I mean.

Croquet is awesome but I couldn't say I'm an enthusiast myself, as well as golf. Never good at sports.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 01:52:40 AM »

Been in the park here in the US. Thinking of going somewhere different than usual. That is if there are no restrictions telling otherwise. I just want to smell the air. I know it may smell similar everywhere, but you know what I mean.

Croquet is awesome but I couldn't say I'm an enthusiast myself, as well as golf. Never good at sports.

Hello again Hereware,

Just a quick thought about Croquet ...
... It really is a wonderful way to be outdoors in the fresh air and think about "things" and concentrate a little on your Croquet at the same time ... The equipment is not too expensive either and you can "put it up" anywhere, as long as the grass is "still short enough" for you to enjoy a lovely game ... furthermore, it is not really connected to any sport at all, if you don't want to get "deadly serious" about it and join a club ... I just look at it as spending some time outside to ponder a little, sit down again and then carry on a little with "my" Croquet again ...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Hereware

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 07:00:05 PM »

Hi there. I watched videos of croquet on YT and it looks fun. I'd like to try it, though you said the equipment is quite pricey https://gathertogethergames.com/croquet I also checked this site, and it's quite an exciting game.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 03:47:18 AM »

My wife and I spend a good bit of time walking around our neighborhood.  We are in a historic residential planned community build in the 1940's for Pentagon workers, its a mix of townhome and small apartment like condos.  Because its old it has space and a lot of greenery.  In the springtime its especially nice as the trees start blooming and everyone's common area in front of their units start to bloom with all the flowers they planted.  So my suggestion is to find a denser area of historic homes and spend some time walking the streets (or driving) and taking in some of the spring blooms.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Qswee

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 11:35:19 AM »

For me, the best place would be Cancun, Mexico, Grand Canyon, Arizona, or Lake Tahoe, California.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 05:27:57 AM »

Transplant OR.
Hereware

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2021, 01:36:44 PM »

For me, the best place would be Cancun, Mexico, Grand Canyon, Arizona, or Lake Tahoe, California.

I would love to go to Lake Tahoe
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2021, 08:41:11 PM »

My favorite place is the Adirondacks.  After my parents passed I bought my sister out of my parents retirement home in the Dacks.  While I am still stuck in NewJersey I spend 2 weeks a month up here.  I love it.
fifal9

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2021, 08:08:49 AM »

There's no place better than Colorado for me. Maybe that's just because, luckily, I live here.  :2thumbsup;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »