I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:09:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Living Donor Information
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Living Donor Information  (Read 1211 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: March 21, 2021, 02:18:07 PM »

https://havingyourdonorfindyou.org/

I was in contact with the gentleman who made these videos on how to find a living kidney donor. 
He is a two time kidney transplant patient and wants to help kidney patients find aliving donor.

Check it out.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 10:01:08 AM »

That's quite impressive.  What a brilliant idea!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 11:33:46 AM »

Hello and it is an interesting story from his particular point of view as a happy recipient and some of us have perhaps met, heard of - or perhaps even had a talk with donors?

I thought it most interesting that 2-time living kidney transplant recipient Harvey Mysel is shown on this particular photograph without any of his donors ... and hopefully his donors are alright and are also being shown in his Programs to have their say? (Unfortunately I could not log-in to see the videos, so I don't know)...

Through my own research I have come across the fact that donors who donated their left kidney did much worse than those who donated their right kidney and there is also one Internet-site about donors who regretted that they did go along with "it", meaning that it is not as easy for the donor as is often shown ...

Unfortunately, some problems could also develop after a transplant, especially when the recipient feels psychologically and/or financially being put under pressure and “in depth” towards their donor, especially when the donor is not doing as well as should be after having donated a kidney etc.

From my own research I have found, that it seems a bit of a gamble, where some are very lucky and some others are being left very unlucky... :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »