I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 09:51:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Hey all-haven't been on in a while. Hope everyone is okay
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey all-haven't been on in a while. Hope everyone is okay  (Read 2280 times)
Xplantdad

Health is not valued till sickness comes. T.Fuller

« on: October 21, 2020, 07:27:10 AM »

Holly is still doing well-we are taking it very safe during these crazy times. Hope everyone else is also okay.

Speaking of that, I don't see that CharlieB53 has posted lately-or KickingandScreaming. I hope that they are both okay!

Be safe everyone  :thumbup;

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)
Holly's Facebook Kidney  page: https://www.facebook.com/Hollys.transplantpage/

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 08:24:47 AM »

Oh, how nice to "see" you!  That's great news that Holly is doing well.  I'm sure the current covid situation is making you both anxious; we're all feeling a bit of that for obvious reasons.  Stay safe, the both of you.

There hasn't been a lot of activity on IHD recently, and I also wonder about a lot of our members.  I am hoping they will check in from time to time to let us know they're ok.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 12:48:53 PM »

Lovely to resd Holly is okay. I’m still here too  :cheer:

It has been very quiet though.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Xplantdad

Health is not valued till sickness comes. T.Fuller

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 07:30:27 AM »

Hi Cassandra and Moosemom!

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)
Holly's Facebook Kidney  page: https://www.facebook.com/Hollys.transplantpage/

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 10:01:16 AM »

Hiya!  I've seen that covid has struck your family, and I'm sorry about that.  That must be rather scary!

IHD still remains relatively quiet, and I've been thinking a lot about the people we no longer see here.  I remember Galvo in Australia who found himself alone with no one but his cat.  So many members have gone away for reasons unknown.  I know that a few are out and about but have apparently decided not to post any longer.  I wish them well!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Hereware

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 11:45:22 PM »

Holly is still doing well-we are taking it very safe during these crazy times. Hope everyone else is also okay.

Be safe everyone  :thumbup;
No symptoms, no lockdown but still applying safety precautions. Keep safe as well bud!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »