I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:31:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Missed 6 doses of prednisone by accident
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Missed 6 doses of prednisone by accident  (Read 1655 times)
Litegirl

« on: October 10, 2020, 05:57:38 AM »

Hi everyone. I have been shocked to discover my horrible mistake today. I mixed my meds up and been taking other tablets instead of prednisone during 6 days. What might happen?  I can not get  blood done today. Need to wait till Monday.

Did someone have the same problem? Thank you.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 06:50:07 AM »

Call your MD or transplant support team.   They are going to be concerned about possible rejection as well as a possible adrenal insufficiency crisis from abruptly stopping Prednisone (which is why d/c of this drug is generally done on a descending taper).  The later may not be a problem based on your dose, but is all the more reason to get proper advice without waiting out the weekend.   They may tell you to resume, or they may send you to the ER for blood work.

You put up with a lot of s--t to get this far.  Don't f--k around, contact the support team now.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 08:50:52 AM »

Please phone your doctor or your Accident & Emergency and/or your Transplant-Team right NOW  and please don't hesitate any longer and sort it out right NOW !!!!

I keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome and please let us know how your kidney is taking it, how the doctors treat you with what sort of medication and how it goes for you and your kidney and I wish you the best of luck !!!

I am fortunate that my husband helps me to keep an eye on "things" and luckily I have not encountered a problem with my medication (touch wood) ... 

Mind you, I can understand such a problem occurring, because these days we are literally bombarded 24/7 with all sorts of most horrendous, most aggressive Corona-Virus up-dates and all these invasive news-onslaughts on our mind can quite easily overcrowd anyone's intellect at any time sooner or later.

Take great care and please start phoning for help, your kidney needs all your care right now.

Good luck and best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Litegirl

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 08:52:35 AM »

Kristina, thank you so much. Hugs
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »