I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:51:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  Florida Man is upset he can't bring his large Donald Trump cutout to dialysis
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Florida Man is upset he can't bring his large Donald Trump cutout to dialysis  (Read 2298 times)
iolaire
Elite Member

« on: February 14, 2020, 06:05:34 PM »

Good old Florida man. The last line of the link is funny as well, I’m glad that never happened in my center.
https://boingboing.net/2020/02/14/florida-man-is-upset-he-cant.html

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 11:40:46 AM »

Not a fan of Trump, but many people are, and I can see how having a life size standup of him could soothe a serious Republican.

As to "another patient at the dialysis centre brings in bubble wrap and pops it during her treatment": We have an elderly patient who is suffering from dementia, or something similar, she can be a pain to the nurses at times. So when she gets to that stage, they give her a sheet of bubble rap to pop, that keeps her quiet.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 08:50:47 PM »

We have an elderly patient who is suffering from dementia, or something similar, she can be a pain to the nurses at times. So when she gets to that stage, they give her a sheet of bubble rap to pop, that keeps her quiet.
Sorry that could be irritating.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 12:14:29 AM »

The problem I see is in the Fresinius center I go to is a cardboard life size cutout would block site lines to other patients. Each station has a machine and chair next to k]the machine, no place to put Donald except in front of the chair
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 12:52:29 AM »

We have an elderly patient who is suffering from dementia, or something similar, she can be a pain to the nurses at times. So when she gets to that stage, they give her a sheet of bubble rap to pop, that keeps her quiet.

Sorry that could be irritating.

Not half as irritating as hearing her scream "Nurse" repeatedly, every few minutes, then hear her moan or complain about pointless things.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 12:57:43 AM by Paul » Logged

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 12:56:21 AM »

no place to put Donald except in front of the chair

Or they could make the chair as flat and bed like as is possible, then cuddle up with the Trump in the chair. I'm sure there are plenty of Republicans just dying for an excuse to do that! :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 12:58:10 AM by Paul » Logged

PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 05:03:09 PM »

I think a life size cutout of ANY politician would be annoying.   

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 05:42:53 AM »

I think a life size cutout of ANY politician would be annoying.

But not half as annoying as the real thing!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »