I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:22:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What is it really all about ??
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is it really all about ??  (Read 9039 times)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2020, 01:15:57 AM »

... Then she abandoned her own father and "shelved" her sister ...

From the reports I read, her father and sister were not particularly nice people, and she would have dumped them whatever happened.

... What you say might be true, but, if I remember well, did her family and her former husband plus some people who know her not "only" try to warn other people of her character and her strange behaviour pattern etc. ?

Well - they sold stories to the newspapers in order to make money from her new found fame. Most (but not all) of her other family members have come out and said these are lies. But, as I (and pretty much most of Britain) have been saying, the papers have it in for her, so are biging up these bad stories, then hiding the "most of her family say it is not true" stories to small articles, buried deep in later issues (or not mentioning them at all).

Incidentally, these stories were part of the "let's get Meghan Markle" campaign that the papers have been running. So if you are aware of this article, you are aware of the vicious way the press treated her, it just went over your head.

I am beginning to think that your viciousness against Harry and Megan in your first post and several others is not (as I originally assumed) because you are very "anti royal" but because you have been reading the hatchet jobs the press have been publishing, and believing them to be true.

Goodness gracious Paul !!! What a tirade !!! What on earth came over you ??? Are you sure you are feeling alright ?

Your made-up accusations against me personally are quite unbelievable and are certainly not expressed in a gentlemanly way !!

And ... why should I be anti-royal? The Queen is without any doubt an institution ! And she  also comes over as a very dignified, most kind, intelligent and very pleasant lady.
Furthermore, she has always represented not only herself but also the country perfectly well and dignified without any scandal and/or mistake  !

... And ... I only mentioned well known facts about Meghan and Harry ... and I don't believe the Press or youtube are "doing a hatched-job" on them ... But - it seems a bit strange that as a feminist she has made speeches that "women should stand up for themselves" etc. and then she travels to Canada and leaves him here alone in the UK to "sort things out" for both of them and their future ... and that does not impress and does not seem to be coming from a feminist who speaks for herself, does it ?

... But last not least, you are quite right about the fact that I hardly ever read the newspapers etc. That is quite true. I never really "got around" it because it would just take too much of my time ...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 02:38:55 AM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2020, 09:12:37 AM »

We have the birthright royalty concept camel's nose under the tent in Boston.  The Rose Kennedy Greenway is a publicly park operated by an independent conservancy via legislative fiat.   One board seat on that conservancy is reserved by bloodline for a Kennedy.
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2020, 11:11:15 AM »

And ... why should I be anti-royal?

I actually said that I believed that you were NOT anti-royal. Please read the posts more carefully before commenting.

Goodness gracious Paul !!! What a tirade ---------- Your made-up accusations against me personally are quite unbelievable

OK, you want an explanation: You started this thread with a vicious attack on the sixth in line to the throne of Britain. Several of your later posts are in a similar vein. You twist the facts to make them sound as bad as possible, often misrepresenting the facts, sometimes even posting untruths. I accept that most of these untruths are not deliberate, and are simply because you believe the rumours spread by Megan haters and are too lazy to check their accuracy before repeating the lies. But that is not true of all the untruths, I know that you knew at least one of the "facts" you posted was a lie, because we discussed it in a different thread. Not only are you are slandering two people because you have a bug up your arse about them, but you are bringing Britain into disrepute on a public board read mostly by non-British people.

Even worse you are whatever the racial equivalent of a "Holocaust denier" is. You keep quoting the Mail, so you obviously read it. Yet you keep saying "I don't believe the Press or youtube are "doing a hatched-job" on them" The Mail is the worst. YouTube comes a close second. The Mail has plenty of articles that are carefully worded to avoid accusations of liable or direct racism, but the jist of the articles are "She is a N*****, we don't want no N***** in the royal family." The worst and most publicised one was the TV presenter who posted that he had the first photo of Megan's baby, then attached a picture of a chimpanzee in a nappy. You CANNOT have missed that, because all the press, TV and radio were talking about it. Yet you say "I don't believe the Press or youtube are "doing a hatched-job" on them" !!!!! What does the press have to do before you consider them wrong? Pin a black triangle on her and send her to the gas chamber?

Be aware that if you had posted this on Twitter or Facebook rather than here, those companies would have banned you for your behaviour.

In short you are correct that my post was "ungentlemanly", but your posts, starting with the first, have been worse. Not just "ungentlemanly" but damn right cruel. You make a point that you have not seen any "hatchet jobs", well re-read your posts, THEY ARE SEVERAL.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 12:07:30 PM by Paul » Logged

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2020, 12:55:52 AM »

Hello Paul,
It is very sad to notice that it seems I also have become one of your targets & outlets for your unhappiness and frustration and I have to inform you that I shall now "put the foot down" and ...  I am sorry to tell you that for your own chosen low level of language, thoughts and expression you have to look elsewhere... Good luck !

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2020, 11:01:20 AM »

Hello Paul,
It is very sad to notice that it seems I also have become one of your targets & outlets for your unhappiness and frustration and I have to inform you that I shall now "put the foot down" and ...  I am sorry to tell you that for your own chosen low level of language, thoughts and expression you have to look elsewhere... Good luck !

Did you even read my last post?

You are NOT one of my "targets & outlets for my unhappiness and frustration", I simply have a problem with trolls who like to rubbish famous people online, and make up lies about them to try and make their target look even worse. If you post pleasant posts, I'll reply pleasantly, but if you continue to use this forum to post nasty vindictive threads, you will continue to be my target.

Bottom line: you can hate these people all you like, you can even post SENSIBLE posts about them. But don't use this board to troll anyone, I WILL NOT TAKE THAT.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2020, 08:41:47 AM »

To my knowledge there was never any racial abuse aimed at Meghan by the British tabloids and/or by British people ... To my knowledge people here gave her every possible chance to feel as much welcome and at home as is possible for someone who is going to live in a "Golden Cage" as soon as they marry into the Monarchy with its many rules and regulations ...

I don't know if this article shows "racial abuse" but its a good visual of how Kate is treated versus Meghan in the context of the media:
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 12:33:38 PM »

To my knowledge there was never any racial abuse aimed at Meghan by the British tabloids and/or by British people ... To my knowledge people here gave her every possible chance to feel as much welcome and at home as is possible for someone who is going to live in a "Golden Cage" as soon as they marry into the Monarchy with its many rules and regulations ...

I don't know if this article shows "racial abuse" but its a good visual of how Kate is treated versus Meghan in the context of the media:
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

Omg thanx Iolaire for finding this and putting it here.  :bow;

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2020, 02:56:20 PM »

Iolaire - What Cassandra said, seconded. Thanks.

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2021, 01:05:22 AM »

What a very sad and depressing story this has become ... especially at a time of total lock-down and isolation, where families struggle hard to carry on, not only financially, where most people feel dismayed and the whole country struggles through this terrible Covid-pandemic...

Nevertheless, I feel the need to add, that I have never ever detected any racial issues originating from the Royal Family ... and furthermore, the Queen is also Head of State of the Commonwealth ...

The media might be another story, of course, but not the Royal Family...

Furthermore, it is extremely sad to witness, how a grandson feels able to show such disrespect towards his 99-year-old frail grandfather (currently in hospital) and his 95-year-old grandmother ...  especially, when one takes into account the fact hat the Queen often made a special effort to spent her weekends at Windsor Castle to be near and look after her grandson Harry whilst he was at Eton ...

It surely is beyond comprehension ... and certainly makes "one" think ... :grouphug;

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2021, 01:11:01 PM »

Every one of the players in this game has a publicist, spin doctor, yellow journalist, character assassin, muckraker and garbologist.   What we see is the carefully planned set of candid remarks that are almost certainly the product of many hours of planning, consideration and perhaps even focus groups.  Outsiders can only evaluate the script, showmanship and execution - not what is really going on.

* - With due credit to Matt Groenig
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2021, 03:42:50 PM »

Every one of the players in this game has a publicist, spin doctor, yellow journalist, character assassin, muckraker and garbologist.   What we see is the carefully planned set of candid remarks that are almost certainly the product of many hours of planning, consideration and perhaps even focus groups.  Outsiders can only evaluate the script, showmanship and execution - not what is really going on.

* - With due credit to Matt Groenig

Hello Simon,
I agree with you and Matt Groening and – to be honest – I don't know what came over me to get interested in these people in the first place ... After all : they are immensely rich, he is well known, mainly because of his privileged family-background and because of that they both enjoy a very comfortable privileged live. They also appear to enjoy the best of health – in comparison to us ....
So why should I get myself excited about their very public display of a curious dissatisfaction and in any case: isn't it rather puzzling that he should feel such an urgent need to pollute his own family-nest ? After all :  his riches, his position and his whole live etc. have always been provided for by his family and without his illustrious privileged family-background he would perhaps be of no interest at all  ... ?

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »