I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:25:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Study = LCP-Tacro or TacNo: Can the benefits of once-a-day keep the cost at bay
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Study = LCP-Tacro or TacNo: Can the benefits of once-a-day keep the cost at bay  (Read 2123 times)
iolaire
Elite Member

« on: October 29, 2019, 07:01:05 AM »

I was googling around for Envarsus XR and found this study from 2017 investigating the move from twice per day tacrolimus to single day does of Extended-release tacrolimus.  Its a full technical writeup, sharing it incase anyone is interested.
http://sites.utexas.edu/pharmacotherapy-rounds/files/2017/04/Kincaide_Res_Rounds_Handout-March-2017-without-pic.pdf

It also uses the abbreviation Tarco for Tacrolimus which is found interesting because prior to a recent post by another member I'd only heard tac as an short name for Tacrolimus.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 10:13:43 AM »

Ooh, thanks for this, iolaire!  This study not only looks at cost but also looks at other factors like the reduction of tremors and which populations could benefit from conversion from IR-tacro.  This study also looks at conversion rates, which is interesting.

It's interesting that it looks like LCP-Tacro is associated with lower efficacy rates in "high risk" patients (couldn't find who qualifies as "high risk"), black patients, and KTRs over 65, yet a different conclusion was reached by another research group regarding black patients, but they could not really explain why.

I do have hand tremors with IR-Tac, but they're not bad enough to do anything but merely annoy me.  They're worse when I am tired or hungry or stressed.  The author indicates that there is "clinically  meaningful" improvement in tremors with LCP-Tacro, but STRATO seems to throw shade on the study itself, saying that it is too brief.

I didn't see "Tarco" anywhere; I must have missed that.  Could it have been a typo, do you think?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 10:19:13 AM »

I didn't see "Tarco" anywhere; I must have missed that.  Could it have been a typo, do you think?
see the title  page
LCP-Tacro or TacNo: Can the benefits of once-a-day keep the cost at bay

The Tarco could be a spelling error on my part, maybe what I remember is Tacro versus Tac..

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »