I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:18:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Holiday Gift Exchange! 2019
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Holiday Gift Exchange! 2019  (Read 7198 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2019, 09:57:54 PM »

Christmas traditions have changed for us, too.  We used to go to my mother's house, but both of my sisters have decided not to celebrate Christmas anymore.  They do not want it at the house the share with our Mom, so I have Christmas at my house.  I decorate and enjoy the season in honor of my Mother's beliefs.  Let her celebrate and let us see family and friends. 

Gift Exchange Update
Darthvadar and Dougal still await a package from the united Kingdom.  I PMed the Santa and they say the package was mailed last week, so expect it soon.

Victor's packet arrived yesterday! 

This may be the one year I do not have to gift someone a gift because someone forgot!  Hurray!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 10:01:21 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2019, 03:17:44 AM »

Riki.... I really understand you missing your gran... Mine died WAY back in '83, and I STILL miss her terribly, particularly around Christmas... Her birthday was on Christmas Eve, and woe betide you if she didn't get a Birthday Card!!!... She didn't care about getting a birthday gift, but no card, and you were in the doghouse for days!!!...

And since my late mum died, I don't decorate the house... Just can't motivate myself... Why bother when it's just me in the house???... I miss her presence around the house!...

Darth....

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2019, 02:51:12 AM »

Riki.... I really understand you missing your gran... Mine died WAY back in '83, and I STILL miss her terribly, particularly around Christmas... Her birthday was on Christmas Eve, and woe betide you if she didn't get a Birthday Card!!!... She didn't care about getting a birthday gift, but no card, and you were in the doghouse for days!!!...

And since my late mum died, I don't decorate the house... Just can't motivate myself... Why bother when it's just me in the house???... I miss her presence around the house!...

Darth....

We don't decorate much here either.  We put up a tree and that's about it.  No one else but us sees it.  I still have a bit of my Gram around, though.  I sleep in her bed, and I have her rocking chair.  I kind of wish I had thought to keep her wheelchair.  She had a rockin' set of wheels, so much nicer than the generic chair I have.  We were built the same, so it would have fit me nicely.

We've started some new traditions too.  What we used to do, was Mom and I would go to Gram's for Christmas Eve and Christmas Night.  Gram never spent Christmas morning alone, and Christmas Night, her brother's would all show up to play cards  Through the day, aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids, would all pop in at some point, but one uncle and his wife would be there for Christmas Dinner.  My mom and my aunt were the ones who actually cooked the meal.  Now that Gram is no longer here, we take turns going back and forth.  One year, my aunt and uncle come here, the next we go there.  This year it's our turn to go there, so Christmas Morning, we'll probably get up breakfast and open our presents, then get in the car for the 2 and a half to 3 hour drive to their house.  I don't know where my grandmother's brothers go to play cards now.  I'm guessing they found somewhere else to go
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 02:55:48 AM by Riki » Logged

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2019, 05:20:11 AM »

Well, I'm weak with laughter here!!!!!!....  :rofl;

I was at a physiotherapy appointment this morning, and I arrived home just in time to catch the postman as he was leaving my house... He had a box under his arm... He was roaring laughing... Maybe I should explain... When I miss a delivery, I go to the local postal sorting office to collect it... Easy, eh???... Thing is, you have to bring ID... Also easy, right???... Erm, no... This box was addressed to 'Darthvadar and Dougal'... Erm, no, I don't have ID for either the smutt, or the man from the dark side!!!... Imagine explaining that one!!!... It was REALLY funny, though....

Thank you, Santa, and Dougal says '"Woof you" to his Santa!!!...

Happy Christmas, everyone!!!!...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2019, 04:41:32 PM »

I have sent PMs saying thank you to my secret Santa and to Victor's.  We received nice things this year.  Thank you.
Victor received a book about Prince Edward Island lighthouses signed by the author.
I received a chalkboard memory board which I will use with Violet each year.  I also have new hairbrushes, hair ties, socks and slippers.  My secret Santa sure packed a box!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 04:47:21 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2019, 05:05:33 AM »

Thank you very much to Cassandra and her hubby!!!... They were SS to Dougal and I... Dougal is in the lap of luxury... He got a heated pad for his bed... Pop it into the microwave for a minute, pop it in his bed, and he's a cosy hound!!!... He says 'Woof you, Santa'... I got a set of lights you put into empty wine bottles... Now just to 'borrow'  a couple of wine bottles from my alcohol drinking friends!... I also got a really nice notebook with an owl themed cover... Thank you both!!!... Will put a pic up soon!!!...

Darth....

« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 05:34:00 AM by Darthvadar » Logged

Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2019, 12:03:07 AM »

I got a big gold box from Darth and Dougal.  It was filled with all kinds of neat stuff.

A hat and scarf.. different colors.  Mom wants to know if they are home made..

A little penguin with his own little dialysis blankie!!

Candy that I'm sure will not last long..

A lovely looking book.  Unfortunately, due to my eyesight, I'm not able to read print, but I'm sure Mom will enjoy it..

There was lots of other stuff in there too... a keychain, fridge magnet, awesome looking bookmark, pen, pencil case set.. and I can't remember what else..

Thank you very much

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2019, 07:27:59 AM »

Hi Riki...

Yes, the hat and scarf are made by a lady I visit in a Nursing Home... She knits to raise money for a this charity...

https://www.capuchindaycentre.ie/Capuchin_Day_Centre_2013/Capuchin_Day_Centre_for_Homeless_People.html

I buy stuff from her regularly!... Think the penguin is holding socks!!!... Thought the sweet goodies would get a quick death!!!... If you can use a magnifying Glass, I think you'd enjoy the book!... It's written by a great friend of mine... Judge Pattwell has a lovely way with words... Meanwhile, I'll ask him if it's available in Audio Format!...

You're more than welcome, Riki... Glad you enjoyed it!!!...

Darth....
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 08:32:52 AM by Darthvadar » Logged

Wat76

This Too Shall Pass

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2020, 07:27:06 AM »

CharlieB53, Glad you like your gift and received on time.

PKD: PD started in February 2011.
Live, Laugh and Love daily.
Wat76

This Too Shall Pass

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2020, 07:30:10 AM »

CharlieB53, Glad you like your gift and received on time.

Wat76

This Too Shall Pass

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2020, 07:32:20 AM »

Wat76 would like to thank the person who sent their gift from Ireland. Was so excited the paper and card was thrown out accidentally. Thank you so much

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2020, 03:21:49 PM »

Wat76 would like to thank the person who sent their gift from Ireland. Was so excited the paper and card was thrown out accidentally. Thank you so much

:waving;  Nice to "see" you, Wat76!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2020, 11:13:07 AM »

Welcome, Wat!... Glad you liked it!!!... Hope you enjoy the book, and the calendar comes in handy!!!...

Darth....

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »