I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  I''m Going Crazy(er)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I''m Going Crazy(er)  (Read 2935 times)
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« on: July 12, 2019, 12:43:08 AM »

I woke up, again, as I rarely sleep more than 2 hours at a time.  Check the clock, 2:04 a.m..  Not unusual.

I am about to turn to my side and go back to sleep when I clearly hear my Wife call my name, in a distressed voice, from the living room.

I have a problem with this as I know Patsy is 100 miles away in the Nursing Home, Terminal on Hospice. A year already just Monday of this week.

But I GOT TO get up and go look, cause I HEARD her, and this isn't the first time.

Of course she wasn't there, so I get my phone and call the Night Nurse.  Denise tells me matter of fact that she was in Patsy's room just 4 minutes ago and she is awake and the two Hall Attendant Ladies are with her now.

I told her why I called, that I am simply going crazy(er) but Please tell Patsy that I will be there in another 12 hours to spend the week end with her.

Nurse Denise assured me they would take great care of her until I get there.

No way I'm going back to sleep now. So I've already made my cup of coffee.

Kathymac2

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 02:27:40 AM »

I don't think you are going crazy(er) Charlie. I think you are a good man who is trying to take care of his sick wife from 100 miles away and finding it unbelievably difficult.

My heart goes out to you. Terminal illness is something we all face if we don't die of something else first. I almost think it's harder in many ways on the loved ones rather than "the patient". 

Patsy is so lucky to have you. I hope you have a good weekend with your wife and that you can relax a bit being by her side.
Alexysis

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 02:24:32 PM »

I woke up, again, as I rarely sleep more than 2 hours at a time.  Check the clock, 2:04 a.m..  Not unusual.

I am about to turn to my side and go back to sleep when I clearly hear my Wife call my name, in a distressed voice, from the living room.

I have a problem with this as I know Patsy is 100 miles away in the Nursing Home, Terminal on Hospice. A year already just Monday of this week.

But I GOT TO get up and go look, cause I HEARD her, and this isn't the first time.

Of course she wasn't there, so I get my phone and call the Night Nurse.  Denise tells me matter of fact that she was in Patsy's room just 4 minutes ago and she is awake and the two Hall Attendant Ladies are with her now.

I told her why I called, that I am simply going crazy(er) but Please tell Patsy that I will be there in another 12 hours to spend the week end with her.

Nurse Denise assured me they would take great care of her until I get there.

No way I'm going back to sleep now. So I've already made my cup of coffee.

Stranger things have happened. Last October, my dad was in hospice care, and was slipping fast. I stopped to see him before dialysis, and he was sleeping, so I didn't wake him.

After dialysis, I called the nurse and she told me he was sleeping soundly. I had dinner, watched a little TV, then went to sleep. Woke up about 2 with a headache, and had dreamed that my dad was calling my name. I got up, took an aspirin, and just as I got back in bed the phone rang. It was the hospice nurse, informing me that my father had just passed away. I can't remember the last time I'd dreamed of my father, and haven't done so since.

Now, I'm not a person who believes in the supernatural, but that experience left me believing that there may be ways of communicating that we can't even comprehend. 
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 06:16:13 AM »

First of all Charlie and Alexis I wish you both strength and love with the situations you find yourselves in. And I believe very much in the strong connection between people on a different level which is not physically tangible, and we don’t learn, or no much about.

Love and strength, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 01:36:10 PM »

All I can do is tell you these things happen.  Mysterious things come upon us when we least expect it.  Try to get some sleep. You are not crazy.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »