I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:31:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Simple Machines Forum Issues/Announcements
| |-+  Forum software issues and bugs
| | |-+  Log-In Confusion
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Log-In Confusion  (Read 2885 times)
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« on: August 22, 2019, 03:00:46 PM »

I had toi use my Desktop today for other business and while waiting I tried to log in here.  I keep getting the message that an Error Occurred.

I checked my password, seemed fine.

Picked up my phone and logged in just fine so I checked the password there and find one character is NOT capitalized.  Hmmmmmmm.

So I go get on this laptop and look, that character IS Capitolized, and it logs in fine as well.

So I go back to the desktop and try it BOTH ways.  Still get the same error either way.

I close and reopen the browser and start all over,, both ways, STILL get the error.

Win 10 there, and here, the phone is an i7S.

I've no idea what too do next but it seems crazy that my password works both ways, with and without a Cap as the next to last character in the string.

Somebody has to know way more than I do.

Take Care,

Charlie B53
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 09:48:23 PM »

If I use the login fields on the top of the page it fails just below is a login button hit this and a working login screen appears that’s where I login.
lulu836

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 06:15:56 AM »

Good morning..........I have had the same problem a few times because I was logging in on several devices.  The software does not like that so I was having to find my password more frequently than I wanted so when I finally found a workaround, I saved the password within the software and only use 2 different devices.  There is a definite pattern to logging in successfully but it has been a while and sorry to say, I have forgotten exactly what that pattern is. 

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my kidneys the most.
Xplantdad

Health is not valued till sickness comes. T.Fuller

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 02:15:26 PM »

I haven't been able to log into this site until now...Been trying for 3 months...off and on.

Ending up using the login link near the top right of the page-and that one worked.

So, I don't know...LOL  :Kit n Stik;

I hope that everyone is doing okay. Happy Friday!

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)
Holly's Facebook Kidney  page: https://www.facebook.com/Hollys.transplantpage/

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 12:37:22 PM »

I get the same problems, and I am the admin.  Something weird in the system.  I use the log in in the left hand side of the page.  I find the one that shows in the middle does not work for me.  Be patient with it please.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 06:46:10 PM »

SMF  (Simple Machones Forum) is up to Release Candidate 2.1.   Once the word "candidate" is removed I will do the upgrade.  This is a one way trip since the database gets updated as well, so I am not going to screw around with "candidates" or "pre-release" versions.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 08:14:56 PM »

While I regularly use three machines I never have more than one logged in at a time.

It is strange since I updated the Desktop fro XP to Win 10 it doesn't want to log in on that machine.  Maybe I need to go find the IHD Cookies and delete them and start over.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »