I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 05:45:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Out of words
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Out of words  (Read 2592 times)
SweetyPie

« on: June 25, 2019, 06:48:28 AM »

Hi all,

If you haven’t already look at my pervious to get an update of me after the hospital.
I couldn’t sleep last night it’s my chest, there’s fluid in there and it causes me pain. There’s constant fluid in there no matter how much we remove. I can’t get a fistula because of my pressures despite the blood pressure meds it still drops. I’m on the list but no answer as of now. The doctor was stumped he didn’t know what to say but he will check out my ct scans. The whole reason I went to the er was because of chest pain. I found out later I had an infection. They called it pleural effusion when I went to the er. They saw that on the scans and saw it improve a little after a few days.
I’m lost everyone’s lost. I wish I didn’t feel so crappy after the hospital. Not to mention my body aches are on another level. And for 3 days now the pain on my thumb has been awful and I’m unable to bend it... new problems with no answer
Cupcake

a good year for Chevys

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 09:20:23 AM »

Hang in there. Hopefully they can help solve your problems, or at least give you some definitive answers so you know what to expect. Keep us posted.

PD for 2 years then living donor transplant October 2018.
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 09:49:11 AM »

Good luck to you, Aaisha.Dar.   This too shall pass.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 03:33:02 AM »

O Aaisha I'm so sorry to read that.  Please remember you might be feeling worse BECAUSE of the anti-biotics too.

Lots of love and healing vibes, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
SweetyPie

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 07:07:29 AM »

You have a good point. I’m not sure tho about my chest this was before the antibiotics
Michelle2016

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 12:46:56 PM »

Please make sure to take antibiotics with A lot of food and water or juice.   Otherwise you may feel very nauseous. Keep taking antibiotics and you’ll feel better everyday.

Wish you the best.
SweetyPie

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 01:17:21 PM »

Antibiotics are given during dialysis so I get them regardless lol
UkrainianTracksuit

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 06:13:12 PM »

*sigh* Aaisha, honey, not the reply I wanted to read but wanted to send you some good thoughts nonetheless.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 07:46:40 PM »

I am so sorry to read about all of your travails.  It must be so very frustrating and frightening.  I am hoping that the other IHDers are right in thinking that maybe it is the antibiotics that are making you feel bad right now and that yes, this too shall pass.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
SweetyPie

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 10:08:37 PM »

All this support is very touching really. My doctor kinda just sighed and was like hmm.. it’s actually very scary. This chest pain and feeling of fluid in my lungs makes me confused, sad, and out of breath. I can’t explain how difficult this is.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 12:39:33 PM »

My thinking is, and remember that I'm not a doctor, if you have a chest infection, you are probably going to have a little fluid around it.  As the antibiotics do their job, this fluid should go away.  Unfortunately, until this happens there is little that you can do about the pressure the fluid causes.  Best advice I can give is to not do anything to strenuous until after the infection clears

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
SweetyPie

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 05:09:01 PM »

The infection is gone and I am off antibiotics. I blamed the bad chest feeling on the infection but now that it’s clear and I still feel short of breath and pressure on my right side when I even slightly lean forward it it’s scaring my family and they keep asking if I want to go to the er. They said fluid in the lungs is dangerous and a huge lecture. I don’t want to go to the er they poke me and say we can’t do anything about the fluid in your lungs I don’t have a fever just a feeling if uncomfortableness. I wish I had an answer. My nurse checked my right side she said she heard diminished breath sounds
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 07:58:24 PM »

What does she mean by "diminished breath sounds", and what did she suggest you do about it?   I am glad to hear that the infection is gone, though.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
SweetyPie

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 09:24:43 PM »

She said diminished breath sounds means fluid in the lungs. She wants me to go to the er but I told her if I feel worse I will. I think the doctors at the hospital also didn’t do much about the fluid in my lungs because they thought it was the infection. My nurse said from two weeks ago she still hears the fluid on the right side. Do you guys think this is dangerous for me to wait it out? Yes I feel short of breath and yes my right side has a lot of pressure but the number one thing is I do not have a fever.. thank God. This feels like a waiting game
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 06:25:29 AM »

You are balanced on a tightrope and about to fall off.

If there is still fluid in your lungs with NO infection then your Dry Weight is still set slightly too high.

You may not like this idea but you need to begin removing just a little bit more fluid at every treatment.

Start reducing your dry weight just one or two TENTHS.  Not a lot, just that little but.  After a couple three treatments have the Nurse listen again to your longs to see if she can hear a reduction in the fluld level. Then make another small reduction in your dry weight.  This is not going to get cleared over night, it is going to take a couple of weeks of careful atention as too great a change could easily be too much shock to your small body.
SweetyPie

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 07:41:54 AM »

That makes somewhat of sense. I did lose quite some weight at the hospital. Will ask my nurse to lower my dry weight. We will see how this goes. Thank you
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 01:34:35 PM »

Hang in there.

:guitar: 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »