I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:04:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Fresenius Medical Care problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fresenius Medical Care problems  (Read 2033 times)
KBC300

« on: June 11, 2019, 08:26:43 PM »

I have been on PD for 2 1/2 years.  In that time, I have had 15 cyclers. Fresenius uses refurbished machines. I have had numerous different issues with these cyclers. Complaints to corporate fall on deaf ears. I got a different one today and right out of the box, it sounds like a jackhammer. I’m
So frustrated with this company but I love my doctor and nurse. Is anyone else’s having this issue? If so, have you had any response from the company?

KBC300😽
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 05:22:31 AM »

Poke around here to figure out how as a patient you can report defective medical equipment and start reporting each faulty machine:
https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/medical-device-safety/medical-device-reporting-mdr-how-report-medical-device-problems

Since it’s a medical device it’s serious and you can be sure that Fresenius is not reporting these defects for you. Federal reporting can force companies hand.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Alexysis

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 02:27:26 PM »

FWIW, Fresinius doesn't "use refurbished cyclers", they MAKE cyclers, and repair them as needed. Are you using the 2008T? If so, those are new machines.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 02:24:33 PM »

The 3 1/2 years I was on PD the clinic I went to used Baxter.  In that time my Cycler did finally fail only once and I had another late the next day.

Unfortunately infection caused me to switch to my current Fresenius in-clinic Hemo 2 1/2 years ago.

No real complaints so far.

Other than I Hate Dialysis.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »