I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:58:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Back is killing me
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back is killing me  (Read 2039 times)
jambo101

« on: June 06, 2019, 04:15:07 AM »

First 3 hours in the chair are tolerable but that 4th hour is agony, i'm thinking of changing my  3X a week 4 hour schedule to 4 days a week and 3 hour s per session, Shouldnt be a problem?

Jim
GA_DAWG

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 08:01:32 AM »

Wish I could say you get used to it, but I'd be lying. It is my backside that takes a beating the last hour, not enough padding. On the backside or the chair.
jambo101

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 06:26:45 PM »

First 3 hours in the chair are tolerable but that 4th hour is agony, i'm thinking of changing my  3X a week 4 hour schedule to 4 days a week and 3 hour s per session, Shouldnt be a problem?
They said no to my idea of 3 hour sessions 4X a week,evidently the cost of the extra hookup and disconnect is a factor  ::)

Jim
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 07:29:05 PM »

Gelfoam pillow, I’m on 4.5 hours and the first 4 years my butt was in constant pain after several hours of just sitting on those sadistic seats.  I discovered gelfoam pillows and they saved my butt literally.  After a time I discovered that if I rotate my butt a little I don’t need the pillow.
GA_DAWG

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 05:23:31 PM »

Could be the extra shift you would need is already full. At our center, it is not impossible to change your time say if you have another appointment, but it takes some planning, not a day before type thing.
SweetyPie

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 07:19:51 PM »

I’m 3 and a half hours. My butt after one hour feels awful. I have to rotate to my side for some time. It’s tough. I think I should get a pillow.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 11:10:04 AM »

A couple of pilonidal cysts removed leaves barely a layer of skin over my tailbone, so sitting for any length of time it gets VERY uncomfortable and I start squirming attempting to get the pressure off that bone. 

I bought on of thoes e gel seat pads that has a notch in the back center so my tailbone never touches the chair.  What a relief!

I broke a vertebra in the small of my back years ago, also tore a bunch of muscles then and a couple other back injuries.  I take a full size bed pillow and place it across my back, raise it up a few inches above the seat as I scoot back into the chair.  The padding really makes a huge difference in staying half comfortable for the whole time in that chair.

That first week without both was a serious bitch.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »