I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:53:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  The Bible, Granny Panties and Life Stuff
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Bible, Granny Panties and Life Stuff  (Read 5945 times)
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2019, 11:48:37 PM »

Have another CT chest scan tomorrow. Last time they said my chest "was a mess". (Pulmonary Sarcoidosis). Hopefully being on the boats-load of Prednisone for 2 months has helped. Still on low-flow continuous oxygen. Saturation rate should be in the 90's. I take the O2 off and I drop to the 70 & 80's. Yeah, that doesn't feel good. They did a bunch of bloodwork last week. My Vitamin D is low so I have to take prescription Vit-D2 50,000 units once a week for 12 weeks. Hope it perks me up. Good news is that my bone density tests came out normal. Yea! I'm just praying that they don't add any more meds to my already growing list. If I have to lug an oxygen tank around then fine, I can live with that so long as I can get things done and live a life again. Being homebound because of no energy or breath really sucks. It is most depressing. And then there are the doctors who ask a lot of questions but don't really say anything. They are thorough and run a bunch of tests and smile but then look at your file and their whole demeanor changes. You wonder if you are terminal. Everybody either gets too quiet or acts just a little too nice. Wassup with that anyways? Even my primary of 20 years made a face looking at my file. Why? WHY?? I'm sick and I feel like they haven't seen a sick person before. Make me well and if you can't, just say so and I'll be on my merry way. I'm not looking at how I can die gracefully but rather, what things can I do while I'm still alive? What is doable and what isn't. Lugging an oxygen tank around at the grocery store is doable. They don't have to act like it's the end of the world and that I should just be home resting. I gotta bust out sometime and not just to go to another appt. I am going to do it.

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2019, 07:38:50 AM »

Good luck tomorrow PT

:cuddle;

I usually ask The Learned Ones if: it’s wind?

Thinking of you, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2019, 07:41:45 AM »

Sorry you're going through so much.  I'm in pretty bad shape myself so I can empathize.  I hope you get some relief soon.  Being sick sucks.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »