I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:17:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Life NOT on the list
| | |-+  So How Are You Living Your Life Not on The List?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So How Are You Living Your Life Not on The List?  (Read 2443 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: May 18, 2019, 08:51:25 PM »

I am no longer playing all the Facebook games I could find to keep myself busy and get through my depression.  I do play a few of them, still.
Now I am doing Art and Writing and Reading.  My time is taken up doing useful things now.  Research into writing a query to an agent is interesting right now.  Trying to get out to places with my husband.  Also trying to spend time with my family.

So now that you are not on the list, how are you living your life?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 03:07:22 AM »

I should state I have never been a canadate for a transplant since every 6 months or so I have a melanoma removed.  When I started the never ending dialysis sessions that loomed over my life left me feeling depressed. One day out of the blue one Friday I tell the charge nurse that’s it I’m not coming again this week.  She proceeded to lecture me about skipping, iagain said that’s it I am not comin back this week, we repeated this for about 4 or 5 iterations when she realized it’s Friday and I was done for the week. She then slapped in the back of the head and laughed. While I enjoy the joke afterwards I began to look at dialysis as a weekly chore every Friday I am free for the weekend and next week is next weeks problem.   Plus with all my other health problems cardiac it’s just fun to keep on pushin on.  I don’t know how long I got but as long as I’m at the party I intend to enjoy it.  I am at my house in the Adirondacks and just started a new hobby of hunting animals with a new cannon dalton camera.  The animals get to live and I get photos as a trophy.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 05:26:41 AM »

As of May 25, I've been on dialysis for 15 years.  I don't let it slow me down.  I travel (am going to Philadelphia next month), I just graduated college and I'm hoping to start a new career as a travel councillor.  I have plans on starting the process of getting a guide dog as I'm also visually impaired.  I love writing, and I'm looking forward to taking part in National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo) in November.  I haven't had time to do much writing, other than writing papers, while I was in school.  My best friend and I also do a talk radio show on Saturday nights.  I'm quite busy. *L*

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
lulu836

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 06:53:25 AM »

I was given the option and refused.  No thank you very much!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my kidneys the most.
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 05:10:24 PM »

Rikii,  Go ahead and write your novel.  I wrote a book on dialysis I had published a few years ago.  I'm just about to finish a screenplay with roots in my book.  As for he guy with melanoma, I feel your pain, I have another type of skin cancer, but it keeps coming back.  I've had radiation, surgery, and I'm using curamadem on small tumors.  What bothers me is I'm about to go back to hemodialysis after six years on peritoneal.  I imagine they'll open up my neck, and then use my leg for a fistula since my veins are shot on my arms.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »