I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:51:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  Anxiety help
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anxiety help  (Read 8688 times)
PattyTricia

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2018, 08:59:30 PM »

I suffer from extreme panic attacks when I am at dialysis and breathing exercises help me the most. I feel very lucky that I have wonderful and caring techs and nurses who will help me with my breathing. It is a terrible thing to go through and it really helps to have support. Be up front with the staff and tell them when you think you are having an attack.
Patty :bestwishes;
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2018, 03:47:29 PM »

Being Needle-phobic most all of my life I have a problem sitting in that chair, holding still, while the Tech puts those pipes into my arm.

Dr has written me a script for generic Zanax, I take one just before leaving the house on Dialysis days. 

I see a 30 point difference in my BP's beginning treatments and haven't noticed any other signs of taking the med.

Talk with your Dr to see if this may be an option for you.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2018, 04:48:36 PM »

I should have responded sooner but I missed the post about iPads.  Two ways to help him learn. First is if there is an Apple store near by contact the Genius Bar and ask if they have trading for blind usage for an iPad if they don’t make an appointment with the Genius Bar and have them show him the way to access the iPad.  Finally google blind use of iPad and you will find a large number of sites  providing info on this including Tube.  Finally a google of trading on blind usage of an iPad.  Plus I found out Apple has an 800 number 877 204 3930. There is a lot of help to get him trained.

Sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 12:44:29 AM by cassandra » Logged
JVT90

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2019, 05:09:42 PM »

Thank you all for your responses. He's been going through phases of better for awhile, worse for awhile. Michael Murphy, Thank you for the info and phone number. :)

Husband started in clinic dialysis 2015
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2019, 09:26:50 PM »

Again you are welcome,  bravery needs to be recognized and even showing up for Dialysys the second time after the fright of the first session is a incredibly brave thing.  Tell your husband I salute his courage. 
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »