I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:12:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Fever :(
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fever :(  (Read 2231 times)
SweetyPie

« on: February 27, 2019, 06:24:22 AM »

I couldn't sleep all night tossing and turning body ache. I showered yesterday and walked into my room which was a bit cooler i feel I caught it from there. One thing i hate is going to dialysis sick. Pleass wish me luck everyone
Cupcake

a good year for Chevys

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 07:46:09 AM »

Oh I am sorry you are sick! You can't seem to get a break. Any headache/cough? if its influenza, then you should get checked so they can start the meds that shorten the duration.

People get sick from other sick people, not getting a chill from showering. That's right up there with don't swim after eating and if you eat sugar you'll get worms!

Best of luck

PD for 2 years then living donor transplant October 2018.
SweetyPie

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 08:25:55 AM »

Slight headache my body feels awful tho. Might be sinus? You are right I never catch a break... my sister was sick last week she had a fever and she was on antibiotics..
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 12:13:31 PM »

How did dialysis go today, what with your fever and all?  Was the clinic able to tell you what kind of infection you have?

I hope you feel better very soon.  Take care of yourself.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 12:30:15 PM »

How did you get on Aaisha?

:cuddle;

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
SweetyPie

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 01:30:49 PM »

Thank you for checking up on me everyone :grouphug;
Dialysis session is tomorrow at 6am. I was not planning on telling the nurses as I do not have exit site infections. I have been down this road they will give me antibiotics but I know its useless. Also they will tell me to see pcp which im fine not doing. My aunt is a doctor i will ask her to check me out.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 01:59:26 PM »

Oh, OK.  Do let us know how you get on, alright?   :2thumbsup;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
SweetyPie

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 11:32:38 AM »

Hi everyone,
I had dialysis today wasn’t too bad aside from the weakness and body ache. I took a Tylenol before I went so I wouldn’t feel too bad. When I weighed in I didn’t gain one bit obviously because I barely ate.. but the problem I mentioned in a previous post still persisted. I felt dizzy all of a sudden and asked for them to stop pulling.  My bp remained in the 70s and I could see my hands were pale so they would add extra fluid. This time I ate a pb and j sandwich. Next treatment I will try to only remove .5 and see how it goes. I left dialysis the same weight I came in but I’m not complaining because I have my fever to worry about
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 12:07:43 PM »

One thing I would do if I thought I was low on liquid was to drink some water before dialysis.  Have you thought about drinking 0.5 liters of water right before you show up so they have something to remove?

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
SweetyPie

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 01:48:25 PM »

No I have never thought of that sounds like a good tip. Do you have any tips for me so I dont feel so bar at dialysis? The dizziness early during my session scares me.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 02:04:53 PM »

No I have never thought of that sounds like a good tip. Do you have any tips for me so I dont feel so bar at dialysis? The dizziness early during my session scares me.

No sorry, I think I only had dizziness once at the end of a session.  I don't remember if I passed out or not.  I was still peeing so I did feel like I needed to make sure that I was not too dry or I would be much more burned out afterwards - so if I was working hard and not drinking during the day before treatments then I'd try to scale back the amount removed. Same with large meals, if we had a large meal the night before I'd try to take that into account and ask them to lower the amount removed that treatment.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
SweetyPie

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 02:13:16 PM »

Oh my case is different because I dont make any urine. I want to say I gained weight but I know I didn't because my appetite has been awful. This is so frustrating
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2019, 02:22:34 PM »

Oh my case is different because I dont make any urine. I want to say I gained weight but I know I didn't because my appetite has been awful. This is so frustrating

Have you tried keeping a food and drink log - including your weight at home?  It feels like a lot of our members have documented what they eat and drink so they can figure out over time exactly what will affect them, including how it will affect their labs.

SweetyPie

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2019, 02:25:59 PM »

Yes I do, I count my calories to see how much im eating in a day because I am trying to improve my eating habits. So far I have not eaten anything out of the ordinary. But i am still a bit constipated..
 Which might be the whole reason for this
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »