I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:20:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Milk
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Milk  (Read 16467 times)
Len

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2006, 06:02:41 AM »

Damm now I have to go back and check   hold on a few
Len

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2006, 06:06:19 AM »

ok those were Phos  in milk,rice and soy  as for my potassium it runs high I thought I put a post in on my potassium ?
   anyway I sometime take a few spoons  of  sodium polysytrene  to knock my Potassium back to a normal level , not that often though  only when I start tingling all over
Len

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2006, 06:07:43 AM »

Len

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2006, 06:26:40 AM »

ok here it is for potassium in milk
whole is  370
2% is   377
 soy is   338  so looks like its pretty heavy eh ?
Panda_9

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2006, 07:18:26 AM »

I didn't think soy would be less than cows, weird. Do you have the K+ for rice milk? I think its listed on the pack I sometimes buy, but I'm not sure. Ill sign up for chat in the next few days. I got some bad news today so I'm just going to lay low for a bit while I get my head sorted out. Haven't been on the net all day, which is a first for me  :-\
Bear

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2006, 06:20:43 PM »

Oh dear, Amber. I hope it's something tha can be sorted soon!!!  :-\

waves...Bear
Panda_9

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2006, 06:30:55 PM »

Got a call that a family friend had passed away. He was only a year older than me  :'(
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2006, 07:45:59 PM »

I have "Rice Dream" on my cereal.  My dietition said I could have it.  I looked on the box and didn't see anything on potassium.

They have a website:  www.TasteTheDream.com

Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2006, 09:02:00 PM »

Got a call that a family friend had passed away. He was only a year older than me  :'(

Sorry to hear that, Amber.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Panda_9

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2006, 11:36:45 PM »

Thanks Sara.....its just so terrible, such a waste of a nice guy  :'(
Panda_9

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2006, 11:39:33 PM »

Rerun....I haven't had rice dream in years. Rice milk is in the "health food" section, where everything is expensive. I buy another brand of rice milk which is cheaper, but it has salt in it which I don't like. I like rice milk on its own or with cocoa pops  :)
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2006, 12:29:31 AM »

Rerun....I haven't had rice dream in years. Rice milk is in the "health food" section, where everything is expensive. I buy another brand of rice milk which is cheaper, but it has salt in it which I don't like. I like rice milk on its own or with cocoa pops  :)
Cocoa pops have a lot of phosphate doesn't it? And Potasium?

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2006, 01:11:32 AM »

Awwww, let the lady have her cocoa pops.  I've read her posts and she seems like she does ok on her diet,  a little splurge aint gonna hurt her...just BE CAREFUL....

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2006, 01:16:58 AM »

while moving I had a lot of fast food and was shocked that my bloodwork results were not bad at all. My phosphate was only a tiny bit high and my K was good. :) Good thing I took my binders with everything ;)

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2006, 01:18:58 AM »

i wish that could happen to me,  i can eat a freaken french fry and blow up my charts, lol, 

www.kidneyoogle.com
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2006, 01:20:15 AM »

i wish that could happen to me,  i can eat a freaken french fry and blow up my charts, lol, 
Ya I didn't realize I was this lucky because I had been afriad to be so bad  :-[

I realize I am lucky and wonder how long this will last for :) After all I am just 32! Maybe when I am 50 I won't be so lucky but I am soooo glad I can have a little bit of a taste of normal life ;)

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2006, 01:22:48 AM »

You go girl,  have some for me too, k,  just let me know in detail how it tastes, lol,  nah,,  i have to admit i try to do good but with my hubby a fast food junkie,  i do have to have just a little bit of something,  and it is always the best tasting little bit of something i ever had, lol

www.kidneyoogle.com
Panda_9

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2006, 05:46:51 AM »

I really am not sure of the potassium or phosphate content. I just had a look at the box (yes I have some in my cupboard lol), and cocoa is only 3% of the ingredient, then after that is milk powder. I think if you had a small bowl of cocopops it would be ok providing you are good with your diet for the rest of the day, and take note that milk is high in both these things.

Before you all slap me on the wrist, I am on nocturnal, so I can eat chocolate, milk, whatever I want. Which reminds me, Im in-centre 2 days this week so I do need to be a little bit careful. Wrong week to do the grocery shopping!!  :-\
Mind you when I was on conventional hemo, I couldnt even look at a tomato or sideways glance at an avocado without my potassium going past 6  >:(
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2006, 03:29:58 PM »

I really am not sure of the potassium or phosphate content. I just had a look at the box (yes I have some in my cupboard lol), and cocoa is only 3% of the ingredient, then after that is milk powder. I think if you had a small bowl of cocopops it would be ok providing you are good with your diet for the rest of the day, and take note that milk is high in both these things.

Before you all slap me on the wrist, I am on nocturnal, so I can eat chocolate, milk, whatever I want. Which reminds me, Im in-centre 2 days this week so I do need to be a little bit careful. Wrong week to do the grocery shopping!!  :-\
Mind you when I was on conventional hemo, I couldnt even look at a tomato or sideways glance at an avocado without my potassium going past 6  >:(
I am lucky that I have been having no troubles with Potassium but I dont touch bananas even tho I love them and I dont touch orange juice or tomoto juice anymore or tomoto soup. I also have been trying to only have corn chips instead of potatoe chips (good thing my bp is low now and I dont have to worry about the salt so much anymore). :P But man do I ever miss my milk (my favourite drink in the world!!).

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2006, 03:50:55 AM »

I think Sara sent me a PM on this low Phosphorus milk, well half the phosphorus.  The link is:   www.dairydelicious.com

If you call (open 24 hours a day) 1-877-432-4797 and say you want a "sample" they send you 3- 8oz boxes.  I've just ordered the sample and I'll let you know how it tastes.  MMMMMMM can't wait!

Tell them  ihatedialysis.com sent you!!!

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2006, 04:59:21 AM »

I think Sara sent me a PM on this low Phosphorus milk, well half the phosphorus.  The link is:   www.dairydelicious.com

If you call (open 24 hours a day) 1-877-432-4797 and say you want a "sample" they send you 3- 8oz boxes.  I've just ordered the sample and I'll let you know how it tastes.  MMMMMMM can't wait!

Oh wow thank you! I hope it is NOT one of those "must be American!!" sites though  :(

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2006, 10:40:47 AM »

Oh wow thank you! I hope it is NOT one of those "must be American!!" sites though  :(

Hey Angie,

If it is, let me know and I'll order the sample paclk and send you one.

Lorelle

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Mom3

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2006, 03:04:40 PM »

Just a couple of weeks ago we found out about a new product that my son loves. It is a phosphorous and potassium reduced milk. We order it by the caseload now. He had been on dialysis 7 years and struggled with his love of milk and bad labs as a result. We recently changed clinics and learned about DAIRY DELICIOUS there. They sent him some free samples before we ordered.

I have been amazed at the difference in quality of care just 30 miles apart!!

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
anja

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2006, 09:27:53 PM »

Thanks to my nutritionist at the center I got a coupon for the 3 free boxes which arrived in the mail!  Into the fridge they went to cool  and were they ever delicious!!!!
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2006, 09:30:11 PM »

Are you guys not seeing this?  You can call and get 3 free samples.   ???

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »